Level 4 Slipstream Strike
Level 1 Raving Slash
Level 2 Shadow Walk
Level 2 Wolf Emblem
Level 3 Windpush
Level 1 Deep Sting
Level 1 Knife Throw
Level 2 Tide Form

My question...with all the abundance of skills that we have, what are the primary skills that I should be focusing at on my level? I feel like I been wasting too much money and spirit on skills that I don't need at the moment such as wolf emblem, shadow walk and windpush.

What are the skills that I should be working on RIGHT now and perhaps later when I reach the mid 30s? Because right now to be honest I feel like I'm all over the place and disorganized with my skill setup.
Post edited by Lugui - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Rated_PG - Raging Tide
    Rated_PG - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well forget about twin strike all together, use it for combos etc if you want, but it's a sad skill. get puncture wound if you use it a lot ( i do ^.^). Definately slipstream, raving not so much for me, but if you apply it into combos you can upgrade it. Shadow walk if you fun pvp atm, if not wait til 30's. wolf emblem is a good upgrade since we thrive off of crits. Windpush is a must for fast travel and easy/quck getaways. deep sting is good for getaways also, get it if you want it. (good chance to put enemy to sleep). Knife throw, one of my least favorite skills, I use a bow which = more hits before the mob gets to you, and better dmg, overall, I wouldnt get it, bad % for chance interruption. Tide form, just forget about it, you will rarely ever use it, it's a waste.

Hope I helped since noone else took the time to ^.^

P.S. at 29 you get shadow escape (force stealth, +1 spark if it is sucessful) get it for needed escapes. And your spark etc.
  • Lugui - Dreamweaver
    Lugui - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks. b:victory
  • SneakThief - Harshlands
    SneakThief - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i like knife throw... nice to get the mob to start walking to u, thats about it... never thought about using a bow, but id probably be too lazy to switch back and forth lol.

thanks PG^^ i needed some advice on skills also x3
  • Verbicide - Dreamweaver
    Verbicide - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've been waiting for a reply to this thread since I needed some guidance as well. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kindrid; \\x//; 9x Seeker
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Twin strikes is completely useless. You don't need to level it.

The skills you'll use the most are Puncture wound, slipstream, and ribstrike (You'll get that later). You'll most likely want to keep these maxed simply for the fact that they put out so much damage.

Raving slash is rarely used outside pk and then still, the slowdown effect is has is short and the damage is weak.

Shadow walk won't need leveling until later on. It's one of two stealth skills sins have and costs less to level.

Wolf emblem can be leveled, but you don't need to keep it maxed. It only lasts for 30 seconds and at low levels you don't truly crit enough to have the 212% rage damage (at level 1 wolf emblem) be of any use. Once your critical hit rate increases, then wolf emblem begins to be useful.

Windpush is a luxury, level it when you have the extra coin/sp. It's just pretty nice to go fast.

Deep sting you'll be using a bit to extend the bleed effect of puncture wound, but it doesn't need leveling. At level 1 deep sting, 87% chance to sleep is high enough. Improving it only increases sleep chance and the damage increase is weak.

Knife throw can be used to make mobs run towards you, but is unnecessary until later. When maxed at level 64, knife throw's cancelling effect is incredibly useful for bosses that cast nasty stuff, like the bh69 boss Cenequus Polearm.

Tide form is useless. You spend more of your time fighting on land than in water and the extra speed/defence is useless when you can't use any other skills.
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sorry for the double post. The last one was my comments on your current skills. I'll directly answer your questions now

The primary skills you'll need now are your attack skills. From level 1-29, they should be Slipstream Strike, Puncture Wound, and Rib Strike, which you'll want to keep maxed for your level. Tackling Slash you will need to keep range-based mobs close frozen so they don't run away, but level that at your convenience. Focused Mind you should have and level at your convenience though it is quite a handy skill. Wolf emblem, shadow jump, and knife throw are leveled at your convenience. Keep Dagger Devotion maxed for your level.

Upcoming skills from 30-39, throat cut and Deaden Nerves are leveled at your convenience, although Deaden Nerves is a waste to level in PVE. Blood Paint is a necessary skill, but does not need to leveled and is a waste of money/sp to do so.

Skills from 40-49, Earthen Rift should be kept at level 1 until later. Though it is your first AoE skills, if it's overpowered and you draw aggro from a group of mobs, you die. Level at your convenience. Rising Dragon strike gives 150 chi. Level that one at your convenience as well; leveling it only raises the damage output.

After that, you should be able to have an idea on how some skills effect your playing style.
  • Rated_PG - Raging Tide
    Rated_PG - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks. b:victory
    i like knife throw... nice to get the mob to start walking to u, thats about it... never thought about using a bow, but id probably be too lazy to switch back and forth lol.

thanks PG^^ i needed some advice on skills also x3
    I've been waiting for a reply to this thread since I needed some guidance as well. Thank you.

You're all welcome. Glad I could be of some help :P.
  • Sin_El - Sanctuary
    Sin_El - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i use knife throw onj those pyrogoths it interuppted channelin almost alwaysb:victory
  • KAPPOW - Dreamweaver
    KAPPOW - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sorry for the double post. The last one was my comments on your current skills. I'll directly answer your questions now

The primary skills you'll need now are your attack skills. From level 1-29, they should be Slipstream Strike, Puncture Wound, and Rib Strike, which you'll want to keep maxed for your level. Tackling Slash you will need to keep range-based mobs close frozen so they don't run away, but level that at your convenience. Focused Mind you should have and level at your convenience though it is quite a handy skill. Wolf emblem, shadow jump, and knife throw are leveled at your convenience. Keep Dagger Devotion maxed for your level.

Upcoming skills from 30-39, throat cut and Deaden Nerves are leveled at your convenience, although Deaden Nerves is a waste to level in PVE. Blood Paint is a necessary skill, but does not need to leveled and is a waste of money/sp to do so.

Skills from 40-49, Earthen Rift should be kept at level 1 until later. Though it is your first AoE skills, if it's overpowered and you draw aggro from a group of mobs, you die. Level at your convenience. Rising Dragon strike gives 150 chi. Level that one at your convenience as well; leveling it only raises the damage output.

After that, you should be able to have an idea on how some skills effect your playing style.

Agreed Very much so :D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]