So why are there mobs?

Bowlinbob - Lost City
Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I was doing wq and I kept noticing these little monsters running around. What's the point of them? Is their only reason for existence to irritate mat farmers?

Reason of thread- Due to the high ammount of give away exp, such as Cube, Hyperstone, BH, there isnt a need for mobs anymore. Let's not kid ourselves, the reason why pvp is dead on pvp servers is because there's no one questing after level 40-50. Everyone is safely in sz or in instances. Quests give meaningless exp/rewards for anyone to do them instead of alternatives.

To Devs/GMs: update quest rewards to get some more "fun" into the game, instead of having all the players mindlessly leveling to 100 then quitting the game.
Post edited by Bowlinbob - Lost City on

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Uh, remove mobs?

No. We need wicked pirates for Oracle II spamming.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    As long as they leave the spiders for me to play with :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Uh, remove mobs?

No. We need wicked pirates for Oracle II spamming.

True.

In any case, the dailies are limited. Once you're done with them, you either sit around and do nothing or go quest. The exp sucks but some is better than none and they give rep which is always lacking.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    True.

In any case, the dailies are limited. Once you're done with them, you either sit around and do nothing or go quest. The exp sucks but some is better than none and they give rep which is always lacking.

after dailies most people either log or get gv/frost parties. Or hop to their alt to do their daily <_<.

I still say something needs to be done to pursue people to get out of sz to quest.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Imo I think all mobs should be bigger and more epic looking. Alow mobs to talk trash and make them less predictable. Also alow em to drop warsoul mats.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Partypooper - Harshlands
    Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Imo I think all mobs should be bigger and more epic looking. Alow mobs to talk trash and make them less predictable. Also alow em to drop warsoul mats.
    >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
    Vote for Onions!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Mobs already "trash talk" although it's pretty rare. I've had a mob or too tell me that I'm never going to do something or...

... well okay it's not exactly trash talking, but they still yell at people with their poor grammar. D=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mobs already "trash talk" although it's pretty rare. I've had a mob or too tell me that I'm never going to do something or...

... well okay it's not exactly trash talking, but they still yell at people with their poor grammar. D=

Yeah, they have random quotes, it's damn funny.
    Examples of such are 'give in, weak one!' or 'you'll never defeat me!' when they are kicking the bucket.
    I wish the frequency of those idiotic lines was a bit higher. Maybe to camouflage the poor level of quality of daily world chat. b:sin
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, they have random quotes, it's damn funny.
    Examples of such are 'give in, weak one!' or 'you'll never defeat me!' when they are kicking the bucket.
    I wish the frequency of those idiotic lines was a bit higher. Maybe to camouflage the poor level of quality of daily world chat. b:sin
    That totally weirded me out the first time I saw it. I was like, "Did that computer generated monster just TALK to me??" I wish it would happen more often as well ... just for the lulz.

On topic: Mobs are for people who can't afford to buy all of their xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There should be one area... about the size of west arch outskirts... with a bunch of pilliars. At the pilliar you can select what mob you want to spawn, and how many at a time, and a total number of them. That way if you want to kill them one by one, or aoe them in groups of 5 or 10 at a time, they'll spawn in the manner you choose. And, it would be nice because then you wouldn't actually have to keep track of how many more you needed to kill on that really difficult to use quest finder displayer thingee that makes my head spin.

You should be able to insert a hyper stone at the pilliar, so they automatically give 2x,5x or 12x the normal experience and the timer would only start when the mobs have 1/10 of their life left and then turn off immediately after they die. Also being able to pause the mob spawn so you can go to the bathroom or whatever would be nice.

That way you can kill all your quest mobs at one easy location, without wasting time flying to the old place you would actually have to find these mobs and kill them where they roam! Think of how barbaric that is!!1!

And, you should also be able to buy pots and repair from these pilliars too, as well as sell the DQ and equipment drops. Oh, you should also be allowed to use a hyper to increase the drop rates to 10x, 20x, or 50x, so that doing your quest mobs is 'worthwhile'.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    There should be one area... about the size of west arch outskirts... with a bunch of pilliars. At the pilliar you can select what mob you want to spawn, and how many at a time, and a total number of them. That way if you want to kill them one by one, or aoe them in groups of 5 or 10 at a time, they'll spawn in the manner you choose. And, it would be nice because then you wouldn't actually have to keep track of how many more you needed to kill on that really difficult to use quest finder displayer thingee that makes my head spin.

You should be able to insert a hyper stone at the pilliar, so they automatically give 2x,5x or 12x the normal experience and the timer would only start when the mobs have 1/10 of their life left and then turn off immediately after they die. Also being able to pause the mob spawn so you can go to the bathroom or whatever would be nice.

That way you can kill all your quest mobs at one easy location, without wasting time flying to the old place you would actually have to find these mobs and kill them where they roam! Think of how barbaric that is!!1!

And, you should also be able to buy pots and repair from these pilliars too, as well as sell the DQ and equipment drops. Oh, you should also be allowed to use a hyper to increase the drop rates to 10x, 20x, or 50x, so that doing your quest mobs is 'worthwhile'.

There should be this instance, that has multiple rooms and plenty of bosses and some mobs too. Those bosses would be pretty hard to kill, but would drop some valuable items. Those valuable items coulb be sold to people who can't farm that instance themselves, allowing the instance farmers to make millions of coins fast. 2x drops should take effect there too.

b:scorn
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I believe some players still kill those things called monsters to get DQ items and crafting mats to sell.

Also they do talk sometimes, i like how those little skeletons on Nightscream Island sais "Come join us" its cute b:cute
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010

You just want a place to find people to PK outside of safezone. Considering what happens to every heavily gathered area for PvE purposes (PQ, SP, etc) there will be outcries after first PKs & it'll become a bannable offense.

p.s. Yes i did sense the sarcasm of your post, ie. quests made easy mode too like the rest of the game.
    edited June 2010
    You just want a place to find people to PK outside of safezone. Considering what happens to every heavily gathered area for PvE purposes (PQ, SP, etc) there will be outcries after first PKs & it'll become a bannable offense.

Actually I hadn't thought about it. i'm mostly carebear. lol b:surrender
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    True.

Some of us barely have time to do all the dailies.

But on the weekends I like to grind out quests. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    i keep flying around looking for peeps and I dun see anyone at my old grind spots <.>, the one i did see told me theyd report me for killing em over and over.

Not much I can do since no one else is out of sz <_<

@Michael, i think ur being sarcastic with ur suggestion, not sure <_< but i wasnt serious about removing mobs, just want there to be some incentive to leave sz so we can start pvping again in random places other than West Arch.
    edited June 2010

p.s. Yes i did sense the sarcasm of your post, ie. quests made easy mode too like the rest of the game.

I think you're also not realizing that the thread op. also wants to do that.

And anyone who says that people are "safe" in szs are basically wanting the same.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I think you're also not realizing that the thread op. also wants to do that.

And anyone who says that people are "safe" in szs are basically wanting the same.

Yeah but the OP doesnt realize that the people who like to PK everyone are what made others not want to go outside of safezones. Their fun is others annoyance, and who wants to be annoyed while gaming to relax? PvP seems to be alot of hypocrasy, they want the freedom to kill those they can kill, but be held safe from those who'd kill them, yet the irony of that situation eludes many PKers.
    edited June 2010
    Yeah but the OP doesnt realize that the people who like to PK everyone are what made others not want to go outside of safezones. Their fun is others annoyance, and who wants to be annoyed while gaming to relax? PvP seems to be alot of hypocrasy, they want the freedom to kill those they can kill, but be held safe from those who'd kill them, yet the irony of that situation eludes many PKers.

Seriously, it's why I stay out of PK Mode, PK servers, and PK altogether.

• Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Roll PvE or roll PvP. that's the choice people have to make. They don't want to engage in random player to player killing activity? either stay outside of PK mode or roll PvE server. Want to have random action? Roll PvP server where everything is outside safezone except instances. That would make the game EPIC
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
    edited June 2010

Sorry, the game lacks any adrenaline or any thrill of being randomly attacked or the competitiveness of open map PvP.

I've never been an RPKer, but some of my best thrills were having to quest in Secret Passage or going to Heaven's Tear to complete or turn in a quest all the while trying to cleverly avoid being killed, or sometimes when being attacked, fight back and sometimes even win. That was when I was a lowbie. Even now, some of the best fun is guild vs. guild open map group PvP. That's something you can't and won't experience on a PvE server. Not lowbies ganking lowbies, but high levels fighting each other because they WANT to. Obviously you fail to realize that many people do like fighting each other, and it's not about some high level ganking random lowbies over and over... and judging by your uninformed comments, you're pretty oblivious to this fact.

Sorry, this is a game. If you're 'afraid' of dying or being PK'd, that's your choice, you're kinda being a wuss about it. You don't lose exp when killed by another player. I don't see what the problem is. And, if you actually enjoy this game, there's not much left to do once you hit 100 and PvP ends up being a decent share of the 'fun' activities.

Being on a PvE server, you don't really have an idea of what PvP is like on a PvP server, only limited PvP by those who actually are brave or stupid enough to turn off PK protections to be ganked by the uber cash shopped end-gamers. It's not like that on a PvE server, so your disdain for them is pretty much just ignorant nonsense.
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, the game lacks any adrenaline or any thrill of being randomly attacked or the competitiveness of open map PvP.

I've never been an RPKer, but some of my best thrills were having to quest in Secret Passage or going to Heaven's Tear to complete or turn in a quest all the while trying to cleverly avoid being killed, or sometimes when being attacked, fight back and sometimes even win.

Sorry, this is a game. If you're 'afraid' of dying or being PK'd, that's your choice, you're kinda being a wuss about it. You don't lose exp when killed by another player. I don't see what the problem is. And, if you actually enjoy this game, there's not much left to do once you hit 100 and PvP ends up being a decent share of the 'fun' activities.

Being on a PvE server, you don't really have an idea of what PvP is like on a PvP server, only limited PvP by those who actually are brave or stupid enough to turn off PK protections to be ganked by the uber cash shopped end-gamers. It's not like that on a PvE server, so your disdain for them is pretty much just ignorant nonsense.

Ok.

/10chars

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Well, I have played on LC. I have watched the West Arch gate PK action and I gotta say it's mostly either empty or full of 'look-at-me-mum-I'm-in-ThaClick-and-I-can-kill-noobs' people. That or epic battles between Spec and Essence.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited June 2010
    Ok.

/10chars

What happened to your banner? Read something like 'you won't see me until you're dead' or some ****. And you don't PvP. So you kiss and kill hairy stinky creatures? lol

Well, I have played on LC. I have watched the West Arch gate PK action and I gotta say it's mostly either empty or full of 'look-at-me-mum-I'm-in-ThaClick-and-I-can-kill-noobs' people. That or epic battles between Spec and Essence.

Yeah, well west gate is hardly representative of PvP or RPK. That's where people are bored, hanging out and want to fight some. There's some RPK going on there, for people who are specifically looking for it.
    edited June 2010
    What happened to your banner? Read something like 'you won't see me until you're dead' or some ****. And you don't PvP. So you kiss and kill hairy stinky creatures? lol

*sigh*

/10chars

edited June 2010
    *sigh*

/10chars

*yawn*

you're boring.

asdf
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Right now I'm fighting the good fight. I still prefer questing over straight grinding and instances(I haven't got there fully yet..but I have small tastes of it) just..not a lot of quests >.< in my lvl range. Don't say spam oracles either.

I come on, do my daily and grind on mobs til a certain percent and cap the rest off with any quest I've been saving up.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I believe some players still kill those things called monsters to get DQ items and crafting mats to sell.

Also they do talk sometimes, i like how those little skeletons on Nightscream Island sais "Come join us" its cute b:cute

Me tried joining them.
    b:surrender
    didn't work out too well.
    x.x
    stock-photo-closeup-x-ray-of-a-male-skeleton-with-a-hamster-running-in-a-wheel-in-his-head-for-the-concept-of-3019241.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't see a lot of DQ drops much now.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't see a lot of DQ drops much now.

Me never really saw much to begin with.
    and they don't really provide that much monies anyway.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]