IH stack theory proven (oh gawd, finally)

Paramedic - Dreamweaver
Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
Post edited by Paramedic - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i didnt realise it was a contentious issue.. always presumed IH stacked from a single source cleric

when you have multiple clerics (with different level IH) stacking IH if they are exactly in sync.. it would be interesting to know if the higher heal overwrote the lower level heal.. or if they boosted each other..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    they stack also

not proven, but clers observe it every day if there are 2 eps in squad and one need 'help' with healing from other :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i have seen cleric A casts and cleric B waits a couple of secs before casting and from that point on they are a few seconds out of sync so the IH level doesnt matter so much as they are not overwriting each other..

yeah what i was getting at

cleric A & B cast IH at exactly the same time.. which heal takes? cos they will both be on same timer..and i havent noticed getting double the heal.. but it is hard to quantify
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    both heal

10chars

• Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    never bothered with being out of sync... when needed just spammed ih and other cleric spammed ih and we both prayed it will be enough b:chuckle
    ih stacks with ih from same caster, with ih from other casters and with sor (as proven by Ahira)
    stacking ih in my case is battle tested, i never sat down and counted intervals or anything, but i appreciate having numbers to back up what i saw, so good job Paramedic :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    lol, ty para
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    i just wanna say , you proooobably made a small mistake on the calculation part

did u also calculate the clerics magical attack + mag attribute points into the calculation of how much he would heal?

other then that i think it's already been proven at higher lvl's that ironheart definetly stacks
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IH stack WOW, XD

Thx for your effort, but it s not new, everyone know it
    No need to do calculation, get some sin or bm to try to kill you in duel with normal attack and only 1 IH you ll die, try it again with a lot of stacked IH you ll survive.

Realy why always bring your maths everywhere b:worried
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IH stack WOW, XD

No need to do calculation, get some sin or bm to try to kill you in duel with normal attack and only 1 IH you ll die, try it again with a lot of stacked IH you ll survive.

and people dont get why fishies are number 1 to be blamed/kicked/flamed in any situation b:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh

when i was level 40-ish, someone told me about how a lower level IH would cancel the effect of a higher level IH and later on, something about how SoR cancels IH.(both of these are obviously untrue now as proven in the forums)

try to appreciate what he is doing here, if he does not verify this and the 10 million other obscure pwi mechanics, how do we know what works?

ps: I would explain "IH stack" by simply saying every cast of IH acts separately regardless of who is casting it and the timing of the cast. So in that sense, a stack of IH is just the casting of IHs back to back.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I would explain "IH stack" by simply saying every cast of IH acts separately regardless of who is casting it and the timing of the cast. So in that sense, a stack of IH is just the casting of IHs back to back.

I think this is what Sabatier was looking for clarity on, nice succinct way of putting it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IH stack WOW, XD

judging by the second to last conclusion point i think what he was trying to determine was not that it stacked but that it heals more than IH+WS combo.
    (though I coulda told him from having tanked 2-1 with a single clericb:chuckle)
    at cosmo cleric does IH-->WS--> repeat and my hp slowly declines. IH-->IH and my HP goes back up.

I use WS when I squishy steals aggro and IH doesnt have the time to catch up. So i have to revert to WS and heal them like a veno on their pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    God, you had to do all that to discover that IH actually stacks? lmao. b:chuckle

The point is, if you have 2 clerics spamming IH on 1 character each IH will stack (separately as in it will count each of the cleric's IH heal).

However, stacking doesnt mean it will be perma, 1 IH lasts 15 seconds so you have 14 seconds left to keep stacking the player with IH. Then each IH after those 15 seconds will just stop healing but the others will keep healing thats all the "IH stack math" you need to do.

Lets say you cast 1 IH every 2 seconds (counting delay + cast time).

15 seconds / 2 = 7.5

You will be able to stack a maximum of 7 IH on the player (active Iron Hearts) before they start disapearing, after that, you are just covering those cleared timers.

b:bye
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited June 2010
    @Inias

3% of 8 mag attack, so.. meh

@Yamiino

i just wrote same in conclusions genius =/

@all

test took less that writing topic lol and imo it was necessary beacause there was still argues and misleading about overwriting IH by many stacks (f.e. by 5 or insert any number) and -which was more important for me- gave solid base for rest of math.

read whole topic next time, thx

• Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    @Inias

3% of 8 mag attack, so.. meh

still it's something :d b:laugh
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    @Inias

0.24 HP b:chuckle

dont think so tbh. pwi tend to round down numbers often, so prolly 0

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    btw Papa Param, find us out the channeling cap if there is, for clerics? =0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IH stack WOW, XD

Because knowing WHY you'd survive is the difference between successful players and idiots that fall for the same tricks over and over and wonder why they die. b:surrender
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    btw Papa Param, find us out the channeling cap if there is, for clerics? =0

I don't think he is rich enough to get enough channeling gears to test it.b:chuckle
    That being said, he might be able to find some way to test this. b:surrender
    Maybe try to borrow channeling gears for testing purposes?
    edited June 2010
    btw Papa Param,

oke, that made me feel old, tho it shouldnt b:sad
    find us out the channeling cap if there is, for clerics? =0

what do you mean by 'channeling cap'? sryz, but my eng skills are even worse than my math :p

I don't think he is rich enough to get enough channeling gears to test it.b:chuckle
    That being said, he might be able to find some way to test this. b:surrender
    Maybe try to borrow channeling gears for testing purposes?

hey, im rich.. ok not enough.. =/

• Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    what do you mean by 'channeling cap'? sryz, but my eng skills are even worse than my math :p

if you have too much -chan gear on something goes wrong, channels interrupt for no reason, macros break though they really shouldn't as in theory cast and channel times are still ok, and in general there is a point where adding more -chan hurts you instead of helping.
    im too poor to test it myself, if i put on all my -chan gear at once im at -15 which works ok, but i heard that trouble starts somewhere over -20
    i never heard venos complaining about this, looks like cleric only issue...
    b:cry
    P.S. dont complain about your english... there are ppl here who i believe are native speakers - and they are so bad i had problems understanding wth they were trying to say b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    <<
    this fish likes the numbers+maths+proofs
    nice parab:victory

btw i heard that problems appear after -50chan
    edited June 2010
    channeling cap :P

first thing that comes.. if venos dont cry about it then seems that problem concern just HoT spells and may result from some errors when game try to adjust stacks to 1s time frame.

dunno if u noticed that game dont like fractions very much. If u have genie with 2.83 point per 1s recovery it wont recover 2.83 per second but somehting like: 3 per second; 3 per s; 2 per s; 3 per s (...)
    Or stacked IH regen always update every second tho it s imposible to stack them so evenly manually - by pressing button. Seems like game adjust casting IH so they can overlap correctly.

Maybe high channel values disturb process? :P

However, there are some gaps in this theory. First, that whole this adjusting may concern just animations (which are 'fake') and whole math is counted 'under' them. Second, I really dont see reason why game engine should/ would want to 'bother' to do that whole adjusting stuff.

• BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Gosh, this is really a unique theory. I always knew that IH did stack but never thought there was math involved in it.

From what I know, only 5 IH can be stacked at a time but you can keep spamming it! Gosh, I don't know. Thats a really interesting way of thinking about it.

Hopefully you can find a few more theories in the future b:victory Got to say, this is the first time I actually saw someone prove about IH lol.

Kudos to that part b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
    edited June 2010
    channeling cap :P

first thing that comes.. if venos dont cry about it then seems that problem concern just HoT spells and may result from some errors when game try to adjust stacks to 1s time frame.

dunno if u noticed that game dont like fractions very much. If u have genie with 2.83 point per 1s recovery it wont recover 2.83 per second but somehting like: 3 per second; 3 per s; 2 per s; 3 per s (...)
    Or stacked IH regen always update every second tho it s imposible to stack them so evenly manually - by pressing button. Seems like game adjust casting IH so they can overlap correctly.

Maybe high channel values disturb process? :P

However, there are some gaps in this theory. First, that whole this adjusting may concern just animations (which are 'fake') and whole math is counted 'under' them. Second, I really dont see reason why game engine should/ would want to 'bother' to do that whole adjusting stuff.
    he can borrow gear from friends =3

for instance for fist weapons there is a cap of 5.0 -interval
    for mages, they can stack 48-50% channeling and cast spells fine as long as their cool down does not interfere. I know more than 50% is possible so thinking, what is the highest channeling that you can get, without 1 skill starting to glitch just by itself? if its all channeling gear then 60%+ is possible. if it goes that far up will it just cast even faster? or is it too high that it will start to glitch just by casting 1 solo spell?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Essential sutra(wizard's) gives a 90%-ish(100% theoratically) channeling cap. That is a good place to start.

Why did i say 90%? town portal usually takes 10 sec, and with sutra, it takes like 1 sec.
    The cap might be 90%. But good luck gettting there to test it.
    edited June 2010
    there shudnt be channel cap. theoretically, even with 100% channel everything should work fine since cooldown is always longer than cast time

well, getting 110% wont change anything, so we could say that 100 is cap

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Au contraire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU
    So, from what I can gather, 100 isn't even a cap.
    Btw, I did not just post a link to a video taken from a private server. *awkwardcough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited June 2010
    o.o

min cast time for most skills is 1s+

so u shouldnt be able to cast skills more than one per second, but guy is making it more often..

maybe 100%+ channel values let you cast new spell before u finish old one or it speeds up cast time also?..

go figure :P

edited June 2010
    Au contraire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU
    So, from what I can gather, 100 isn't even a cap.
    Btw, I did not just post a link to a video taken from a private server. *awkwardcough*
    LMFAO b:laughb:laughb:laugh holy **** thats awesome lol
  • Rawing - Sanctuary
    Rawing - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I guess my personal theory that IH's time of 15 seconds can be extended has been proven wrong b:angry
    Just noticed this at venomous ghouls: one DoT hits you, some time later (when DoT is about to end) another one hits you, and both damage and time stack. Would be helpful if IH did that, no? :D
    anonymous: LMAO!
    Rawing: your **** fell off.
    =====================
    Don't call assassins "sin". They're more like "****". But neither sounds good anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PS: Don't use Photoshop. Use GIMP. It's free. And the result can be seen above.