unlearning your main skills?

Options
killurism
killurism Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Is it possible to unlearn the skills you choose? I totally messed up my char and all i pretty much need are ironheart blessing and that tornado thing for clerics but I have all the heals and bunch of random attacks and I have wasted thousands of spirit points, which are reaaalllly important. Is there a way to unlearn my skills and choose new ones?
Post edited by killurism on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Don't worry.. as you level you keep getting spirit faster and faster and it is easy to catch up underleveled skills. There is no limit to the amount of spirit / coin you accumulate and eventually you'll have all skills maxed anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Unless you are a genie or someone's pet, there's no way that I know of to unlearn skills. It is quite unfortunate but it is how it is and now you will either have to earn more spirit for other skills or reroll a new cleric from scratch with the knowledge you now know.

I chose a demon skill (ironwood scarab) that overwrites the lvl 10 version and now it only works 20% of the time (though it seems like 10%). That's one skill I'd unlearn if I could. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I chose a demon skill (ironwood scarab) that overwrites the lvl 10 version and now it only works 20% of the time (though it seems like 10%). That's one skill I'd unlearn if I could. b:sad
    Well, technically you could switch from demon to sage and any level 11 skills would go back to level 10. Still, not a cheap option.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

You're crazy if you want to unlearn demon ironwood. That's one of the demon veno's most broken skills.

Lvl 10 has a 40% chance for a 30% armor break. Demon has a 20% chance for a 100% armor break. That means reducing an opponents pdef to 0.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    killurism wrote: »
    Is it possible to unlearn the skills you choose? I totally messed up my char and all i pretty much need are ironheart blessing and that tornado thing for clerics but I have all the heals and bunch of random attacks and I have wasted thousands of spirit points, which are reaaalllly important. Is there a way to unlearn my skills and choose new ones?

I'm not quite sure what level you are, but you are correct in saying that Ironheart will be your major heal throughout most of the game and that whirlwind [the tornado] is a great attack. Buuuut take it from me and other clerics that most of the heals and attacks you have been leveling up will become situationally useful more and more as you level up. The only "useless" skills I can think of at the moment are Blessing of the Purehearted [for heals] and Siren's Kiss [for attacks]. And by useless I mean unpopular, but many people say they are good for certain situations as well.

Check out the cleric part of the subforum for more leveling skills advice and good luck. Gaining spirit gets far easier if you stick it out.

Also really the only skill I've heard people complain about is Sage Dragon's Breath, as it makes rebirth aggro control a bit harder with the stun chance.
  • killurism
    killurism Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thank you for all the info, and i guess this means more hyper exp stones for me, and a lot of genie levels.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You're crazy if you want to unlearn demon ironwood. That's one of the demon veno's most broken skills.

Lvl 10 has a 40% chance for a 30% armor break. Demon has a 20% chance for a 100% armor break. That means reducing an opponents pdef to 0.

+1, and once the veno auto attacks (luckily the dumb ones don't have accuracy which most leaves) can just auto attack / melee with pet at you to death after spark. As for normal ironwood, thats not true. Its not that broken but it is very ugly

And to the OP, its completely pointless to unlearn skills. Its rather silly because you get unlimited spirit. If your 40+ then your in good hands for easy spirit which you can learn everything without the hassle of spending way too much money at 100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Unless they've nerfed Ironwood Scarab since i levelled my veno, Ironwood 1-10 is 100% chance at 30% armor break, NOT 40% chance.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Unless they've nerfed Ironwood Scarab since i levelled my veno, Ironwood 1-10 is 100% chance at 30% armor break, NOT 40% chance.

No change. It is 100%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I love every other demon skill. When demon ironwood does land, it is totally broken. I just miss the consistency (100%) of the non demon ironwood. So often I'm in a squad with other venos and I'm thinking "Geez I'm spamming my demon ironwood and it's not doing anything and they aren't even casting theirs.."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]