Dungeon Finder - Please Rip This Off

Options
G_ree_n - Sanctuary
G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Suggestion Box
This other game I play has a feature that I totally think PWI should rip off. It's called the "Dungeon Finder." If you need a dungeon, you can get into a "queue" for it. Eventually, you will be placed in a group with a full squad of people who are also looking for this dungeon. The wait time is usually different depending on your role (tanks and healers get in faster most of the time) but its easier and faster then spamming chat for it. The other game I play also allows you to group with people on other servers, making the queue times even shorter.

Obviously it would have to be adapted somewhat for bounty hunter and whatnot, since not everyone needs every boss when they go into a dungeon, but I'm sure an idea like this could be adapted for bosses (outside of instances) too.

I have avoided saying the name of the other game in this topic to prevent it from being locked. I would appreciate it if any responses could do the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
Post edited by G_ree_n - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Scathatch - Harshlands
    Scathatch - Harshlands Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this has been posted b4, but still I think its a good idea :)
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just came back to the game (and forums) after being gone for about six months, so I didn't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Read the second part of my signature...
  • Exkaede - Lost City
    Exkaede - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Searching for a thread might be a good idea, but that doesnt change the fact that the search engine for this forum blows, and its highly unlikely that you will find what you are looking for...
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Searching for a thread might be a good idea, but that doesnt change the fact that the search engine for this forum blows, and its highly unlikely that you will find what you are looking for...

Use google:
    site:pwi-forum.perfectworld.com <search_terms>

There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This other game I play has a feature that I totally think PWI should rip off. It's called the "Dungeon Finder." If you need a dungeon, you can get into a "queue" for it. Eventually, you will be placed in a group with a full squad of people who are also looking for this dungeon. The wait time is usually different depending on your role (tanks and healers get in faster most of the time) but its easier and faster then spamming chat for it. The other game I play also allows you to group with people on other servers, making the queue times even shorter.

I think I know what game you're talking about, and yes it would be nice to have a feature like a Squad finder in PW. It helps clean out world chat and normal chat, as in my case, would help low lvls in factions from bugging high lvls to run their bh everyday. Although I doubt seeing this feature being put up anytime sooner, but again, having this feature will kill their teleacoustic sales from the boutiques.

Use google:
    site:pwi-forum.perfectworld.com <search_terms>

I noticed, doing so confuses many people. Yes I'm one of them people who googles without looking at the time and date of the first post, therefore, resurrecting a Necro post.b:surrender