[Promotion] Facebook Connect - Receive Jones' Blessing!

Options

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's why I don't PK, and never will, nor will ever enter PK mode.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Would have been nice if you had a choice between atk or defense blessing.. but ya know... b:shutup
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    In TW?

Mages > the rest

Oh yeah, I know that. Just imagine +10 claws at 5aps doing Nirvana or 3-3. It's pretty amazing.

b:pleased

PvP and PvE are completely broken now.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This might have been a nice fun, game breaking temporary thing, but now it is a hugely game breaking indefinite end thing. Which turns it into an absurd issue. Those who want to have any chance of competing must get the blessing, and as many as possible...and those who choose not to get have no chance in PvP [+barbs holding aggro in PvE, defense in TW etc].

I guess what bothers me most is it's only "earned" through an external game promotion. A warsoul weapon has +50 attack level. You can obtain over half that attack bonus simply by participating in a free advertising scheme. Something seems wrong here.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This might have been a nice fun, game breaking temporary thing, but now it is a hugely game breaking indefinite end thing. Which turns it into an absurd issue. Those who want to have any chance of competing must get the blessing, and as many as possible...and those who choose not to get have no chance in PvP [+barbs holding aggro in PvE, defense in TW etc].

I guess what bothers me most is it's only "earned" through an external game promotion. A warsoul weapon has +50 attack level. You can obtain over half that attack bonus simply by participating in a free advertising scheme. Something seems wrong here.

Yeah, to me as a defender of much of what PWI actually does... pretty much shows they don't give a **** about the game anymore. I'm sure even PW-CN cares more about PW than PWI does.
  • RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I forget how much the maximum capacity of a mailbox is...but if its over 24 mail items you could potential stack up 6 months of blessings.....YAY for half a year of pvp turning into who one shots who first. I am pretty sure the intentions of this was to help them out with advertising + help us out with the blessings, but atm all I see is people spamming this to fill up their mailboxes with blessings, then deleting said advertising off their facebooks....so really this accomplishes nothing but overpowering everyone for the next half a year or worse depending how long this goes on for.
  • Sedah - Harshlands
    Sedah - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't have any confirmation about my Facebook account:( so i'm waitinb:shocked
  • _Mircea_ - Heavens Tear
    _Mircea_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    tnx for the blessing^^b:victory
  • Aradorn - Harshlands
    Aradorn - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol today I have decided to quit the game, and seems to me I got perfect timing.
    This game is keep going down, thats actually sad.
    At least PWE will know they lost a player who not gonna play they other games.
    Ba-bye PWI, its WAS fun.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol today I have decided to quit the game, and seems to me I got perfect timing.
    This game is keep going down, thats actually sad.
    At least PWE will know they lost a player who not gonna play they other games.
    Ba-bye PWI, its WAS fun.
    pm me your account info b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • heliosdjk
    heliosdjk Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Tried everything getting the same problem as other's when i allowed it to connect to my facebook im getting a quick loading screen then it shuts the window down.No server select of character select screen.

Come on PWI get this fixed so we can all join in the fun.Just make's the game boring for us that cant recieve the item.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I forget how much the maximum capacity of a mailbox is...but if its over 24 mail items you could potential stack up 6 months of blessings.....YAY for half a year of pvp turning into who one shots who first. I am pretty sure the intentions of this was to help them out with advertising + help us out with the blessings, but atm all I see is people spamming this to fill up their mailboxes with blessings, then deleting said advertising off their facebooks....so really this accomplishes nothing but overpowering everyone for the next half a year or worse depending how long this goes on for.

System mails can be infinite. Of course, you'll never be able to get player mails ever again. But you can always put it in an alt and use account stash to use them.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Finally got it... i had to use another FB account b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The fact that you can stack these blessings is sooooo wrong. -.-

You can just make an alt and stored them on it to retrieve later with account stash.

Soooo fix the blessings to where they aren't account stashable?

but still....its bad. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ahahaha oh my this game is terrible.

Cash shop for the win and now facebook?
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • volst
    edited June 2010
    Options
    4 months worth of +30 attack levels now. b:sin
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, to me as a defender of much of what PWI actually does... pretty much shows they don't give a **** about the game anymore. I'm sure even PW-CN cares more about PW than PWI does.

Welcome to the club ROFL
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    System mails can be infinite. Of course, you'll never be able to get player mails ever again. But you can always put it in an alt and use account stash to use them.

you kidding me? you do know you can make an alt on the same account, and stack up the mails there and get an account stash stone and you will be set for an infinite amount of years... as long as you had isn't tired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you kidding me? you do know you can make an alt on the same account, and stack up the mails there and get an account stash stone and you will be set for an infinite amount of years... as long as you had isn't tired.
    you a moron? That's exactly what I said.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    you a moron? That's exactly what I said.

ROFL, i quoted the wrong one -.-' and sorry half dead already when i replied :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just for discussion sake and this is purely fictional.

Staff 1 : New games are coming up. We're going to need more bandwidth so when are we going to increase it?

Staff 2 : Nah we don't have to do that. Just implement enough silly stuffs that will make the players of the existing games rage quit and move to the new ones. Voila! more bandwidth to allocate for the new games.

Staff 3 : Yep, they're already milked for what they're worth and squeezed dry. They're going to wise up if we keep putting in more new cash stuffs cos majority of them won't be able to afford it anymore. Most of the ones who spent a lot have already got to level 100s and now have the abilities to farm in game coins instead. With the new games, that's a totally new way to milk them cash cows and **** them over again.

Nota Bene : Above scenario is not based on any persons or companies in real life. If any similarities are found, it is purely coincidental.

Just like charm pack sales and jones blessings together on the same week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Uhm, i dont get it...

First you added blessings into instances, then from nowhere decided to remove them on the latest patch, and now they're giving blessings away from doing PWI a mass amount of advertisement around facebook?. . . seriously?. . .
    b:sad
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just for discussion sake and this is purely fictional.

Staff 1 : New games are coming up. We're going to need more bandwidth so when are we going to increase it?

Staff 2 : Nah we don't have to do that. Just implement enough silly stuffs that will make the players of the existing games rage quit and move to the new ones. Voila! more bandwidth to allocate for the new games.

Staff 3 : Yep, they're already milked for what they're worth and squeezed dry. They're going to wise up if we keep putting in more new cash stuffs cos majority of them won't be able to afford it anymore. Most of the ones who spent a lot have already got to level 100s and now have the abilities to farm in game coins instead. With the new games, that's a totally new way to milk them cash cows and **** them over again.

Nota Bene : Above scenario is not based on any persons or companies in real life. If any similarities are found, it is purely coincidental.

LOL That sounds so right to me. PW gaming industry model is basically based on the creation and innovation of new games. It's the opposite of the the game that is intended for a life-long duration, probably 20 years+. The model they've adopted suits a free-to-play version, while the later suits a pay-to-play version e.g. WoW. From players' point of view they are evils. From business point of view, they are doing what has to be done.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Question for those of us who don't wanna be social outcasts:

It says it'll post something on your wall about PW. That's all it does? Doesn't send stupid invites to your entire friend's list?

Can you delete the post immediately after it's posted?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Staff 2 : Nah we don't have to do that. Just implement enough silly stuffs that will make the non-paying players of the existing games rage quit and move to the new ones. Voila! more bandwidth to allocate for the new games.

Perfected. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Uhm, i dont get it...

First you added blessings into instances, then from nowhere decided to remove them on the latest patch, and now they're giving blessings away from doing PWI a mass amount of advertisement around facebook?. . . seriously?. . .
    b:sad

marketing..

voluntary, but under compulsion b:chuckle you gonna add them to facebook because you miss old blessing and new one is really nice bonus (especially with time limited dungeons now).

it s bit like guy who would tell u he gonna break ur legs, but if u help him with something he will pay u 100k $. You are 'double' happy after.

it s bit risky tho, ppl dont like when u make fools from them, and may hate company. But pwe know what they are doing i guess.
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    These blessings are also available out of instance. If that wasn't the most un-thought out decision I don't know what is.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    These blessings are also available out of instance. If that wasn't the most un-thought out decision I don't know what is.

What is even more idiotic on behalf of PWI is that they're pretty much permanent.

Ehee gush crit 18k on a lvl 101 BM with over 15k hp during TW last night. Tell me that's not broken.

PWI Management said *** game balance, we'll make tons off charms. ****.
  • _LiVe_eViL_ - Sanctuary
    _LiVe_eViL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What is even more idiotic on behalf of PWI is that they're pretty much permanent.

Ehee gush crit 18k on a lvl 101 BM with over 15k hp during TW last night. Tell me that's not broken.

PWI Management said *** game balance, we'll make tons off charms. ****.

Yeah, its a bit crazy. I got about 6 months worth of blessings in 3 days and if this keeps going pvp damage is pretty much shot. It gave everyone basically a mini warsoul weapon. Would of been better to limit one blessing per week instead of 8 per facebook account per day. It makes me feel like i'd just be wasting real life time farming or money to bolster my defenses when it doesn't even matter anymore cause it will be blown to smithereens by some facebook event for the next year+ probably. Guess its time to shard DoD like a crazy man.

PW can take away all my extra blessings for all i care as long as everyone's extras are also gone.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, its a bit crazy. I got about 6 months worth of blessings in 3 days and if this keeps going pvp damage is pretty much shot. It gave everyone basically a mini warsoul weapon. Would of been better to limit one blessing per week instead of 8 per facebook account per day. It makes me feel like i'd just be wasting real life time farming or money to bolster my defenses when it doesn't even matter anymore cause it will be blown to smithereens by some facebook event for the next year+ probably. Guess its time to shard DoD like a crazy man.

PW can take away all my extra blessings for all i care as long as everyone's extras are also gone.

this is exactly whats wrong with it. pwi is most likely not going to keep this going forever, and by the time it does end.. people are going to have 7 storage alts on one account and have a full mailbox of blessings on each.. how many months of +30% does that add up to? after the thing ends? and then that gives those who have their characters that they play on the same account are going to be at a disadvantage bcuz all those bless boxes need to be shared across several chars and not just dumped into one.
This discussion has been closed.