Permanent White Voodoo?

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited June 2010 in Psychic
With Jones' Blessing permanently here (more or less), would you just run around with max white voodoo all the time now?

Psy can never one shot anyone at end game, and now they just got even more squishier. So what are you going to do?

If you got 24 diamond of tigers + blessing + level 1 white voodoo, you can have permanent +36 def level without taking a hit on your damage.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anemone_ - Harshlands
    Anemone_ - Harshlands Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    White voodoo has always been something Psychics used for protection.

The question isn't if White voodoo is replacing black, it's that white has become more useful.

Both should be taken advantage of in a fight.
    Who doesn't love pie!?
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Lol... Psy cant 1 shot anyone? well thats wrong.. they can b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well also notice that white voodoo... thats only 36% damage taken out even with that it will still hurt like hell to get hit by a hard damaging DD... also if i didnt have lvl 10 white voodoo i wouldnt of been able to tank wurlord in 2-3 when barb died
    edited June 2010
    Well if you don't think its possible for Psychics to do damage you are wrong, they are pretty scary at endgame.

I hope those guys wont mind me posting it... I just thought I should let ya know b:cute

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7343/bestpkkill.png

But this was also done with the famous Jones Blessing, so thats a partial reason. Its probably noobcake compared to other Psychics, but 1 shots is possible :)
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    even if you take out jones blessing.... 10k shot is enough to kill most people with barb buff, i take it those are light and heavy armour?

what skill did you use? cause i don't see the lvl 100 skill, which does even more damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Both are heavy armour, BM and barb.. I used Sandburst Blast lvl 10 b:chuckle
    I dont have the lvl 100 skills yet.. I did that unbuffed with Sage spark + frenzy and ofc the blessing... 72 atk lvl :)
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I rarely spark in favor of using my spark skills and regularly hit 8-10k crits on light armor users. So, I'd say endgame, yes, psys can 1 hit depending on the skills/gearing of their opponents. Though, I don't think I've 1 hit a barb yet unless it was just splash damage that I didn't notice, I have hit them for 14k+ which would kill some...
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    [HTML][/HTML]
    volst wrote: »
    With Jones' Blessing permanently here (more or less), would you just run around with max white voodoo all the time now?

I would not be surprised if, in the next patch, the timer on those blessings started immediately when they were issued.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well if you don't think its possible for Psychics to do damage you are wrong, they are pretty scary at endgame.

I hope those guys wont mind me posting it... I just thought I should let ya know b:cute

But this was also done with the famous Jones Blessing, so thats a partial reason. Its probably noobcake compared to other Psychics, but 1 shots is possible :)

im scared of chu but then again... uh i did 22k on a bm with aqua cannon ^^;; they shouldnt of HF'd the cleric next to me
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010

can i ask how refined ur weapon?
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Both are heavy armour, BM and barb.. I used Sandburst Blast lvl 10 b:chuckle
    I dont have the lvl 100 skills yet.. I did that unbuffed with Sage spark + frenzy and ofc the blessing... 72 atk lvl :)

sandburst.... omg, that is 200% + 4 k damage -.-'

imagine lvl 100 skill... you might be able to kill without triple spark but just a crit...

I rarely spark in favor of using my spark skills and regularly hit 8-10k crits on light armor users. So, I'd say endgame, yes, psys can 1 hit depending on the skills/gearing of their opponents. Though, I don't think I've 1 hit a barb yet unless it was just splash damage that I didn't notice, I have hit them for 14k+ which would kill some...

ok, my interest in psy has been renewed! now, the question is, should i reshard my armour to DoT or keep my original plan and go for JoSD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    JoSD?

10char
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    JoSD?

10char

Jade of Steady Defense
    edit: +2 def level
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25154

before edit: +1 or +3 def level, I think +3 but i'm not sure
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Jade of Steady Defense

+1 or +3 def level, I think +3 but i'm not sure

Aren't those only +2 def lvl?
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Aren't those only +2 def lvl?

lol, you are right
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25154
    edited June 2010
    can i ask how refined ur weapon?

uhm... I got Rank 8 weapon +10 with 2 sapphire gems...

I can 1 shot people without 3 spark if its archers etc. players with low hp and low magic defences life not well geared LA users.

Still not as strong as wiz but with the many AoEs that a Psychic can spam makes it leathal in TW or mass PvP fights. b:pleased
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    rank 8 weapon.... ****... i was planning to get nirvana only...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Just a Lunar weap here atm, same refine as Exe though +10

Sadly could only go through the last 4 mins of that TW afterwards, there was at least one hit that was over 30k in there but it got wiped from my log.

2010-06-1923-45-46-1.jpg
    2010-06-1923-47-49-1.jpg
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

edited June 2010

Sadly could only go through the last 4 mins of that TW afterwards, there was at least one hit that was over 30k in there but it got wiped from my log.

2010-06-1923-45-46-1.jpg
    2010-06-1923-47-49-1.jpg

Very nice.. + you got more magic with that lunar gear of yoursb:victory
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010

2010-06-1923-45-46-1.jpg
    2010-06-1923-47-49-1.jpg

what skill did you normally use to achieve those damage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyscordian - Dreamweaver
    Dyscordian - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    volst wrote: »

Psy can never one shot anyone at end game, and now they just got even more squishier. So what are you going to do?

If you got 24 diamond of tigers + blessing + level 1 white voodoo, you can have permanent +36 def level without taking a hit on your damage.

i think i understand ur ? ur asking if since everyone has an extra 30 attack level and not all psy's can 1hit people but can be 1hit wat are people gonna do .. unless im mistaken good psy's have maxed white and black voodoo and use both as the situation requires
    Psychic....Discord in Humanoid form
    edited June 2010
    what skill did you normally use to achieve those damage?

probably either crystal, sandburst blast, or glacial shards, as those are my most used skills in tw. My theory, who cares who targets me due to damage on them as long as some of them die.
    Very nice.. + you got more magic with that lunar gear of yoursb:victory

My magic's actually down to 532 now, and not sure how the rest of nirvana I'm getting will affect it. However for these SS's I did have 35 atk level at the time of the hits, I think... or maybe that was the day before I finished the second piece... who knows.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker