:P

Vyrra - Sanctuary
Vyrra - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Assassin
so from everything ive gathered on the forums about demon/sage i dont see any reason why anybody should go demon (well unless you have something like 12323947897834$in real life) the reason i bring this up is im confused as to why its like that. its extremely obvious as well, the only possible way to make a demon sin effective at all is mass amounts of -int gear which is nigh impossible to aquire in game. its not like that with other classes, at least not that ive noticed. has anybody else noticed this? if you cash shop youre obviously gonna be better, but with demon sins thats your only option... im my opinion thats a major design flaw, with the other classes you can get away with a lot more if you dont spend cash on the game, but if you wanna make a sin effective you have to spend cash on them (well if you wanna go demon)

i dont really care though, i personally like the idea of a righteous assassin so sage is just fine for me b:victory

i guess i just want a legitimate reason to go demon other than obscene amounts of coins that i must earn to play it properly. (though i have to say the longer stuns do look very sexy)

anyways, im just curious to see what everyone thinks about this.
Post edited by Vyrra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2010

i guess i just want a legitimate reason to go demon other than obscene amounts of coins that i must earn to play it properly. (though i have to say the longer stuns do look very sexy)

Well, the Demon Fairy looks much cooler than the Sage one.
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    so from everything ive gathered on the forums about demon/sage i dont see any reason why anybody should go demon (well unless you have something like 12323947897834$in real life) the reason i bring this up is im confused as to why its like that. its extremely obvious as well, the only possible way to make a demon sin effective at all is mass amounts of -int gear which is nigh impossible to aquire in game. its not like that with other classes, at least not that ive noticed. has anybody else noticed this? if you cash shop youre obviously gonna be better, but with demon sins thats your only option... im my opinion thats a major design flaw, with the other classes you can get away with a lot more if you dont spend cash on the game, but if you wanna make a sin effective you have to spend cash on them (well if you wanna go demon)

i dont really care though, i personally like the idea of a righteous assassin so sage is just fine for me b:victory

the problem is how people think when thinking demon, even without gear demon spark is impressive in the damage boost you gain from swinging faster. demon sins can also stunlock a bit better than a sage will, though sage wont have much trouble either, demon can just change it up a bit for more damage skills and a longer lock. demon sins can also use their skills with long cool downs a little faster. they also have guaranteed interrupt and sleep. their rib strike can be just as useful as sage is (and even better when paired up, sage to start then demon for the remainder of the fight)
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Krue/ - Lost City12
    Krue/ - Lost City12 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To be honest, you can easily get

Blood moon bracers (-.1) 10m
    Rank 5 (-.05) 13m

and thats before level 90.

40m for the .05 lunar cape

The rank 6 dagger -.1 or -.05 (would cost another 13m)

Thats -.2 int + demon spark, I think thats 3.33 when demon sparked? Not sure... And thats only at level 90 with barely spending under 100m. Which if you cannot make 100m in game without cash shopping, uninstall.

EDIT: thats 2.63 /sec which is worth demon every bit.
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    Vyrra - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Rank 5 (-.05) 13m

Thats -.2 int + demon spark, I think thats 3.33 when demon sparked? Not sure... And thats only at level 90 with barely spending under 100m. Which if you cannot make 100m in game without cash shopping, uninstall.

i have no problem getting coin, i farmed enough TT to get full TT 80 gold LA. i couldnt even begin to count how many TT runs i did for that stuff. but if you want a full set of interval gear its something like 600 million coins. thats just ridiculous... oh and speaking of the rank 6 dagger, has anyone had any news on when its going to be implemented?

and i see your point trawne... its just a bit disheartening seeing the uber geared -int sins running around. i dont mind working for my gear, but like i said 600 million coins is a bit much to ask of anyone.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    On a budget:

HH 90 gold bracers
    Lunar Cape
    Rank 4 top
    Demon Spark

You don't need 5 aps to be successful as an interval sin. That's just the ceiling of how good you can be. 2 aps is very powerful as it is
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Rank 5 (-.05) 13m

13M for rank6 ??? Are you sure that you play in LostCity? Maybe you related to Image to farm Reputation :P
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Full interval will destroy in 1v1 PvP but you don't need full interval to be effective at killing with demon spark.

Thats -.2 int + demon spark, I think thats 3.33 when demon sparked?

-0.2 int gets you to 2.22 sparked. It's what I have so far and it's plenty to take down any 10X non-HA in game, this includes CS mage and archer. With the new 79 skill, BM and Barbs aren't going to be a problem either.

Cheap intervals:

0.1-Bloodmoon bracers ~8 mil or TT90 bracers ~10-12 mil.
    0.05-TT80 daggers (2 socketed TT80 vs 1 socketed FC, both +3, the TT actually has better DPS sparked. FC gets better with higher refine without the -0.05).
    0.05-Rank 4 (price depends on how much reps you farmed)

The next cheapest interval is the cape for 35-40 mil and that puts you to 2.5 aps sparked.

P.S. things like getting TT80 gold (or full TT80 green with full imacs or even FC armors) are the reasons people can't afford intervals. Sure TT80 gold is nice and FC is not bad, but it's so close to 90 and TT90 is better. With 3 BH and hyper FC and w/e event quest they just released, 80-90 is very very fast.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    salvati0n wrote: »
    P.S. things like getting TT80 gold (or full TT80 green with full imacs or even FC armors) are the reasons people can't afford intervals. Sure TT80 gold is nice and FC is not bad, but it's so close to 90 and TT90 is better. With 3 BH and hyper FC and w/e event quest they just released, 80-90 is very very fast.

It's always bothered me that people bother getting 80 gold gear b:surrender
  • salvati0n
    salvati0n Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's always bothered me that people bother getting 80 gold gear b:surrender

I had a Barb friend who was farming his TT80 green armor. When he was done farming, he was 90 with the FC's he did on the side. b:cold
  • Krue/ - Lost City13
    Krue/ - Lost City13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    13M for rank6 ??? Are you sure that you play in LostCity? Maybe you related to Image to farm Reputation :P

Sorry i meant another 13m added on from already having rank 5.