So why are there mobs?

2»

Comments

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, the game lacks any adrenaline or any thrill of being randomly attacked or the competitiveness of open map PvP.

I've never been an RPKer, but some of my best thrills were having to quest in Secret Passage or going to Heaven's Tear to complete or turn in a quest all the while trying to cleverly avoid being killed, or sometimes when being attacked, fight back and sometimes even win. That was when I was a lowbie. Even now, some of the best fun is guild vs. guild open map group PvP. That's something you can't and won't experience on a PvE server. Not lowbies ganking lowbies, but high levels fighting each other because they WANT to. Obviously you fail to realize that many people do like fighting each other, and it's not about some high level ganking random lowbies over and over... and judging by your uninformed comments, you're pretty oblivious to this fact.

Sorry, this is a game. If you're 'afraid' of dying or being PK'd, that's your choice, you're kinda being a wuss about it. You don't lose exp when killed by another player. I don't see what the problem is. And, if you actually enjoy this game, there's not much left to do once you hit 100 and PvP ends up being a decent share of the 'fun' activities.

Being on a PvE server, you don't really have an idea of what PvP is like on a PvP server, only limited PvP by those who actually are brave or stupid enough to turn off PK protections to be ganked by the uber cash shopped end-gamers. It's not like that on a PvE server, so your disdain for them is pretty much just ignorant nonsense.

+1

That's why people shouldn't complain about being pked. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Being on a PvE server, you don't really have an idea of what PvP is like on a PvP server, only limited PvP by those who actually are brave or stupid enough to turn off PK protections to be ganked by the uber cash shopped end-gamers. It's not like that on a PvE server, so your disdain for them is pretty much just ignorant nonsense.

This is the typical PvP player high & mighty snobbish attitude. Ever think maybe i've played PvP servers & know what its about, on more then just 1 game as well? Nope, you just assume you're better then ye ole' PvE server player & put us down. I've been through the constant PKing by people 10-20 or more levels higher, ussually playing the "flavor of the month" class, when all you want to do is relax quest or whatever. Then when you pop on your main, they run like a coward. Same people cry about being PKed & then they take it out on people they're obviously tremendously more powerful then.

If you notice in my original post i said "many" PvP players have that attitude or hypocrasy & lack of perspective. I did NOT say "all" or "most" in fact i made certain of the word i used in that sentence. But it takes only some to hassle & harass & kill the fun of an entire area because they sweep through the area killing everyone. And the high levels sit there saying "there's no problem" because they dont see this behavior, this personality type does not seek to combat them.

So no, its not ignorant nonsense, it is talking from experience. Maybe there's a reason so many more chose to play on PvE servers rather then PvP when given the option, ever think of that?
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It is like cherry-picking, albeit unintentionally. Most people who don't "succeed" quit and usually don't post anyway, so of course you see Michael_Darks around.
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There should be this instance, that has multiple rooms and plenty of bosses and some mobs too. Those bosses would be pretty hard to kill, but would drop some valuable items. Those valuable items coulb be sold to people who can't farm that instance themselves, allowing the instance farmers to make millions of coins fast. 2x drops should take effect there too.

b:scorn

I belive it`s name Nirvana, exept for "pretty hard to kill" part , they also talk more sht then i ever saw coming from mob or boss b:shutup. Millions of coins? i dont think so, especially when most of ppl waiting for 2x drop to go there lol. Whoever said warsoul mats drop from mobs... why? So you will have more assasins runing with warsoul wep on pve server? *face palm*. I have nothing against pve servers, but cmon.... whats the point to it

P.S. Take out mobs noone need them anymore
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I like OVS tho
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Grannus - Harshlands
    Grannus - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    On topic: Mobs are for people who can't afford to buy all of their xp.

#1: ^^^ This ^^^

#2: I've been playing on Sanctuary for over a year. I got bored and decided to roll on Harshlands to do some PVP. Now, I was looking forward to some exciting combat with people around my level, maybe +/- 5 to 10 levels to keep it exciting. So far, this has not been my experience. I have had lots of 9x drop from the skies and 1-shot me, not to mention a particular person camping/griefing lowbies trying to turn in quests at Heaven's Tear. Way to go. b:victory You are truly awesome to be able to kill players 60 levels below yours. b:scorn I do have to ask those 9x players who attack 3x a question, though. Are you REALLY so fail that you have to attack 60 levels below yourself to keep from dieing? Are you afraid to hunt in areas your own level or do you just enjoy stepping on ants and pulling the wings off of flies?

IMHO PVP assumes that the one being attacked has some measure of a chance to fight back or escape and the attacker has the possibility of being killed. 9x 1-shotting 3x is not PVP. Who could possibly enjoy constantly being killed with no recourse except to die or move on to a different quest, assuming you had a different quest to do. Of course people hang out in SZ.

You want to know why PVP sux anymore? This would be why. Personally, I think killing someone more than, say, 10 levels below you should not add to your kill count or better yet - should erase kills from your kill count. That might help to make people more likely to PVP their level and make PVP exciting again.

And before you assume I am just a carebear with no PVP experience, I started on, and quite enjoyed, a game where you not only lost exp - you could lose levels, and the associated skills for that level, when dieing. You always dropped stuff upon dieing - even when a mob killed you - and the mobs, as well as other players, would pick it up. You had to kill the mob (or the player) that killed you to get your stuff back. There was also a thief class (somewhat similar to our sins) who could pick-pocket you if they were good enough. THAT was fun until they went P2P. I'd still be playing it if it were still F2P.

I really enjoy this game, but the perverted sense of accomplishment some get from PKing people 60 levels below them is really whacked and gives PvP a bad name.
  • Xpence - Archosaur
    Xpence - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Looking at this topic the first thing that comes into my mind is whats gona be the next idea of someone-let me save ya the thinkin.I see soon topic called"close all dungeons except frost and put TT mats and molds in the cs"just like on private servers-there half dungeons arent workin,TT mats and molds are in the boutique and everyone is walkin in uber gear ...just my chaotic thoughts here...b:surrender
    Xpence-lvl94cleric(retired thx to crappy ups...sigh.. could be a nice game..)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Let's not kid ourselves, the reason why pvp is dead on pvp servers is because there's no one questing after level 40-50. Everyone is safely in sz or in instances.

This has to be the most ridiculous argument on these forums.

Your argument is that, because people are all level 90 instead of a select few being level 90 and the rest being level 60 and under, absolutely helpless against the red lvl 90s' attacks, everyone has stopped PVPing.

'TF kind of argument is that? That's like saying I'm more likely to wanna play B-ball against Kobe Bryant if I stand absolutely no chance against him instead of if we're both of equal skill.
    I still don't understand why people would complain about not having to grind for hours on end and not having to absolutely dedicate themselves to the game in order to get powerful. Whenever posts like these come up however, I can only imagine that the people who used to PK lower levels are the ones complaining, since now their targets actually put up good fights.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    uh, because the rest of PW players arent as high level as you, and we do these things called Justice Quests, ordinary level quests, catching pets, and so on.

just the usual business of most MMO games.

I was doing wq and I kept noticing these little monsters running around. What's the point of them? Is their only reason for existence to irritate mat farmers?

Reason of thread- Due to the high ammount of give away exp, such as Cube, Hyperstone, BH, there isnt a need for mobs anymore. Let's not kid ourselves, the reason why pvp is dead on pvp servers is because there's no one questing after level 40-50. Everyone is safely in sz or in instances. Quests give meaningless exp/rewards for anyone to do them instead of alternatives.

To Devs/GMs: update quest rewards to get some more "fun" into the game, instead of having all the players mindlessly leveling to 100 then quitting the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    This has to be the most ridiculous argument on these forums.

Your argument is that, because people are all level 90 instead of a select few being level 90 and the rest being level 60 and under, absolutely helpless against the red lvl 90s' attacks, everyone has stopped PVPing.

'TF kind of argument is that? That's like saying I'm more likely to wanna play B-ball against Kobe Bryant if I stand absolutely no chance against him instead of if we're both of equal skill.
    I still don't understand why people would complain about not having to grind for hours on end and not having to absolutely dedicate themselves to the game in order to get powerful. Whenever posts like these come up however, I can only imagine that the people who used to PK lower levels are the ones complaining, since now their targets actually put up good fights.

that wasn't my argument, you misinterpreted. I dont pk low levels, most of the people I kill on my guilds kos are 80+. What I was trying to say is that after lvl 40-50 or so quests become worthless compared to just doing dailies. Meaning no one hardly does quests anymore after those levels because theres too many safe alternatives with better rewards. Even on my mage I leveled to (82 now) in under a month just by doing dailies alone.

Next time your out take a look around swamps/grasslands on a pvp server, its almost completely empty all the time compared to when there was no hyper stones/ BH.

My argument in case your brain cant comprehend it still: PvP is dead because hardly no one quests do to the crappy exp/rewards from it. The only people who really do quests are people who play the game all damn day, as cube/ wq/ bh/ frost and other dailes take up the whole game-day.
    uh, because the rest of PW players arent as high level as you, and we do these things called Justice Quests, ordinary level quests, catching pets, and so on.

just the usual business of most MMO games.

thats fine and dandy for a pve server, i joined this server to get some pvp fun. Which was fun/ exhilarating even tho I got the floor mopped with myself because, as Michael stated earlier, avoiding pkers at heavens tear to turn in/pick up quests was a thrill.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    that wasn't my argument, you misinterpreted. I dont pk low levels, most of the people I kill on my guilds kos are 80+. What I was trying to say is that after lvl 40-50 or so quests become worthless compared to just doing dailies. Meaning no one hardly does quests anymore after those levels because theres too many safe alternatives with better rewards. Even on my mage I leveled to (82 now) in under a month just by doing dailies alone.

Next time your out take a look around swamps/grasslands on a pvp server, its almost completely empty all the time compared to when there was no hyper stones/ BH.

My argument in case your brain cant comprehend it still: PvP is dead because hardly no one quests do to the crappy exp/rewards from it. The only people who really do quests are people who play the game all damn day, as cube/ wq/ bh/ frost and other dailes take up the whole game-day.

thats fine and dandy for a pve server, i joined this server to get some pvp fun. Which was fun/ exhilarating even tho I got the floor mopped with myself because, as Michael stated earlier, avoiding pkers at heavens tear to turn in/pick up quests was a thrill.

"My argument in case your brain cant comprehend it still"

Why the hell does everyone and their mother have to act like a paranoid **** on the interbutts? I swear to god I could say "hey got a spare MP pot" and someone might respond with "WHO WANTS TO KNOW, NOOB??! <.<" Read your first sentence of your post and thought "heeeey, this guy isn't overly stand-off-ish, yay," til I got there. Get the **** over yourself.

And my point was, I sincerely doubt that the majority of the public would refer to trying to turn in a quest without getting PKed (without having a chance in hell of fighting back against the PKer) a "thrill."
    Second, I dunno what Lost is up to but I still see people questing. Why? For the rep.

And third, PK is not dead. The difference is that before, the select few high levels would just PK the helpless low levels. Now everyone's on equal grounds, so if you wanna PK: West archo, Orchid Temple, Hidden Orchid.

I still say a lot of people who make this argument are just upset about the equal grounds. They miss fighting with an advantage. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'll still continue to grind and quest like normal. I'm doing it now. Sure I could do hyper exp and BH and all that, but I don't see the point. Sure I'll be 93 for another few months, but I don't care, at least I know how to play, unlike the new players.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    "My argument in case your brain cant comprehend it still"

Why the hell does everyone and their mother have to act like a paranoid **** on the interbutts? I swear to god I could say "hey got a spare MP pot" and someone might respond with "WHO WANTS TO KNOW, NOOB??! <.<" Read your first sentence of your post and thought "heeeey, this guy isn't overly stand-off-ish, yay," til I got there. Get the **** over yourself.

And my point was, I sincerely doubt that the majority of the public would refer to trying to turn in a quest without getting PKed (without having a chance in hell of fighting back against the PKer) a "thrill."

Thats what a pvp server is supposed to be, maybe they should roll pve?
    Second, I dunno what Lost is up to but I still see people questing. Why? For the rep.

And third, PK is not dead. The difference is that before, the select few high levels would just PK the helpless low levels. Now everyone's on equal grounds, so if you wanna PK: West archo, Orchid Temple, Hidden Orchid. that isnt really pk... thats no different from a pve server choosing when to enter pk mode, I want to have to keep an eye on the minimap at all times to watch out for incoming pkers. As it is now, the game gets boring if there are no uncertainties. You just mindlessly poke mobs til ur done without a care in the world.

I still say a lot of people who make this argument are just upset about the equal grounds. They miss fighting with an advantage. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

and i say the people who are against my argument like being handfed exp without any effort.

"This has to be the most ridiculous argument on these forums."

"Your argument is that, because people are all level 90 instead of a select few being level 90 and the rest being level 60 and under, absolutely helpless against the red lvl 90s' attacks, everyone has stopped PVPing."

"TF kind of argument is that?"

The above was quoted from you.

I responded in the manner i did because of your hostile reply/ inability to comprehend my argument.

And yes pvp is dead on this server, and everyone knows it. You use the high lvl vs low level argument like it's valid, which it isnt, since everybody on the server went through getting pked several times a day while questing. Then all these free exp events/quests came out then the server died.

Id love to pvp people my level at harshlands but nobody grinds there except when theres a 2x exp/drop event going on (because dailies/hyper frost gives more exp).
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    even in a PVP server, people have these same needs. so the mobs stay.

if you want a game without mobs, go build your own, open it to the public and have fun.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2010

if you want a game without mobs, go build your own, open it to the public and have fun.

THE POINT:
    Nobody is killing mobs cause they are all in instances.
    because they are all in instances, pk is impossible.

OP was using a technique called "sarcasm" to make his point.

OP would like the mobs to stay, and for there to be a reason for them to stay.

Because its so easy to get xp without going into the map to kill mobs, pk has suffered.

Somebody responded "you can still pk at west gate, hidden orchid and secret passage" i wonder why that guy is on a pvp server, you can do the same thing on any pve server, thats where 90% of the pk happens here.

while a couple more people still do quests on pve servers 70+, its far far less than it used to be. and grinding w/o quests just for grinding's sake, is all but dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well, I guess it's a sign of the times. during the late 90's grinding in any game was acceptable and tolerable. But now a days people don't have time for it.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2010

THE POINT:
    Nobody is killing mobs cause they are all in instances.
    because they are all in instances, pk is impossible.

OP was using a technique called "sarcasm" to make his point.

OP would like the mobs to stay, and for there to be a reason for them to stay.

Because its so easy to get xp without going into the map to kill mobs, pk has suffered.

Somebody responded "you can still pk at west gate, hidden orchid and secret passage" i wonder why that guy is on a pvp server, you can do the same thing on any pve server, thats where 90% of the pk happens here.

while a couple more people still do quests on pve servers 70+, its far far less than it used to be. and grinding w/o quests just for grinding's sake, is all but dead.

^ that person understood this thread 120% b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010

I still do normal quests and I'm grinding just to grind right now. No quests to kill these monsters I'm just doing it. Getting my exp from Bewitching Beauties. Don't say normal grinding is dead.b:surrender
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited June 2010
    I have a few suggestion's to fix this problem..

~ Make BH's 1 per day (like how it use to be) so everyone won't just be spamming BH's all day everyday until they hit 9x.

~ Increase the rewards given from doing normal quest to influence more people to start grinding.

~ Increase the DQ drops by 2x or, make the DQ drops normal priced, OR make the DQ drops normal priced and have 2x drops.

~ Get rid of Oracles, Hypers, and Packs completely.

Those are only a few suggestions I can think of atm but this should help influence people to quest more often than just being in bhs all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Awesome FoxRunning, couldn't of said it better myself. Also I and Zoe play the old way, who cares if others LVL the easy way. Better to do it with a challenge from grinding, quest, AOEs in grining / TT with a boss in between. We old players know how the game was running.

I'm all for the game before genies. It was definitely better play the game without them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mobs? I haven't seen any, but do they have pitchforks and torches? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    I have a few suggestion's to fix this problem..

~ Make BH's 1 per day (like how it use to be) so everyone won't just be spamming BH's all day everyday until they hit 9x.

~ Increase the rewards given from doing normal quest to influence more people to start grinding.

~ Increase the DQ drops by 2x or, make the DQ drops normal priced, OR make the DQ drops normal priced and have 2x drops.

~ Get rid of Oracles, Hypers, and Packs completely.

Those are only a few suggestions I can think of atm but this should help influence people to quest more often than just being in bhs all day.

Sorry for double post but it would be a wall of text b:sweat

BHs should be removed, period. Either that or nerf BH reward while doing it in the right LVL instances and there SHOULD be a LVL brackets like rebirths.

Forget the DQ, drop rate should be back to normal. I am sick of killing 30 mobs and only getting 1 crafting mat for it, while it gets worse as you level more. It discouraged me to even LVL up even more

Oracles are fine was it is before when it was a find as random drop (should be very low chance). Again, I give oracle people more credit who would use the right LVL oracles than a BH person. I seen people cheat oracles more than doing BH (getting help with heals) and yes, they have a harder time doing oracles than BH. So I picked on some oracle mobs w/o quest. BH mobs were easier by far and the BH boss seems to be easier than oracle mobs.

BHs and hypers with FC made people get power leveled too fast, oracles is not even really bothered. We need level brackets for most things. That includes TTs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Oracles are fine was it is before when it was a find as random drop (should be very low chance). Again, I give oracle people more credit who would use the right LVL oracles than a BH person. I seen people cheat oracles more than doing BH (getting help with heals) and yes, they have a harder time doing oracles than BH. So I picked on some oracle mobs w/o quest. BH mobs were easier by far and the BH boss seems to be easier than oracle mobs.

Please reconsider. BH69 is most certainly not easier than oracle mobs...any of them or all. Polearm is NOT soloable by a level 69 anyone, [even with charms], while oracle mobs can be done on level with some pots or charms or whatever. BH is also meant to be a squad activity, so I don't quite get why you are comparing the two....
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Please reconsider. BH69 is most certainly not easier than oracle mobs...any of them or all. Polearm is NOT soloable by a level 69 anyone, [even with charms], while oracle mobs can be done on level with some pots or charms or whatever. BH is also meant to be a squad activity, so I don't quite get why you are comparing the two....

it's the first time you meet yulk, isnt it?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010

I heard he debuffs, what's the best thing to fix that? purify. Watch your squad members. If you have a barb along, he should use invoke whenever he gets debuffed and not purified yet.

Jewels was a nasty boss I faced. Because he debuffed me and the cleric only used IH, IH can't keep up when your debuffed. You have to purify ASAP (I hope you maxed best available) then polearm should not be that much of a problem. Otherwise, GL trying to survive without purifying fast enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Lessein - Sanctuary
    Lessein - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I completely agree with this thread, exp is so easy to get now - questing becomes almost a waste of time. So people have, maybe not stopped, but definitely don't do it as much as before.
    I stopped playing for a while, but I came back an rolled a barb... in areas where there used to be tonnes of people questing for me to talk to/ and work with, there are generally nothing but mat farmers now...
    I needed some bosses, my barb is in a fairly low level faction at the moment, they wouldn't be able to help - so I went to the bosses like I would have used to, to see if there were any other squads that I could tag along with - I went... I waited for a while, and NOBODY came at all.

People do not quest nearly as much as they used to, Bh's TB quests and all the rest of it - has made questing pointless - and now all i see in the game is hoards of players that level for the sake of leveling and when it comes down to it - don't actually want to have any fun!
    Wheres the fun in having a level 100 solo a BH for you?!? trying out new ideas, or running into a big group of mobs even though you know youre going to die... It's a game after all!
    Generally the kinds of people that are still playing PW generally just want easy exp to get to the next level so they can do it all over again.
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for double post but it would be a wall of text b:sweat

BHs should be removed, period. Either that or nerf BH reward while doing it in the right LVL instances and there SHOULD be a LVL brackets like rebirths.

Forget the DQ, drop rate should be back to normal. I am sick of killing 30 mobs and only getting 1 crafting mat for it, while it gets worse as you level more. It discouraged me to even LVL up even more

BHs and hypers with FC made people get power leveled too fast, oracles is not even really bothered. We need level brackets for most things. That includes TTs

You are quite wrong, BH's are not worst than Oracles since a BH person has a bit of experience in a squad compared to a oracle noob who has no experience in anything but just spamming skills to kill mobs.

I think BH's are alright if it was only 1 a day. IMO

FC is good since its for higher lvl people but Hypers are just another type of oracle that is not necessary.

Also I don't think brackets are not necessary... ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I heard he debuffs, what's the best thing to fix that? purify. Watch your squad members. If you have a barb along, he should use invoke whenever he gets debuffed and not purified yet.

Jewels was a nasty boss I faced. Because he debuffed me and the cleric only used IH, IH can't keep up when your debuffed. You have to purify ASAP (I hope you maxed best available) then polearm should not be that much of a problem. Otherwise, GL trying to survive without purifying fast enough.

Eh, I have fought and solo healed for Polearm many many many times, and I was well into 8x when BH came out. So I'm familiar with purify of course. It's also quite easy for lower leveled barbs who are tanking to drop MASSIVELY in health with the debuff--also BMs, who can only stand a hit or two before dying under the debuff, making interrupts or purify a bit more challenging to time. Regardless.

My point was, you shouldn't compare squad difficulty with solo difficulty [comparing BHs with Oracles] but if we are to look at the strength of the boss vs strength of oracle mobs for soloers, BH is much more difficult. And if we are to look at a squad killing a BH boss vs a squad killing oracle mobs, once again BH presents the more difficult challenge.

But this is off topic in the first place, so I will let it rest there.

I quite miss world map questing, and increased activity levels outside of instances. But then again, that's one of the reasons I rarely play anymore.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mobs? I haven't seen any, but do they have pitchforks and torches? b:puzzled

When did you come back?

And did you go off and level again? b:angry