Delta archer (Genie skills)

Absoluth - Heavens Tear
Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Archer
I've done dozens of deltas and i was just wondering if there was any genie skill that would help me improve on this particular game event (not really an event, but whatever...). I dont use charms, and there isnt really any need. 1st stage you get by with event mana pots and at stage 9 you can maneuver quite well with event hp pots and maybe apot/wingspan if something gets out of hand. Of course, rebirth isnt just about you, which brings me to my question: What are the best genie skills an archer can bring to delta to better assis squad?

Atm i use:
1 - Tangling mire - Dont use too often as most of the times it isnt needed, but sometimes you need that extra dmg to clear a wave faster before it ends up stacking. I like this mainly on stun waves. Random people always say "Worry about defensive genie skills and anti-stun". I myself rather go for the quicker kill, and pretty much every sq i go with appreciates. So obviously ill stick to what works.
2 - Expel - To be honest, i never used this. I got it only cuz most of the wizes i went with complained i never had this skill and it helps them not get *****. Whenever i remember to use this, the hard part is already over and theres no need to use it anymore. Its like, the wave comes on them, they use expel, we DD most weak/normal mobs, and then when it would be my turn to expel wiz, the situation is already handled and its not necessary anymore. Ill keep it just to make wizes feel safe and if for some reason something goes wrong.

So thats 2 skills. My current genie can hold 5 (its a zeal, so thats 1 less slot). What 2 other skills would be useful in delta? Are ToP or 2nd wind even handy in there?

Any sugestions on skills or even stat distributions are appreciated :)
PWI:
"Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Absoluth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Diancecht - Harshlands
    Diancecht - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Second Wind is ok at lower levels, but the heal just isn't big enough by the time your start doing GV. At that point, Tree of Protection can help if things start looking bad, like the cleric is stunned, etc.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Here's my suggestion of delta genie skills in order of usefulness

Chi Siphon / Cloud Eruption - Helps get chi to open barrage
    Frenzy - adds damage to barrage to help clear mobs faster
    Earthquake - can be used to give you some breathing room
    Holy Path - for collecting beans faster
    Fortify - a bit of anti stun for stages 3 and 9
    Tree of Prot - for when you are taking too much heat

Really tho at 100 delta should be getting pretty easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Absoluth - Heavens Tear
    Absoluth - Heavens Tear Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    K. Thanks for the tips. I didnt say it was hard...not for me at least (or archers as a whole). Was just wondering what other genie skills would be usefull in there, mainly to keep the squad up and running on tough parts like stage 9. Basically to make the run easier for everyone else.
    PWI:
    "Free to play. Pay to win"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Here's my suggestion of delta genie skills in order of usefulness

Chi Siphon / Cloud Eruption - Helps get chi to open barrage .
    Personal note: I really don't like Chi Syphon for archer because of the distance limitation; in delta with a bunch of mobs around you this would be no problem, but if you're making a sort of all around genie... meh.

I like EXPEL to use on wizes since some don't know when it's a good idea to stop db even after all the melee mobs are on them... Some times on cleric too if I end up being too slow getting archers. Today we were doing bh delta & other archer ended up being expelled cause or too strong atks & barb/bm weren't able to keep mobs of him.
    b:cute + if you don't use it in delta it will always come in handy to rob WBs or rank down those annoying 5/atk rate DDs at nein event ^.^

Some get Absolute Domain, but.. most of the time my genie ends up in cooldown from another skill & I'm not able to use AD

Here's an advice, DO NOT GET Phoenix Dance... while the skill might be sort of good & look nice it lags everyone soooo bad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrianFields - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    For Wave 1 to 3

1> HolyPath

2> Tangling Mire.

3> Cloud Eruption.

For Wave 3 - 9

1> Tree of Protection

2> Expel

3> Absolute Domain - very important skill when cleric drops BB in wave 3 & 9, it allows the entire squad to live until the cleric turn on BB again in few sec.

4> Tangling Mire.