Ornaments dillema

ergfg56h556h56h
ergfg56h556h56h Posts: 40 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Archer
Hello guys

I desperately seek advice from more experienced archers regarding tt99 ornaments.

Thing is, if I get 2 evasion ornaments the the bonus I receive will be 3 % crit.

If i get 2 psyh def ornaments I get 0,05 intervalinsread..

So wtf Iam supposed to choose?

Psyh def>evasion, not mentioning magic defence i will be lacking without magic ornaments..

How you high level archers handle this dillema?
Post edited by ergfg56h556h56h on

Comments

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You can play with PWI calculator to see what you get with each set.

Um... the choice depends on how you building your toon. I was stacking & love -int b:dirty So there was no question for me which ornaments I'd go for.

If you worried about surviving maybe neither of those are good for you. You could look at other options like cubeneck/warsong belt/etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Currently I wear elemental ornaments... but you could easily swap them out for physical depending on the situation. (I should really get a Sky Demon's Pearl... <_>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited June 2010
    So you guys suggest gettingt 2 sets of ornaments phys and mag ..

Damni ts gonna be hell of TT runsb:cry
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    just go with 2 tt99 pdef ornaments for interval, that's what most archers go for anyways. pdef is more important than mdef imo. don't see many archers using magic attacks, only on bm, barbs etc, since it's too slow. that extra interval + pdef would be greater than the extra mdef.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if your that worried about your mag def then you can alway throw a few saphires in your gear if you do 50/50 citrines saphires in your gear and refine all your rings and addorns you can keep your phys and mag def relatively close
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited June 2010
    thank you guys for your answers..

Im going to farm mats for psyh ornaments right now b:laugh
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So you guys suggest gettingt 2 sets of ornaments phys and mag ..

Damni ts gonna be hell of TT runsb:cry
    No... I'm saying look at the options... & not just the TT99 ornaments... & then choose what would fit your gameplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IMO I would always choose -interval to 3% crit since in the end no matter how much crit boosting equip you get its still just a chance. However -interval gear will guarantee an increased attack rate with every shot.

I prioritize as follows:-

-interval > +phy attack / crit% > +HP / pdef / MDEF > + evasion

Since am more a PVE person and dont really TW/PK/Duel/etc MDEF comes off as almost as important as PDEF since am more than often being hit by DoTs or ranged magic attacks
  • Cavalieri - Sanctuary
    Cavalieri - Sanctuary Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Get tt99 pdef for interval and combine it with a set of nice OHT elemental ornaments (HP/dex/vit) to switch to in case u really need mag def.
    If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
    And you've not been hit by flying lead
    You'd better close your eyes and bow your head
    And wait for the ricochet.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Hello guys

I desperately seek advice from more experienced archers regarding tt99 ornaments.

Thing is, if I get 2 evasion ornaments the the bonus I receive will be 3 % crit.

If i get 2 psyh def ornaments I get 0,05 intervalinsread..

My question is - how many TT99 pieces do you currently own? I am not sure if you understand the TT99 bonus requirements.

Wearing 2 pieces gives Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    Wearing 4 gives Vitality +15
    Wearing 6 gives Critical Hit Rate +3%

It can be a combination of armor piece and ornament piece, but you cannot mix and match the pieces of equipments from the other set. (i.e LA, HA, and AR sets)

If you already have all 4 pieces of the armor, then the physical ornaments over the evasion and miss out on the +3% crit bonus. Generally, the physical defense serves you better. It's better to endure a bit more physical damage to stay alive and deal more damage than to risk it with evasion and crits. I'm not sure what demon skills you currently have, but demon stun and STA also gives a temporary crit buff if crit is what you are after.

In addition, most eg archers do stack interval gears and wield fists, so the physical defense will help if you get aggro on bosses in pve. And in pvp, it gives you a bit more defense for dealing with stealth sins.

My recommendation is if you already have 2 TT99 armor pieces giving you the - interval already, then it's better to look for other physical ornaments for a cheaper price and will give similar defense.
  • ergfg56h556h56h
    edited June 2010
    My question is - how many TT99 pieces do you currently own? I am not sure if you understand the TT99 bonus requirements.

Wearing 2 pieces gives Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    Wearing 4 gives Vitality +15
    Wearing 6 gives Critical Hit Rate +3%

It can be a combination of armor piece and ornament piece, but you cannot mix and match the pieces of equipments from the other set. (i.e LA, HA, and AR sets)

If you already have all 4 pieces of the armor, then the physical ornaments over the evasion and miss out on the +3% crit bonus. Generally, the physical defense serves you better. It's better to endure a bit more physical damage to stay alive and deal more damage than to risk it with evasion and crits. I'm not sure what demon skills you currently have, but demon stun and STA also gives a temporary crit buff if crit is what you are after.

In addition, most eg archers do stack interval gears and wield fists, so the physical defense will help if you get aggro on bosses in pve. And in pvp, it gives you a bit more defense for dealing with stealth sins.

My recommendation is if you already have 2 TT99 armor pieces giving you the - interval already, then it's better to look for other physical ornaments for a cheaper price and will give similar defense.

Hello
    I got all the demon skills and 2 pieces of tt99 set ( arms and boots).
    After reading your posts Ill definitely go with 2 phy def ornaments and maybe a swindlers necklace for a quick better mag def during TW..

Once more thanks for your replies.