Why Female Veno's/Male Barb's????

AllDragonGod - Heavens Tear
AllDragonGod - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
I've always wondered why the untamed race only has male barb's and female veno's. I've also always wondered why that, with all the loads of players wanting them to make male veno's and female barb's.........b:shutup

WHY DONT THEY????????????b:angry

Anyways this is just a speculation board of free speech on which we can say on what new stuff about veno's we want to happen rules of the forums still apply though.b:laugh
Post edited by AllDragonGod - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    venomancer based on chinese mythology and they always female there and to have a male venomancer in game would just look weird same with having a female barb would look weird
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    venomancer based on chinese mythology and they always female there

So what? PW isn't an accurate scientific book about chinese mythology, it's a game.
    and to have a male venomancer in game would just look weird same with having a female barb would look weird

Since when? Or are you just saying "it would look unfamiliar since we haven't seen male foxes and female tigers in PW yet"?
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    *facepalms* Do you have any idea how ugly they would be? -.-'

Centuars, fawns, and bearded ladies roaming around PWI...

*pukes*
    >.<
  • Myalt - Raging Tide
    Myalt - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ew, I don't want to be hairy. xD And anyways, I hate melee classes so I would never play a female Barb.
  • AllDragonGod - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    b:surprised
    b:kiss
    b:thanks
    i agree with u Yindra but like the title to this post states they don't even NEED to be foxes in their animal form. they could just as easily be wolves, or bears, or even fast moving snapping turtles for all i care (but i probably should about that last 1). what im saying is all the other races have dual gender positions even the newest race, both the tideborn's classes can be both male and female but the untamed don't. which to me is a little bit offensive because if u wanna be a veno and in real life u r a man and not a woman u may still make the character like i did but when another class hits on u in-game that is a man both inside and outside the game and utell him ur a guy veno and he's all like "woah i'm sorry i didn't realize." then there's a very very awkward moment of silence it make's both people feel bad.
    edited June 2010
    i agree with u Yindra but like the title to this post states they don't even NEED to be foxes in their animal form. they could just as easily be wolves, or bears, or even fast moving snapping turtles for all i care (but i probably should about that last 1). what im saying is all the other races have dual gender positions even the newest race, both the tideborn's classes can be both male and female but the untamed don't. which to me is a little bit offensive because if u wanna be a veno and in real life u r a man and not a woman u may still make the character like i did but when another class hits on u in-game that is a man both inside and outside the game and utell him ur a guy veno and he's all like "woah i'm sorry i didn't realize." then there's a very very awkward moment of silence it make's both people feel bad.[/QUOTE]
    edited June 2010
    [

i agree with u Yindra but like the title to this post states they don't even NEED to be foxes in their animal form. they could just as easily be wolves, or bears, or even fast moving snapping turtles for all i care (but i probably should about that last 1). what im saying is all the other races have dual gender positions even the newest race, both the tideborn's classes can be both male and female but the untamed don't. which to me is a little bit offensive because if u wanna be a veno and in real life u r a man and not a woman u may still make the character like i did but when another class hits on u in-game that is a man both inside and outside the game and utell him ur a guy veno and he's all like "woah i'm sorry i didn't realize." then there's a very very awkward moment of silence it make's both people feel bad.[/QUOTE]
    edited June 2010
    oops i went to hit preview and it must have posted instead
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Grats on quadruple post.
    By the way people always say the developer want money so much, but when the business is touching their tradition and legends. (chinese culture)
    They wouldn't want the money at all . . . b:surrender . . it's like they accept the insult directed to them if they accept the money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oke now imagine an male cleric, with fox ears and a fox tail, Standing the way a venomancer does when casting a skill. b:surrender no thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't mind having little bows on my ears......

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    [

they don't even NEED to be foxes in their animal form. they could just as easily be wolves, or bears, or even fast moving snapping turtles for all i care (but i probably should about that last 1).

Hey, fast moving snapping turtles would be a change :-) "I'm playing a Venomancer!" --- "Venomancer? What's that?" --- "Oh, well, it's like a summoner and mage. And I can transform into a fast moving snapping turtle".
    because if u wanna be a veno and in real life u r a man and not a woman u may still make the character like i did but when another class hits on u in-game that is a man both inside and outside the game

Geez, I don't even remember when it happened the last time. By now, even the drooling kids have realized that game gender (and looks) have nothing to do with reality.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    just for noob info i seen sa far not all veno play in human form i been fox from lv9
    and i never ever casted a singel spell in this char so that bull_sht aboout venomancer being purely mage is sa darn dumb u should kill urself.
    have a nice day

foxes are melee sub class but still melee and i for one enjoy it
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So what? PW isn't an accurate scientific book about chinese mythology, it's a game.

Since when? Or are you just saying "it would look unfamiliar since we haven't seen male foxes and female tigers in PW yet"?

Thats why i said BASED learn to read right as ya obviously do not know what is meant by saying based on gez
  • Themos - Dreamweaver
    Themos - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think this would satisfy a whole lot of pwi players.
    and the argument of ''its because of the chinese culture''
    maybe true but then a lot of thing in pwi shouldn't be there.
    so i think the real reason for not having female barbs and male venom's
    is something else!!

and also i think alot of poeple in this thread are overreacting!
    there is nothing wrong with poeple telling what they want to see
    in the game. and nothing wrong if you don't agree.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Male'o-mancer b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Themos - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    i agree with u Yindra but like the title to this post states they don't even NEED to be foxes in their animal form. they could just as easily be wolves, or bears, or even fast moving snapping turtles for all i care (but i probably should about that last 1). what im saying is all the other races have dual gender positions even the newest race, both the tideborn's classes can be both male and female but the untamed don't. which to me is a little bit offensive because if u wanna be a veno and in real life u r a man and not a woman u may still make the character like i did but when another class hits on u in-game that is a man both inside and outside the game and utell him ur a guy veno and he's all like "woah i'm sorry i didn't realize." then there's a very very awkward moment of silence it make's both people feel bad.

totally agree!
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    male venos could be made to look like inuyasha or how ever you spell his name poses i could give a rats *** aboutb:chuckle although im not to certian of female barbs cus personally hairy chicks is a big turn off for me lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Themos - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    male venos could be made to look like inuyasha or how ever you spell his name poses i could give a rats *** aboutb:chuckle although im not to certian of female barbs cus personally hairy chicks is a big turn off for me lol

no, not like that, besides he is japanese. 'he doesn't have anything to do with veno's.
    and whats wrong with female barbs? look at the girl from a quest you get from the
    untamed teleporter, his daughter isn't weird or something.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You know everyone . . rather than making new version of venomancer (Yao Jing) or barbarian (Ye Shou) Beijing PWE rather make a new race <.< just think all new model and animation that must be made.

Yao Jing meaning is Fox Lady (which why i am confused why it become Venomancer . . i know there still relation on the skills but meh . .) if there male version . . Fox Man ?! lol . . a naughty seducing man . .
    Yao Jing is just like the eastern version of Succubus if confused, so if there a new one it like the Incubus version.

Ye Shou ? Well the meaning is just powerful beast creature, guess has something to do with being the male. b:surrender
    no, not like that, besides he is japanese. 'he doesn't have anything to do with veno's.
    and whats wrong with female barbs? look at the girl from a quest you get from the
    untamed teleporter, his daughter isn't weird or something.

I guess every female untamed is venomancer and every male untamed is barbarian.
    Furry ?! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'd picture a female barb a bit like a warrioress; cheetahs, leopards, lionesses...with only slight muscle, like an athlete.

Male venos: claws, maybe fangs, keep some ears, no fox tails/ears but wolf/lion/tiger tails. Oh, and no girly run, lol.

It's not that difficult, it just takes someone with the balls to actually do it.
  • Sikozu - Heavens Tear
    Sikozu - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'd picture a female barb a bit like a warrioress; cheetahs, leopards, lionesses...with only slight muscle, like an athlete.

Male venos: claws, maybe fangs, keep some ears, no fox tails/ears but wolf/lion/tiger tails. Oh, and no girly run, lol.

It's not that difficult, it just takes someone with the balls to actually do it.
    Yeah me and my GF would love to see this happen. She wants to be a barb with big axes! but cant because Barb are male only and ugly at that. I am sure if barb could be female there would be a lot more of them. No one wants to run around looking like a huge furry man.
  • Kyiamori - Lost City
    Kyiamori - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i think they should some kind of female tank and somekind of male veno because they have male and female option for all of the other charaters >:O
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    I wanted to be a barb when I first started this game until I realized I couldn't be female, and I didn't want to play as a male.

The least they could do would be to change the ugly green lion barb, make wolf barbs be able to change colors (black, white, brown), and tiger barbs to vary from normal color to white tigers (there's a white tiger barb on one of the game's loading screens so why not in game? o.o)

Maybe we should all sign a petition or something.
  • Triat - Dreamweaver
    Triat - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Maybe we should all sign a petition or something.

Yeah, i thought so to!
    maybe we should, because i already send them a ticket
    with the question why they don't do it, but never got an
    awnser.
    so if we start some kind of action we might get their atention.
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Okay, so how are we going to do this?
  • Triat - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    idk.

maybe start a new thread?
    on the general discusion. and if we have like
    maybe 50 or more pages of poeple who sign it
    the link can be sended to the pwi team?

or if someone got a better idea.
  • Triat - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    idk.

maybe start a new thread?
    on the general discusion. and if we have like
    maybe 50 or more pages of poeple who sign it
    the link can be sended to the pwi team?

or if someone got a better idea.

never mind,

i starded it,
    and the thread got closed.
    also the mod said it won't happen.
  • ClearHeart - Dreamweaver
    ClearHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    never mind,

i starded it,
    and the thread got closed.
    also the mod said it won't happen.

I'm sorry... that's just hilarious. But yea, this would definitely satisfy a lot of people, gl getting them to do it though b:cry
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'd picture a female barb a bit like a warrioress; cheetahs, leopards, lionesses...with only slight muscle, like an athlete. so.....it'll just look like a fuzzy archer or blademaster? b:chuckle

Male venos: claws, maybe fangs, keep some ears, no fox tails/ears but wolf/lion/tiger tails. Oh, and no girly run, lol. wait....but it'll still has teh "jiggly"? b:shocked

o gawd me eyes~
    Dx
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]