Comments

• Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    these people?

P.S. GIRUGAMESH

That.
    That exactly.
    Most people would like to say those are few and far between...but due to bad personal experiences I disagree. tt22.gif
    I wish back in middle school we were given a map of hallways to avoid. b:shocked

"She considers them "more annoying then Twilight fans."

I don't know, I'd have to say they're even now.
  • lispia
    lispia Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Good to see this thread promoted such a healthy discussion, lots of opinions. Yes, moderation and being genuine is the key to keep friends. Let's hope some people learned something from this, as some of us who are mature enough gets judged because of offhand comments once in a while as a result of people like that. All good.

Although a little off topic, nothing in naruto is cute. Cuteness lies in clannad, k-on, working, tsubasa chronicle (yay for mokona and sakura *hugs them both* umm ^^') and many many more. Naturo doesn't have anything cute at all. None.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    OMFG This made me laugh so hard I pulled a muscle.

I mentioned Naruto because even my 16 year old daughter has been nerd raging over Naruto fangirls for nearly 2 years now. She considers them "more annoying then Twilight fans." My daughter is a calm, rational girl, so anything that pisses her off that much has got to be bad. xD

I remember when Naruto came out and they were showing an episode on Cartoon Network and my little brother, aged 5 at the time, looked at me and said "this is boring" and we changed the channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Naruto is at least more entertaining then bleach ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    *insert long **** quote here*

0.0 all i can say is damn you got alotta issues lol sometimes it may get annoying but is it realy annoying enough to wright what is that like a 500 word essay on how annoying it is when ppl act cutesy? now dont get me wrong i agree sometimes it can get annoying but you gotta relize there isnt a damn thing you can do about it if the person wants to act that way they are going to thats what happens with free will now if the person is polite and considerit and you explain it to them (hopefuly not as long as you have here and not with so much anger) they will stop if not then leave lol dont stress yourself out

now back to the OP sometimes it can be funny sometimes it is annoying i recomend just doing it around ppl who you know well in order to avoid any conflict :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    nothing wrong with having more happy people in this world~
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    0.0 all i can say is damn you got alotta issues lol sometimes it may get annoying but is it realy annoying enough to wright what is that like a 500 word essay on how annoying it is when ppl act cutesy? now dont get me wrong i agree sometimes it can get annoying but you gotta relize there isnt a damn thing you can do about it if the person wants to act that way they are going to thats what happens with free will now if the person is polite and considerit and you explain it to them (hopefuly not as long as you have here and not with so much anger) they will stop if not then leave lol dont stress yourself out

now back to the OP sometimes it can be funny sometimes it is annoying i recomend just doing it around ppl who you know well in order to avoid any conflict :D

You quote her full post and you don't even punctuate... And you only pressed enter once.
    And thus, I did try to read what you meant and could not figure it in the end.

and THAT's annoying. b:laugh

And yes, better tell the concerned one if it is getting overboard (in a honest and polite way, of course), or things will never change in any way.
    Remember this quote.
    'All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing', one fool said once.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited June 2010
    nothing wrong with having more happy people in this world~

yes but if that happy ness is at the expence of others is it realy worth it?

@ lestar actuly i thought i cut out part of the qoute apparently i didnt and ive never been good with punctuation btw my point was there is no reason to get so stressed out about something in a game that should be a relaxing experiance to write a 500 word essay about it i was mearly trying to say dont take it so hard just gotta learn to chill out a bit cuz you cant do anything about the other persons behavior
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010

@ lestar actuly i thoght i cut out part of the qoute apparently i didnt and ive never been good with punctuation btw my point was there is no reason to get so stressed out about something in a game that should be a relaxing experiance to write a 500 word essay about it i was mearly trying to say dont take it so hard just gotta learn to chill out a bit cuz you cant do anything about the other persons behavior

Nah, just poking you (in the eyes). I got the idea in the end.

*Serious mode on*

You know, it's better to explain something in '500 words' like you said it than keeping for yourself and keep having others blame you for something you do not do all the time, and assimilate you to an immature dummy.

PWI, a relaxing experience? I sure wish it was, but this cannot be changed, in contrary of a person's behavior.

Some people are not even aware of their faults, because it is a long and difficult process to admit your own lacks and weaknesses. It hurts the 'pride/ego', it is 'mean/evil/impudent'...

But telling people that you care for them, showing them in a patient way that they could go wrong and that it is better for them to know now than to discover later and with pain, that can change them forever.
    How do you think some former bullies, even gang members choose the path of good? It's because they are shown in a good, but firm way that they did wrong. If no one would go against them, they still keep doing criminal stuff, as it is their reason to live, if they got nothing else to cling to.

Of course, it is not supposed to be that extreme in a MMO, but as some can be very harsh/stupid/egoistic/egocentric/stubborn/other (choose your poison), it is better for you to defend yourself or at least make them understand you are not always what they see.
    We are humans after all, with qualities and flaws... right?

(Wow, quite a rant)
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2010

@ lestar actuly i thought i cut out part of the qoute apparently i didnt and ive never been good with punctuation btw my point was there is no reason to get so stressed out about something in a game that should be a relaxing experiance to write a 500 word essay about it i was mearly trying to say dont take it so hard just gotta learn to chill out a bit cuz you cant do anything about the other persons behavior
    I agreed with everything he said. The type of people he's describing (attention seekers, basically) cause a greater disturbance then any other type of griefer because they manage to stay within the rules and avoid a (deserved) ban. Any behavior like profanity, threats, abuse, racism ... this can all be cured by simply removing the person from the server. Attention seekers don't break any rules but still cause more of a disturbance just because they are around longer.

The "cutesy" type of attention seeker is the worst because, like other posters have said, you can't call them out on it without making yourself look bad because idiots fall for their behavior. It's like when someone pretends to be a veteran online ... talking about their "war injuries" and how bad the VA is, but still says things that make it obvious (to everyone paying attention anyway) that they were never in the military ... calling them out makes you look like an absolute tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
    edited June 2010
    like i said i agree but not much you can do about it no sence getting your self all stressed out its not healthy and IMHO its definately not worth it like i said politely ask them to stop if they cant or wont then you gotta cut your losses just BL them leave faction w/e you have to do to eliminate the problem i just dont like seeing ppl get stressed over stuff they realy cant do anything about most ppl have enough RL stress they dont need ingame stress to add onto it

btw i edited down that quote to what i had wanted in the first place lol idk why it didnt post the way i had it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ingway - Sanctuary
    Ingway - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Interesting topic.
    lispia wrote: »
    Then comes cute behaviors, by behaviors I mean saying totally harmless non-serious things like randomly:

1) "The ground is starting to feel comfy" *sleeps* - when dead, which elicited a laugh or two from faction mates and friends.

2) "aww the lava looks lovely" *wants to swim* - in a random drake chain run.

3) "aww what a cute kitty" *hugs*

I find comments in the above appropriate only when you're with your friends/faction mates.

In the perspective of a random though, I find it awkward. In the examples above, I don't have opinions of either, so I don't have any responses for it. And that's where the awkwardness comes from, cuz the person saying these things might want to see a response, but I don't have any. The intent is not clear to me, and it's not like there's any point of discussion.

Some people are just not good with small talk, and things like that irritate them.

lispia wrote: »
    Well the point is... does everyone find expressively cute style of speaking annoying? or was it the only select few that we had encountered over a time?

I think the reactions are based on the associations and assumptions that people make when they see specific actions.

Personally, I am not against the use of "cute style of speaking". It gives me a few impressions:
    1) S/he is trying to build rapport.
    2) S/he wants to build a friendly/relaxing environment.
    3) S/he likes to chat.

For me, good players keep the favorable impression going. Average players would seem clueless, so I end up forgiving them a lot more for messing up. Bad players are just...oh well.

Sometimes though, the 'cute' talking ends up backfiring. I feel that 'smileys' tend to convey to me that the other party expects a favorable response. Meaningless 'cute' conversations tire me out and I usually end up not responding in the end.

The content to which a smiley is attached to is also rather important to me.

"Ty for the buffs ^^ / :D / :) " <-- this is okay.
    "Calcid's a mohawk chicken XD" <-- amusing to read I guess.
    "I hate those exploding bombs b:sad" <-- this feels a bit dumb.

The 'fake' type of cute though...Can't help but think they're bimbos or something. "O em gee hun, that's totally cute <3 I luv ya <3<3<3 xD :D" Something like that. Very disturbing. That has to be deliberate, right? What the ??? are they thinking??

As for the individuals who express their dislikes... These are probably some of the associations and assumptions:

1) This person wants attention. / She wants people to like her.
    2) If she acts cute, she must be "fake".
    3) And if she's fake, everything she says must be insincere. Either that, or she has some kind of motive/intention.

The emote in the 'acting cute' category that I dislike the most is :3. My association with 'anime cute smileys' is that these people tend to appear very friendly, eager to make friends/please...and then they start saying things like, "Aouh my mom's being such a bytch xD" <-- like wtf, this is horrible. Emo kids imitating characters in anime who 'have a smiling face but a sad past/background story?' Then they digress with things like, "Yeah my whole family hates me ^^ It's sad huh... ._." I'm sorry but, save this for private messages and for someone willing to take your baggage of emotional burden. In a good mood, I can take the ****. But most of us would rather not deal with it. And it's hard to slap them cuz they started with a 'friendly front'. Not saying everyone who uses :3 is like that since it's just an association, but I'd be weary around them.

As for the question, "when is cute behaviour childish", it's a bit difficult to answer. I think it depends more on the environment in which you use that language. You wouldn't want to be acting cute in a group of dead serious randoms who just want to get the instance done with no words exchanged.
    like i said i agree but not much you can do about it no sence getting your self all stressed out its not healthy and IMHO its definately not worth it like i said politely ask them to stop if they cant or wont then you gotta cut your losses just BL them leave faction w/e you have to do to eliminate the problem i just dont like seeing ppl get stressed over stuff they realy cant do anything about most ppl have enough RL stress they dont need ingame stress to add onto it

OP doesn't seem so stressed. The others who do seem somewhat stressed don't look like they're looking for a solution; they're just here to share. And sharing helps other people understand what's going through their minds, what upsets them and why.

You might want to work on punctuation, since the lack of it could start a new thread called "when is the lack of punctuation inappropriate?" Don't get me wrong... I can tolerate different styles of speech, but there are others who could end up stressful trying to read your words, and that's the reverse of what you're trying to say.

Anyone is free to be who they want to be... They just have to deal with the consequences, whether they think they deserve it or not.
    edited June 2010
    lol i should probly start that thread now but i would have so many punctuation errors and probly grammatical and spelling errors that anyone who cant stand the errors would simply be to offended by it, and btw i wasnt refering to the OP if you look back i was refering to a earlyer poster i was simply giveing advice which i though might help him to releave some of the stress/anger that he seamed to present in his post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What the, :3 is a smiley face? I always thought it was balls on chin. Looks like it anyways, since the 3 covers where the mouth should be.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Everyones entitled to their own opinion but your opinion is just false...
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    //snip -The complete guide to not acting obnoxious or boring in a game-

Everything you said this ^ tt13.gif

I almost feel like I'm breaking the law since Tommy Tiger has a ':3' face.
    But I digress, that face and '^_^' I avoid like the plague.
    What the, :3 is a smiley face? I always thought it was balls on chin. Looks like it anyways, since the 3 covers where the mouth should be.

lmao. Ff.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I always write long posts when I'm giving my opinion.

Hell, you could ask me what I think of Pepsi products compared to Coca-Cola products, and it'd probably turn into a small essay.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Quote for truth. But then someone said:
    Everyones entitled to their own opinion but your opinion is just false...

...in response to it. Bleach has more fillers.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Spoilers ahead :
    But Bleach's power ups are more awesome compared to Naruto's.
    Think about it, at first he can make a small ball, then he make a bigger one, and now the sage mode ball =.=;;

At least Bleach has the mask, transformation and now, in the hyperbolic time chamber, he'll get another power up. Compared to Naruto's sucking in the 9-tail's chackra.

But I digress. I firmly support more B Gata H Kei type of emoticons, instead of the regular cutesy ones b:cute :3
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the emoticons they use but by the content of their character.
  • Quinarella - Sanctuary
    Quinarella - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Isn't it a Game? And aren't we here to have Fun?? b:chuckle
    NiteDream - Marshal [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Too bad some people mix in fun with douchbagetry.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010

fun =/= annoying
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'll tell you what's childish. childish is when people wc profanities, childish is when people can't play their damn class and blame everyone else, childish is when people can't get over their in-game relationships and create drama about it. there are worse things than acting cute, as long as you don't upset people by being a bad player i don't see a problem with how you talk.

it's a game, you're pretending to be elves and foxes and ****, as long as you're a good player, you can talk in secret languages to your invisible friends and i'll be fine with that.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Maybe it's just me, but being 20 myself, I don't usually use smilies/emotes too much. I do find it annoying when it gets overused in almost every line because I believe it's just the person (or people) trying too hard to be cute. I don't mind it too much since in my faction, there are one or two people who abuse their boutique tiger or monkey smilies/emotes. But usually after the 10th time of the spam, I tend to turn off my faction chat.

That one. I know I use emotes as well, but from what you say, it looks like it is every darn sentence. Just.... Over the top. Way too much sugarsugar for me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    I'll tell you what's childish. childish is when people wc profanities, childish is when people can't play their damn class and blame everyone else, childish is when people can't get over their in-game relationships and create drama about it. there are worse things than acting cute, as long as you don't upset people by being a bad player i don't see a problem with how you talk.

it's a game, you're pretending to be elves and foxes and ****, as long as you're a good player, you can talk in secret languages to your invisible friends and i'll be fine with that.

A cold but sound comment full of truth. I like that.
    edited June 2010

i laughed so hard i almost cried ty Quilue for brightening my day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ex_Valkyrie - Sanctuary
    Ex_Valkyrie - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You really shouldn't worry about how others think about how you want to act.
    Be yourself based on your own likes, don't let others control who you are. b:cool
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I only understand Quiquiham when she's in her hamsta form. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luckyrose - Harshlands
    Luckyrose - Harshlands Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited June 2010

yeah, i can't argue with thatb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You Forsaken :)