Tanking Delta

Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Barbarian
So tomorrow I'm planning to do a delta to get my second past map.

Never done a delta before, I've got 15.4k hp in true form so I figure that should be enough. Most skills are maxed save the useless ones like garrote and firestorm.

So what should I bring for the delta and what do I need to do? b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    bring a charm and a few vac pots...

then u should be golden.. just make sure they don't set up the zen party at the god's eye.. set it up at the mouth of the valley.

too many squads on our server want to be lazy an set the party next to the eye... sure, easier for those who want to afk, but don't stand for that ****.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    RB Delta is pretty easy after getting use to it. As for my first try, it was straightforward, just be cautious at all times.

Bring a gold HP charm, Vacuity Pots for anti-movement/stun debuffs (Take 10 to be safe.), and event pots.

A Barb's job is to gather the mobs into a group and takes them to the aoe party. Usually it consists of us waiting for the mobs to come, we invoke right when they come, run out to gather them, make them cluster, and then drag them back.

Waves 1 and 2 are straightforward, except 1 part of Wave 1 has sleep mobs, I recommend using a Vac pot there for safety. Wave 2 is purely easy.

Wave 3 determines if your squad is ready for a full RB Delta run. The stun mobs can kill a party easy. So you invoke, use a Vac pot, gather the mobs and Holy Path so they aggro on you then run back to group. That's how I usually do it. The stun mobs arrive at the last 2 parts of Wave 3

Waves 4-8 is straightforward and easy for the most part, just be cautious at all times.

Wave 9 is hard and annoying, be ready to tick alot here. Its similar to Wave 3, Vac Pot and gather, and run back. Take as much aggro as you can while the DDs kill.

The final boss aoe-purges and aoes alot. We usually rebuff if we can fast, be careful, it can hit hard.

As for bosses, sometimes you will be asked to drag it away in case the previous wave is not dead. Trust your BM and aggro the boss and run around until the wave is dead, then drag back.

Good Genie moves are Cloud Eruption, Alpha Male, ToP, Absolute Domain, Holy Path.

That all I can think of for RB Delta, goodluck on your run. :]

Also, if you feel safe to do so, time Armageddon with a BM's HF for very nice damage.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1 more thing 8 and 9 bosses are quiet painful, they use a skill that take away half ur HP in 1 hit so when you hold those bosses its best to run around and let him chase you
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    I swear, the hardest part is finding the squad.

Everyone expects a barb to have like 15k hp which really isn't that easy as demon, yet everyone else that wants to go has terrible gear.

Had a mage ask to go, had a +2 TT90 weapon, rest of his gear was unrefined TT70 or 7x molds, had like 4k hp buffed, made things so much harder cause the second any mob so much as looked at him I had to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited June 2010
    its usually the BM's role to hold the agro but you can help keep agro abit, if you keep the agro the whole time the mobs would follow you when your going to get the next wave, as for HP those people must be idiots as you will be in BB and have Aura's its like saying a BM can't come because they have 9K HP, even if you get into trouble with the mobs u have Invoke
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    We never got past wave 2, 90 mage with 4k hp and no charm. The second a mob as much as looked at him I had 0.2 seconds to grab aggro or it was all over. Combine that with DDs having +2 weps we ended up with so many mobs it was crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I swear, the hardest part is finding the squad.

Everyone expects a barb to have like 15k hp which really isn't that easy as demon, yet everyone else that wants to go has terrible gear.

Had a mage ask to go, had a +2 TT90 weapon, rest of his gear was unrefined TT70 or 7x molds, had like 4k hp buffed, made things so much harder cause the second any mob so much as looked at him I had to get it.

Yea, everyone must have TT90 gears to stand a chance. Better off going with ppl you can rely on. Finding a squad thru WC usually fails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    After reading all this, Delta seems quite easy or at least simple. I think I need to max my sunder, `cept that I guess I`m ready(14,5k hp in tiggy), got maxed arma, surf, slam(kinda pointless, yeah) and pretty much everyone =p. With any luck I got demon true form before I try, you`d think that helps with aggro and that small speed increase is kewl. Reason why I haven`t maxed sunder is the 2 spark needed and I kinda leveled my aoes heavily on 9x for TW, there arma is usually better choice than Sunder due reason I dun pull catas and well, I got GX.

But how hard does mobs hit? Cause some ppl invoke before they get inside BB in FC, which I kinda see pointless, at least I invoke inside BB(Cleric never gets hit). So is it actually necessary to invoke before gathering or is it just the way some ppl run it?
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    When it comes to invoke, Fuzzy usually do that when deep inside the valley gathering up each wave...

Run ahed, agro the wave, stop, invoke, then alpha if they spread out a bit, if not frighten. Then hot-foot it back to the zen party, roar, sunder etc etc etc... rinse and redo as each wave roll in. Toss in the vac pots when needed you should be golden.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    When it comes to invoke, Fuzzy usually do that when deep inside the valley gathering up each wave...

Run ahed, agro the wave, stop, invoke, then alpha if they spread out a bit, if not frighten. Then hot-foot it back to the zen party, roar, sunder etc etc etc... rinse and redo as each wave roll in. Toss in the vac pots when needed you should be golden.

you don't really need to do that each wave, you will just need to do it with the magic mobs
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I usually run out in the middle of the mobs and invoke alpha and run back. But find a way to do it so you dont tick during pulling, wheter you invoke a little sooner use a pot or whatever.

there are 2 exceptions though 3-5 and 9-5 which are both stunners can also seal you. vacuity powder dont prevent you being sealed and you cant invoke, hence I like invoke before facing the mobs here.

1-3 sleep
    3-4 3-5 stunns
    9-1 a few stunners
    9-2 sleeps
    9-3 some stuns
    9-4 9-5 stuns

in my experience 3-5 and 9-5 are the only ones that seals. They dont always do it but in the heat of it all you can suddenly find that your invoke dont work and it can be to late.

imo its the barbs job to hold the aggro and the bm can help out a little and should alpha before you go pull the next wave to hold the mobs.

the key to a safe delta is a good barb that can position the mobs in the zen and not let them hanging all over the place, therefore I do like to use an aggro skill when pulling. I use alpha because it has the longest reach.
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So tomorrow I'm planning to do a delta to get my second past map.

Never done a delta before, I've got 15.4k hp in true form so I figure that should be enough. Most skills are maxed save the useless ones like garrote and firestorm.

So what should I bring for the delta and what do I need to do? b:surrender

I tried delta with some frnds in faction...it took us like 15 min just to figure out how to start and go in xD..we survived the first 2 waves ..I wasn't charmed and had no trouble in first 2 waves just used some pots nad HP event pots...kept using bestial rage to regain my sparks back quickly..but no idea what happend @ 3rd wave a huge boss appear and killed the harpy looking like boss behind us Q_Q

but u should bring a charm since I've been told it will get harder and harder Q_Q
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Just dont run out of Vacuity Powders at wave 9-4 like I did on my first RB b:surrender