Just a few questions :O

Options
FloraFang - Harshlands
FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
okay so i have a couple questions to ask

1)what are the pros and cons of light armor? ( also list some ways some of those cons if any can be covered)
2) me and a friend plan on starting a new her a vit veno and me a light armor, would it be possible for us to solo fb19 at lvl 19?b:chuckle and what are somethings to look out for and if we can do that what else could we solo with us both spam healing?
3)when we hit 70+ what are some good LA and AA to look out obviously one is sleeves of sea captain for us both any others?
um.. i think that's about it for now considering my limited time on this computer please no flamming no arguing i just some clear advice and any personal advice you can share

thanks in advanceb:victory
[/COLOR]
4) forgot to ask about recommended weapons
The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
Post edited by FloraFang - Harshlands on

Comments

• Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You should try looking into the stickied threads. I do not have much experience with a LA veno, but I got bored of mine at lvl 42 >.<

But don't take my word for it. Read up on some stickied forums to see if you can find anything. As for recommended weapons, there's so much to choose from. It's all your personal choice since it's your character, your account, and your style of gameplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Silvia_Xenth - Lost City
    Silvia_Xenth - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    first of all what style of play are u going for human or foxform cos that will mostly matters
    i see mostly go as human caster wish is kinda a joke but hej as long as tehy love it.

so no flamming what style u going for melee or caster
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well there isn't a stickied guide on LA venos, but being a former one, I'll try to answer some of your questions.

1) Some Pros of LA are the increased crit rate you gain. It's the cheapest way to get decent defense from lvl 1-90. It's also good for experimenting with foxform, if your not so sure you like it. Some con's are the fact that it becomes the worst armor to be in past lvl 90. Unless you have a lot money to make it worth while.
    2) Good luck with that at lvl 19, Maybe you can pull it off
    3)I would recommend the sleeves of the sea captain for the -6% chan. Also, dark shingaurds of hedes, armor of grieving sorrow. and use TT70 LA boots, or if you can find some 3* with good adds. Use a helmet for hp: Helmet of lionspirit, or one with -requirement so you can use it. For rings, try to look for something with added crit rate, or channeling (depends on which you prefer) This should last you till lvl 90. (It did for me)
    4) for weps, its a personal preference again. Magic swords are nice, glaives too, and wands from what I hear. stay away from patakas though. List of weps I used lvl 70+: Sakyamuni's light, Glaives of divinity, Endless Ambuigity, and Wheel of denied fate. Later on, I would recommend a neon purgatory, siranbasho, inferno heaven ravager souless, or scaredevil. Any 3 of these weps, would bring up your crit rate more.
    >.<
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    okay so i have a couple questions to ask

1)what are the pros and cons of light armor? ( also list some ways some of those cons if any can be covered)
    2) me and a friend plan on starting a new her a vit veno and me a light armor, would it be possible for us to solo fb19 at lvl 19?b:chuckle and what are somethings to look out for and if we can do that what else could we solo with us both spam healing?
    3)when we hit 70+ what are some good LA and AA to look out obviously one is sleeves of sea captain for us both any others?
    um.. i think that's about it for now considering my limited time on this computer please no flamming no arguing i just some clear advice and any personal advice you can share

thanks in advanceb:victory
    4) forgot to ask about recommended weapons

the colours and smaller text made me go x.x

but anyway..
    1. pro's higher crit rate. cons after 90 it gets crappy as listed.
    2. highest chance of doing this solo is with a golem/glacial walker and at least 1 pure magic veno.
    3. AA > sleeves of sea captain, dark pants of hades, cape of tauran chieftain.
    for LA no idea.
    4. that is personal :) I love glaives and swords, though other ppl prefer pataka's and wands or whatever. Just try some out ^^ and see for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well, the pros and cons of LA is:

Pros:

-Higher crit rate
    -Better Phy def than AA(wich adds up in fox form)
    -Better Refines than AA
    -Same mag atk as Vit Arcane(3 mag every level)

Cons:

-Low HP(fixed with refining, compared to AAs Citrine craze)
    -Low Mag res compared to AA(Here you can either use Magic or Phy def stones. Depending on what you want highest def in, still wont be as high mag res unless the stones are high lvl)
    -Fox form damage is lower compared to heavy builds. If you want to go for fox form with LA, you might find youreself spammin alot of skills here too.

Ive been LA up to my mid lvl 70. With refines, and added def/mag def shards. Its not impossible to get good enough survivability for PvE. In fact, at a near wipe in TT, I was left as single survivor. Where two other Arcane Venos at approx same level had died of same AoE hit. The LA can tank some bosses, but not as good as the heavy ones. Also, aggro can be troubling with the low damage in fox form. The Arcane is probably the easiest way to go, Light armor is a bit more expensive to get just right and heavy(or HA/AA) is the most expensive to manage. HA/AA is however, a better choice than LA if you can afford it.
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Anyone that supposedly wants help and asks for it with an eyesore, well GL.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    -Better Phy def than AA(wich adds up in fox form)

-Same mag atk as Vit Arcane(3 mag every level)
    i have better defences in my AA than any other LA around unless they go and do stupid things like wearing same ornaments as me. plus im almost full garnets while they use citrine
    i have more than 3 mag per lvl and lots of vit
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well there isn't a stickied guide on LA venos, but being a former one, I'll try to answer some of your questions.

1) Some Pros of LA are the increased crit rate you gain. It's the cheapest way to get decent defense from lvl 1-90. It's also good for experimenting with foxform, if your not so sure you like it. Some con's are the fact that it becomes the worst armor to be in past lvl 90. Unless you have a lot money to make it worth while.

when you say a lot of money exactly what do you mean? because i plan to be a LA past lvl90 because it compliments the fact i'm going demon of course there are probably other alternatives but this one fits my play style.b:cute
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

• Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    when you say a lot of money exactly what do you mean? because i plan to be a LA past lvl90 because it compliments the fact i'm going demon of course there are probably other alternatives but this one fits my play style.b:cute

I mean if your looking to LA for defenses, then your looking at the wrong armor. You would be better off going the AA path and sharding with garnets, or using the HA/AA path.
    LA is the worst armor to be in past lvl 90, and by then it's only good thing is its crit rate. There are lots of LA venos on my server, but hardly any of them have made it worth while.
    I can think of about 3 that are actually in gear worth drooling over. One is full LA, another one is half AA/LA and has part nirvana gear, and the last one is an arcane dex build, uses TT99 AA, sharded with garnets gems, all 3 socketed, has around 200 dex, and nearly 3k evasion (this is her defense, and for her, it works). But, if you plan to just be the common LA veno, and not raise your crit rate past 20%, then its worthless IMO. HA/AA build venos and AA venos can gain 15-17% crit, and have much better defenses than LA. This is one reason I restatted from LA to HA/AA because i still like playing in foxform, but defenses (phys def especially) was more important to me than crit rate.
    >.<
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i guesss i get what you're saying, but um how do you affford to restat at that level?
    cause you know money these days on the servers is tight to be gridding for hours even then you don't make enough plus i have to save for a herc.
    This is more confusing than i thought, but is there any proof that LA is that horrible after 90(just asking for evidence might help with the decision)?
    Well actually i was planning on being an LA/AA but i guess that still wouldn't be good enough hu?
    I've acually seen some LA venomancers wearing Lvl90 LA but never got to ask if they were staying that, but i'm pretty sure they still are.