the weakest class on PWI = Assassins

Options

Comments

• ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dont faceplam me with this rubbish combo, u go try kill a chramed lvl100+ barb with tat

So then obviously you aren't complaining that they won't see you coming, so what are you complaining about exactly? You apparently can kill a charmed Barb in, 5-10 seconds did you say? Let's assume you did those combos, you should easily be able to get more than two sparks before the stuns are over, allowing you to to use whichever other stun you haven't used. Both stuns last together a total of 10 seconds, which was your max after all. Seeing as they will both automatically stun, you could also combine Tangling Mire in there just to make sure you kill them within 10 seconds. I wasn't giving you combos to rely on without additions, I assumed you were complaining they would see you coming after spark.

So yes, those combos will work to make sure they can't do anything while you spark. Obviously you have to add a little more, but I guess your intelligence didn't allow you to figure that out? I'm a nice guy, so I'll help you.

Stealth-Shadow Teleport-Wolf Emblem-Demon Spark-Attack-Inner Harmony-Headhunt-finish.

Stealth-Deep Sting-Demon Spark-Inner Harmony-Headhunt-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish.

Stealth-Tackling Slash-Demon Spark-Inner Harmony-Maze Steps-Headhunt-Rising Dragon Strike-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish.

Stealth-Headhunt-Inner Harmony-Demon Spark-Wolf Emblem-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish.

Those should easily allow you to get as many hits as you would in 8 seconds normally. Oh, by the way, just to be clear so you can understand this, you will need to count to know when the stuns are about to expire. I'm just saying, your previous post shows you can't think beyond what a person tells you and fill in the blanks, so I will have to be blunt. Now, if you really can't figure out any other way to add to those that would make them better, don't try to flame, just say "I can't think, what should I do next?" I guess I shouldn't expect more from someone who is complaining because their stealth got nerfed. After all, the complete lack of thought into figuring out other ways to kill Barbs shows you don't know how to win against one without stealth.

Once again, please do let us know if you can't think of ways to kill Barbs without relying on sparking in stealth to do so. I'm sure we will all be more than happy to help you with it.

P.S. I wasn't facepalming you, I was saying you should facepalm yourself. Meh, just wood for the fire though at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this is wat i am complaining: cant kill uber geared chars n charmed lvl100+ barbs

this is my way of killing my target (before patch)

your target has to be not moving. first u move near to your(u r stealthed) target and demon spark near him. this takes 3 seconds before u can execute the next action. next u do an inner harmony n tat takes 1 second to execute, next u do a powerdash. powerdash will take maybe 1 second to channel.

now u can see, i had 3sparked, inner harmonied and channeled my powerdash. that has taken me atleast 5 seconds and the barb is unaware of that and will not react nor run.

and as power dash channels, i quickly push my occult ice button , occult ice n my power dash will land nicely simultaneously. therefore i have a full 6 second to land extreme amount to criticals (+ tangling mire if u want more dmg dealing) tat is powerful enough to surpass the charm ticking and finally kill the charmed barb.

i have been killing highbie barbs for months n not alot of sins in my server has done that.

now after the patch.....

if i use my demon spark, it wll kick me out of stealth, my target will run away n avoid it.

the rule to kill a barb therefore = demon spark (15 sec), powerdash (8sec) and occut ice (6 sec), they should be used simutaneously.

if any portion of your powerdash is landed outside demon spark time, u wont have enough to kill your target. and if your occult ice runs out before your powerdash, your can just simply stun u or run away. and dont tell me to use maze steps, it is a waste of spark and waste another 1 sec to cast.

now im gonna comment on the combo u suggested.

---Stealth-Shadow Teleport-Wolf Emblem-Demon Spark-Attack-Inner Harmony-Headhunt-finish
    >demon sparking will kick u out of stealth, your opponent (if its a tiger formed barb) will see u n run. even if u use occult ice or watever to stop him, u still wont be able to kill em becos its hp is too high.

---Stealth-Deep Sting-Demon Spark-Inner Harmony-Headhunt-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish
    >after the head hunt, u wont be able to use powerdash, normal atack CANNOT kill charmed barbs

---Stealth-Tackling Slash-Demon Spark-Inner Harmony-Maze Steps-Headhunt-Rising Dragon Strike-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish.
    >after u sue tackling slash, the barb is still concious n is able to counter atk, they will just stun u, if yor enemy is lvl 100, they can 1 hit u. u dont have time to innerharmony n do maze step.

---Stealth-Headhunt-Inner Harmony-Demon Spark-Wolf Emblem-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish
    >inner harmony+ demon spark + wolf emblem +atk will take more than 6seconds of your time. your headhunt stun time only last 5 seconds. after the stun, your target can just stun u back n u cant continue with this combo.

all i see in the combos u proposed is just pure inexperience and is not effective if u wanna kill uber geared and high lvl barbs.

tat is all, im just complaining that without being able to spark in stealth, we assassins has lost our ability to kill high lvl high HP charmed barbs.

p/s: my pvp kill is gonna hit 2000 soon, 60% of them are highbie barbarians (i especially love to kill them becos i wanna be known for killing barbs in LC, this patch shattered my dream).
  • Misszoonkauj - Lost City
    Misszoonkauj - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    QQmoar.
    Haha and why are you so concerned about killing barbs?
    If you're the "barb killer" why are you running around killing clerics and archers?
    Hahahaha. xD
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol...
    You're not suppose to be able to kill 100+ charmed well geared barbs if you only have a crappy HH99 +5+6 weapon. No class can do that 1v1. You need a real weapon with high refines if you solo high level barbs.

Did anyone actually think greedy PWI would let sins get away with having horrible refines, no hp-charm and still wreck endgame barbs/BMs and heavy cash shoppers with demon/stealth combo <.<

It was fun while it lasted tho b:chuckle
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Stealth > Deep Sting > 3 spark > inner harmony > headhunt > swing away

while i like that one trawne, I sometimes prefer the jaws approach

Stealth - get about 15 meters from target, just in line of sight - triple - restealth(noncombat)short cooldown guys - and proceed as usual.

Do you lose time in spark? yes
    Do you make an entrance where ppl go b:worried and play the jaws theme in your head?

absofrackinglutely

~ just for the shts and giggles
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    while i like that one trawne, I sometimes prefer the jaws approach

Stealth - get about 15 meters from target, just in line of sight - triple - restealth(noncombat)short cooldown guys - and proceed as usual.

Do you lose time in spark? yes
    Do you make an entrance where ppl go b:worried and play the jaws theme in your head?

absofrackinglutely

~ just for the shts and giggles

hahahha i should make a vid of thatb:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    QQmoar.
    Haha and why are you so concerned about killing barbs?
    If you're the "barb killer" why are you running around killing clerics and archers?
    Hahahaha. xD

barbs r hardest to kill, if i can kill them , i can kill everyone
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol...
    You're not suppose to be able to kill 100+ charmed well geared barbs if you only have a crappy HH99 +5+6 weapon. No class can do that 1v1. You need a real weapon with high refines if you solo high level barbs.

Did anyone actually think greedy PWI would let sins get away with having horrible refines, no hp-charm and still wreck endgame barbs/BMs and heavy cash shoppers with demon/stealth combo <.<

It was fun while it lasted tho b:chuckle

assassins should be pvp based, we SHOULD be made to be able to kill barbs. and we have our weaknesses, i.e. bad survivality. really, becos of this nerf, theres no sense of being a sin anymore.

i will be happy if GMs gimme back my spark in stealth n sacrifice half of my HP for tat
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ha, before everyone want to nerf assassin stealth spark.
    Now after update . . .
    Assassin want stealth spark back.

Ho
    i will be happy if GMs gimme back my spark in stealth n sacrifice half of my HP for tat

Ho, it worth that much ? b:bye So it become instant kill then stealth escape scenario ?
    Cya b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear
    WarTigerZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You obviuosly take the game too seriously and cannot take a simple beating in the pvp world. /facedesk ._."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<-- made by me o.o
    I know its very simple and plain, but I like it XD.

I'm back! I knew I said i'd never come back but yeah im back now :p.
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

o.o u found a work for deep sting that isnt cut chanelling b:thanks

None sense. I've been using sleep, walk back, Tackling, *waits*, sleep, walks back, Tackling, *repeat* to mess around with Barbs for ages now.

yes it does make a difference

before patch ---> can kill lvl100+ chamed barbs

after patch ---> cant kill lvl 90+ or even 80+ charmed barbs

tats the difference

This reminds me of that Youtube WoW Rogue video, "I use to be able to kill EVERYone, and now I can't kill ANYone". I don't see how you are not killing Barbs with the new 79 skill. You have no interval gears or something? You can't kill 8X Barbs? b:laugh.
    this is wat i am complaining: cant kill uber geared chars n charmed lvl100+ barbs

your target has to be not moving. first u move near to your(u r stealthed) target and demon spark near him. this takes 3 seconds before u can execute the next action. next u do an inner harmony n tat takes 1 second to execute, next u do a powerdash. powerdash will take maybe 1 second to channel.

now u can see, i had 3sparked, inner harmonied and channeled my powerdash. that has taken me atleast 5 seconds and the barb is unaware of that and will not react nor run.

and as power dash channels, i quickly push my occult ice button , occult ice n my power dash will land nicely simultaneously. therefore i have a full 6 second to land extreme amount to criticals (+ tangling mire if u want more dmg dealing) tat is powerful enough to surpass the charm ticking and finally kill the charmed barb.

You don't even Wolf Emblem?

i have been killing highbie barbs for months n not alot of sins in my server has done that.

ROFL, don't think you are the only one. Killing high lvl Barbs isn't exactly hard with demon spark in stealth.

now after the patch.....

if i use my demon spark, it wll kick me out of stealth, my target will run away n avoid it.

LMAO. "Oh noes come back" It's called Taclking Slash.

the rule to kill a barb therefore = demon spark (15 sec), powerdash (8sec) and occut ice (6 sec), they should be used simutaneously.

if any portion of your powerdash is landed outside demon spark time, u wont have enough to kill your target. and if your occult ice runs out before your powerdash, your can just simply stun u or run away. and dont tell me to use maze steps, it is a waste of spark and waste another 1 sec to cast.

*combos*

all i see in the combos u proposed is just pure inexperience and is not effective if u wanna kill uber geared and high lvl barbs.

You fail. There isn't only one way to kill the cat (or... tiger). There are lots of combos to do it effectively without stealth and you'll just have to stop QQing and learn them.

tat is all, im just complaining that without being able to spark in stealth, we assassins has lost our ability to kill high lvl high HP charmed barbs.

p/s: my pvp kill is gonna hit 2000 soon, 60% of them are highbie barbarians (i especially love to kill them becos i wanna be known for killing barbs in LC, this patch shattered my dream).
  • Cannibuss - Heavens Tear
    Cannibuss - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow, these combos you guys post suck, fat monkey balls. LOL your all fraeking terrible.

stealth, maze steps, tackling slash, whack away till 60% hp, demon spark, headhunt, attack, shadow teleport, attack. if the openent isnt dead at this point, then tackling slash again and run away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a little dysfunctional, Don't you know?
    If you push me, It might be bad
    Get a little emotional, Don't you know?
    You could fool around and make me mad

Cannibuss can achieve invisibility and dismember opponents with no warning. By the time you see him, your eyes may no longer be connected to your face.
  • salvati0n
    edited June 2010
    Options
    stealth, maze steps, tackling slash, whack away till 60% hp, demon spark, headhunt, attack, shadow teleport, attack. if the openent isnt dead at this point, then tackling slash again and run away.

Lol... No... b:shutup
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    salvati0n wrote: »
    None sense. I've been using sleep, walk back, Tackling, *waits*, sleep, walks back, Tackling, *repeat* to mess around with Barbs for ages now.

This reminds me of that Youtube WoW Rogue video, "I use to be able to kill EVERYone, and now I can't kill ANYone". I don't see how you are not killing Barbs with the new 79 skill. You have no interval gears or something? You can't kill 8X Barbs? b:laugh.

Yep, assassins in PWI = equivalent of prepatch rogues.
    no skills required.
    b:chuckle
    and the latest patch be an overall buff to assassins.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL when my cursor hoovers over this thread, it starts shaking of the HUGE amount of butthurt there is in here xD

"If i can kill a barb I can kill anyone" XD You could be a next rl serial killer :p b:chuckle

Anyhow

/end_butthurt_plox
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL when my cursor hoovers over this thread, it starts shaking of the HUGE amount of butthurt there is in here xD

"If i can kill a barb I can kill anyone" XD You could be a next rl serial killer :p b:chuckle

Anyhow

/end_butthurt_plox

b:shedtear
    why would the fishies even want to kill our pandas, tigers, and wolfies?
    b:cry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

now after the patch.....

---Stealth-Shadow Teleport-Wolf Emblem-Demon Spark-Attack-Inner Harmony-Headhunt-finish
    >demon sparking will kick u out of stealth, your opponent (if its a tiger formed barb) will see u n run. even if u use occult ice or watever to stop him, u still wont be able to kill em becos its hp is too high.

---Stealth-Deep Sting-Demon Spark-Inner Harmony-Headhunt-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish
    >after the head hunt, u wont be able to use powerdash, normal atack CANNOT kill charmed barbs

---Stealth-Tackling Slash-Demon Spark-Inner Harmony-Maze Steps-Headhunt-Rising Dragon Strike-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish.
    >after u sue tackling slash, the barb is still concious n is able to counter atk, they will just stun u, if yor enemy is lvl 100, they can 1 hit u. u dont have time to innerharmony n do maze step.

---Stealth-Headhunt-Inner Harmony-Demon Spark-Wolf Emblem-Attack-Shadow Teleport-finish
    >inner harmony+ demon spark + wolf emblem +atk will take more than 6seconds of your time. your headhunt stun time only last 5 seconds. after the stun, your target can just stun u back n u cant continue with this combo.

Okay, now you have made your stance a little clearer, being that you rely on Power Dash as well. However, for the first combo, they won't run because your Demon Shadow Teleport will have a 5 second stun, so they can't run till that is over. For the second, just add in Rising Dragon and you can then Power Dash. For the third, you are immune to attacks during spark, and Inner Harmony and Maze Steps are instant casts, so if you don't feel confident to do them and then stun before the Barb can pull off a stun on you, Expel them to give you time to cast those and switch things around so you spark just before attacking. For the last one, again they are instant casts, so unless Demon Spark takes 5 seconds to cast, you shouldn't have problems. However, switching things around and adding Expel in there to give you time also works.

There are many ways you can work around this patch. If you honestly can't find any (which should be nearly impossible), then I am sorry. However, most classes shouldn't have as easy of a time killing Barbs as you apparently do, so this patch if anything balanced out PvP a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't see how you are not killing Barbs with the new 79 skill. You have no interval gears or something? You can't kill 8X Barbs? b:laugh.

condensed thorn is useless, however, barbs are still easy to kill
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • salvati0n
    edited June 2010
    Options
    condensed thorn is useless, however, barbs are still easy to kill

That's what I heard, but I haven't been able to get back on to test it out. It would be a real rip off if this skill doesn't work the way it says it would, since our other 79 and one of the 100 skills are completely uselss too.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's what I heard, but I haven't been able to get back on to test it out. It would be a real rip off if this skill doesn't work the way it says it would, since our other 79 and one of the 100 skills are completely uselss too.

healing trance is useful for cube and pve. i actually use it quite a bit

blood frenzy also looks promising. have to try it eventually
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    some

one

needs

to

come

up

with

an

awesome

combo

to

kill

barbs

before

i

rage

quit

this

reatarrded

game

or...

get

a

GM

to

bring

back

my

stealth

demon

spark
    edited June 2010
    Options
    some

one

needs

to

come

up

with

an

awesome

combo

to

kill

barbs

before

i

rage

quit

this

reatarrded

game

or...

get

a

GM

to

bring

back

my

stealth

demon

spark

because

me

don't

has

the

brainpower

required

to

come

up

with

one

myself.

*fixed*
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    there isn't one. 3 spark a bit farther away, re stealth, innerharmony and shadow jump to your target.

don't know about demon, but i'm sage, so i'm not really great with using speed. sometimes i just 2 spark, tackling slash, maze steps, then hit tangling mire/frenzy and autoswing with windshield on barbs. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rated_PG - Raging Tide
    Rated_PG - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

some

one

needs

to

come

up

with

an

awesome

combo

to

kill

barbs

before

i

rage

quit

this

reatarrded

game

or...

get

a

GM

to

bring

back

my

stealth

demon

spark

because

me

don't

has

the

brainpower

required

to

come

up

with

one

myself.

GF! xD lmfao
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *fixed*

WRONG !!!
    my

brain

power

is

so

great

that

i

know

sparking

in

stealth

is

extremely

important,

without

it,

we

r

under-powered.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    WRONG !!!
    my

brain

power

is

so

great

that

i

know

sparking

in

stealth

is

extremely

important,

without

it,

we

r

under-powered.

then you need help. i was killing 9x barbs at 78 with 2 spark. pretty damn sure i can still drop any barb i could before. the only 2 barbs i have trouble with are susamajii and ambush. everyone else i can kill with ease without 3 spark
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    if u all think i am a noob n couldnt accept the new patch, then u go try kill a charmed barb.

Bingo! you're not supposed to be able to kill a charmed barb, unless you're uberly geared.
    Which is exactly why the patch shoot us in the foot. We can still spark, No? that's PWI.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bingo! you're not supposed to be able to kill a charmed barb, unless you're uberly geared.
    Which is exactly why the patch shoot us in the foot. We can still spark, No? that's PWI.

i'm hardly uberly geared and i can kill charmed barbs...so long as they arent charmed with 25k+ HP
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i'm hardly uberly geared and i can kill charmed barbs...so long as they arent charmed with 25k+ HP

Well, yah if you're smart, and your opponent isn't as skilled as you, I am not surprised.

But at any case, this a far more complex view to be discussed in two sentences.

@OP .. And even if double spark canceled stealth, we're still quite powerful.. Learn your way around it.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Options

trawne is just boasting, i dun believe he not being uber geared can kill charmed barb, unless they r lvl 70 or lower. try kill wereswaldo then, i dun think u can do it b:bye
This discussion has been closed.