Evolution and guilds like it.

Rophe - Heavens Tear
Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Etherblade (West)
Recently, we all saw a blast from the past, Evolution, bidding on Misfortune. This was clearly not a serious threat to enrage, and after 20 minutes of good times, Enrage finally was able to end it. Clearly Evolution is not what it once was, and only an close-minded ignoramus would say that Evolution was not, and some point, a power on the map.

I suspect that we will continue to see more and more players retire their main characters back to the places they spent the majority of their levels. I know that I, Rophe, spent levels 26-95 in Evolution, and have a lot of great memories. Getting PvE territories, being the first faction to get a Tier II land. Even all of the drama of leader switching, hacusations, RoC drama, Enrage drama, Drama drama... all kinds of memories.

What I wonder is that as players put away their main characters in pursuit of Tideborns or otherwise, will we see more strange purposeless bids like the one Evolution made? Or did that bid truly serve no purpose? I cannot remember a time in the last 6 months that I have laughed more and screamed at my monitor more than our recent war with Enrage. Morale raised, a little life breathed into what is to me, a dying interest.

I for one hope that RoC makes a come back. I would love to see Elysium, TheEmpire, Radiance, and that one that starts with an A... all retake the map. It would be funny to see it all come around full circle.

[/wall]
Post edited by Rophe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Or did that bid truly serve no purpose? I cannot remember a time in the last 6 months that I have laughed more and screamed at my monitor more than our recent war with Enrage.

I think you answered your own question, If yourself and those involved had fun and enjoyment then yes the bid served it's purpose.
    At the end of the day this is only a game and games are supposedly about having fun. If that goal was achieved then no matter what the outcome you have won.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Avengers? That's the guild i TWed against first time.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Avengers? That's the guild i TWed against first time.

Not starting that back up

I would like to see some old Elysium players (Fiona/pre Fiona times) but thats not gonna happen the people that lead it now b:embarrass
    people like Hong did the right thing IMO
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ah i miss the days of Elysium/Ultra wars...now that was fun. most of us have moved on to bigger guilds (most of my old Ultra friends went to Tao i believe). i will always have a fondness for the days when lvling was hard work, there was actual debate daily in gc over full support/FAC clerics( lmao), TT80 green was godly in my eyes, and we all had a good time.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I for one hope that RoC makes a come back. I would love to see Elysium, TheEmpire, Radiance, and that one that starts with an A... all retake the map. It would be funny to see it all come around full circle.

[/wall]

We're trying our best b:victory (not because you want it tho xD aaaaaanyway)
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    good to see that Evo had fun :)
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It may carry the same name but is it really still the same guild?

Bidding was always about fun, but some people think competitiveness as fun and influence their beliefs onto others who didn't originally think competitive TWing was fun. And then like, yea. That's enough philosophy for today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garrand - Heavens Tear
    Garrand - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    avenger's was my 1st tw guild. damn... how long ago where they around again? :O

about RoC... we got enrage D;

ViTaLitY (however it was spelt...) was another which seems completly innactive, tho i saw a low lvl in it about 6 weeks ago in arch.
  • MuGata - Harshlands
    MuGata - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This game is not what it used to be back in thus times Cash shop, BH's, and FC changed everything. Because of All these instances ppl can reach 90+ and still be nubs without knowing anything about there classes. Grinding died a.k.a world pvp died also (in PvP servers)

~MuGatuXXX
    Quited HT when HL 1st came out^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World International
    MuGata - Elf Archer - Demon

Perfect World Multilingual
    Lovintom - Barbarian
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I have no plans of making Genesis strong enough to take land in the near future.
    Recently, we all saw a blast from the past, Evolution, bidding on Misfortune. This was clearly not a serious threat to enrage, and after 20 minutes of good times, Enrage finally was able to end it. Clearly Evolution is not what it once was, and only an close-minded ignoramus would say that Evolution was not, and some point, a power on the map.

I suspect that we will continue to see more and more players retire their main characters back to the places they spent the majority of their levels. I know that I, Rophe, spent levels 26-95 in Evolution, and have a lot of great memories. Getting PvE territories, being the first faction to get a Tier II land. Even all of the drama of leader switching, hacusations, RoC drama, Enrage drama, Drama drama... all kinds of memories.

What I wonder is that as players put away their main characters in pursuit of Tideborns or otherwise, will we see more strange purposeless bids like the one Evolution made? Or did that bid truly serve no purpose? I cannot remember a time in the last 6 months that I have laughed more and screamed at my monitor more than our recent war with Enrage. Morale raised, a little life breathed into what is to me, a dying interest.

[/wall]

Oh look I have been ended

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rophe - Heavens Tear
    Rophe - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nah wall, I didn't end you b:laugh

As far as Evolution goes, I don't see a major resurrection, nor a rise to super-power. That said, if we get some more people back, and we want to TW once a month or something? Sounds like a good thing.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    avenger's was my 1st tw guild. damn... how long ago where they around again? :O

Fell around march 09, closed down(what was left merged into Belial) end of October
  • Vivi - Heavens Tear
    Vivi - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nah wall, I didn't end you b:laugh

As far as Evolution goes, I don't see a major resurrection, nor a rise to super-power. That said, if we get some more people back, and we want to TW once a month or something? Sounds like a good thing.

Rophe you know i respect your cleric power: Res is the kind of thing you do all the time.
    Go res some Evo super hidden power and lets have some fun with old time faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Im Up for Nirvana~
    Thanks Santacruz for the Signature
    theempire.ucoz.com
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    RoC drama now available in stores worldwide - in blackmarkets only. b:chuckle
  • Cannibuss - Heavens Tear
    Cannibuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lulz i was in avengers once. then i made harley ragequit.

ahhh the fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a little dysfunctional, Don't you know?
    If you push me, It might be bad
    Get a little emotional, Don't you know?
    You could fool around and make me mad

Cannibuss can achieve invisibility and dismember opponents with no warning. By the time you see him, your eyes may no longer be connected to your face.
  • Gol D. Roger - Heavens Tear
    Gol D. Roger - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Avengers vs Triad for Forest of Haze my first TW and it lasted 3 hours. That spot was memorable for me coz it became the meeting spot for TW for Triad and its close to Sanctuary where all the zhenning and aoe grinding happens when it used to matter. Now a lot of people doesn't even know how to start or know what zhen is :( Good ol' days.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    avengers Vs Triad For Forest Of Haze My First Tw And It Lasted 3 Hours. That Spot Was Memorable For Me Coz It Became The Meeting Spot For Tw For Triad And Its Close To Sanctuary Where All The Zhenning And Aoe Grinding Happens When It Used To Matter. Now A Lot Of People Doesn't Even Know How To Start Or Know What Zhen Is :( Good Ol' Days.

Nix Army Nix Army Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • calumc
    calumc Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:pleased

Good to see Evo still around - Rophe

Any Evo members playing FW when its released?

IzzyBelle o/
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    haha you put all those guilds back in play and I'd come back to PW just to watch the fun :) Good to see ya Rophe...miss all those in Evo! Miss everyone in general -_- Glad to see that HT isn't fully owned by one guild. Have fun and best of luck everyone!
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    calumc wrote: »
    b:pleased

Good to see Evo still around - Rophe

Any Evo members playing FW when its released?

IzzyBelle o/

Izzy! (I'm checking it during closed at least, dunno about after)

<--Lypiphera (unless you're one of the people who despise me then I'm not Lypi) b:shutup
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Ihnamere - Heavens Tear
    Ihnamere - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Wanna see Triad and Genesis back QQ

've had the best battles ever in Triad
    for one we first beat Enrage in a 3 hours defend (TRIAD FOR TURTLE!)
    Battle's with Evo were epic too so much fun trying to kill lypi he had like the best gear that time TT90 with perfects and + 4(or was it 6) wich seem like a laugh now.
    good old days :D
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i seriously doubt Triad will be seen again since the majority of there memebers he mergeed to Radiance
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Awww Sweet Nostalgia! I miss my Ultra-Days.. Man I started a monster of a guild. Unfortunately the person that they let take hold of Ultra will never do much with it I don't think, and WTF is up with that guild logo? Anyway, Many many good times back in the good ole days. I doubt RoC will go anywhere though, isn't Hong still the leader? I don't remember. I still remember when TheEmpire first fell and EqualiZeR gott heir first land .... held it fo two weeks and then Triad and their Veno-Nix powers rained down their OP Hatred on our poor little faction. Thus ending us, splitting us in two ... Ultra and others ran off to Rad... Ah good stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired