read this before asking a question

Joshcja - Sanctuary
Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Blademaster
If you feel the need to post a thread because your personal build/problem is so important read this threadfirst...and post the question here

FAQ:
Whats the fist axe build/how do i make a bm/whats the DD build
fist axe build is 3 str 2 dex per level, you can also add vit with the help of +stat gear if you feel squishy

How do i grind?
you kill mobs by clicking them 2x, at 70+ AOE grinding with axes does beccome an option
Whats the best armor build?
use Heavy armor (HA), at 99+ light armor bracers and boots become an option for interval (anythign but bracer/boots and i throw this rock at your head)
Will i get enough spirit?
yes you will have enough spirit for all your weapons
Sage or demon?
go demon sage suck for everything dont feed me that "playstyle matters" **** 15% more on bell and mastery =/= 55% DBB and 100% crit buff
Can i be a good bm as pure sword/axe/pole/fist/bow/pataka
Any single weapon build will suck compared to multipath (with rare exeptions like vit axe in TW) if you are considering this accept that no squads will want you ever
How do i hit 5 aps?
Get -.5 total interval with fists...if this makes sense good if not search button
if this doesent help read the stickied guides and use the search function
If you cannot do the above GTFO of these forums, If annyone seems incapable of the above scorn them so hard they burst into flame we need to make an example of a few flameing scorn idiots to warn the rest...and possibly post their skulls on the forum link

(some people actually are helpfull and added rather usefull coments hit the down arrow to read down and the arrows at the bottom)

edited and improved for your conveniance, sticky please we're all tired of spamthreads
Gifs are hard to make work here
Post edited by Joshcja - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    b:laughb:victoryb:laugh

May I add "search function for questions on how to get 5 aps."

and

"Stop asking about whether to sage or demon, you're level 23."

"Yes, you will have enough hp"

Nearly crapped myself when I saw your signature after you posted.
    Sage-vita-over priced axed BMs for the win :)P
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I didnt regret going sage.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Combatte - Dreamweaver
    Combatte - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Best topic ever.
    You sould.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2010

then what happened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Istessa - Dreamweaver
    Istessa - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I agree with it all, but you might want to at least consider using punctuation instead of confusing the poor newbs with random run-on sentences.

"vit axes really do suck so do fist/blade/pole only builds use em all" in particular. They could read it as "axes are bad... so don't use axes use fist/blade/pole builds." and that's when the other annoying threads pop up.

The rest seems fine.
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    fist axe build is 3 str 2 dex per level
    This is true, and a very common question. You may want to mention that this is also the "All weapon build" as well.
    you kill mobs by clicking them 2x
    This isn't 100% true, that's a way to attack something. Double clicking on something doesn't always kill it.
    use Heavy armor (HA)
    Makes sense, could use a bit of explanation.
    get DQ bracers for -.1 at 60
    You're probably referring to Bracers of Blood Moon. This actually contradicts your previous statement to use heavy armour. Also these tend to be expensive for a typical level 60, how should they be prioritized?
    yes you will have enough spirit
    Enough for what? When will I have enough?
    go demon
    Why?
    vit axes really do suck so do fist/blade/pole only builds use em all
    I'm having trouble even understanding what you're trying to say here. Are "vit axes" axes with +vit in them?
    if this doesent help read the stickied guides and use the search function
    Advice everyone should try.
    if you cant do that then post
    If I can't search?
    please laugh at anyone not capable of doing the above
    Many of the things you said are statements, and not instructions. I don't know how to "yes you will have enough spirit", so does this mean I should be laughed at? o.O
    I added comments in red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I added comments in red.

Getting DQ bracers is kinda hard at that level. Unless you cashshop/merchant a lot, there is no way you'll get those at that level.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Themos - Dreamweaver
    Themos - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    will you have inuf HP with the fist build?
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Themos: In fist Build, you only have 5 vit (3 if you use a reset >.>)

But with how mega-awesomely our HA refines in the HP department, along with +10 vit stones/cirtine shards, we don't have to worry about it ^.^
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    tbh i made the thread to copy paste at folks who again and again ask the same things

and if you grind a lot the dq's are actually rather afordable at 60 just gotta be carefull with your $ as you lvl
  • Yeric - Raging Tide
    Yeric - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    How does this build work at lower levels, i am only lvl 31 atm and have considered using a reset note, but have not in fear of dying alot. I guess my question is at what level is this the most viable at?
  • sapoman69
    sapoman69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    so, how does one actually get DQ Bracers? and whats the actual name for it? i cant find any info in forums..
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    sapoman69 wrote: »
    so, how does one actually get DQ Bracers? and whats the actual name for it? i cant find any info in forums..

bacerrs of the blood moon they are the lvl 60 LA bracers from the DQ agent

to get the mold you need 25 silver DQ orders and 25 copper

silver = 200-250k each copper =20-25k each on AH or from cat shops or AH

total cost is a little over 7 mill but they will last from lvl 60-99 easily and can be resold for 10 mill+

pricy yes the best investment you will ever make on your bm hell yes
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Joshcja: In HT those bracers so rarely go on the market, if you put it in a cash shop for less then 20 mil it'll be gone in no time.
  • Cute_Stalker - Heavens Tear
    Cute_Stalker - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    oh okay, so you gotta get the light armor, not the heavy armor bracers?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Joshcja: In HT those bracers so rarely go on the market, if you put it in a cash shop for less then 20 mil it'll be gone in no time.

right so...farm the orders for 7 mil...sell for 20 = 13 mill profit and 40 lvls of bracer win
  • Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver
    Animal_Pein - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What are the stats for the DQ bracers? I may get them

edit: nevermind it says on the mold. however, since its a mold i'll need to make it. is it in the legendary forge? and what mats would i need to make it
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    What are the stats for the DQ bracers? I may get them

edit: nevermind it says on the mold. however, since its a mold i'll need to make it. is it in the legendary forge? and what mats would i need to make it

Legendary Armor Forge, under the last tab. Don't Remember off the top of my head, but think it's something like 18 Commander Blood, 18 Sacred Beast Blood (might be off on those...but they're the bloods from 51 and 59 to be sure), and 12 of each mid mat.

...Or around that much at least. X_X

EDIT: And for the record...totally worth the trouble. TBH didn't think I'd notice this much of a difference...
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    go demon

It's not so definitive anymore now that Sage BMs can reach 5 aps while having the defense bonus from Sage spark. But ofc that's speaking assuming the BM in question has the fund for it to happen.

DQ Bracers are godsend if you can get it in 60's and you will be the target of many envy. My Assassin got it in early 80's (yea I actually farmed the orders) and in few levels she can switch to TT90 gold bracers so if I'm asked if it was worth it, I wouldn't say yes. Oh well, at least my archer can have some fun with it when she reaches 60. ^.^
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Protip: Dont listen to lowbie level 81 bms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Protip: Dont listen to lowbie level 81 bms.

Protip: Ignore what'sherface, she probably has less information on BM than lvl 81 who has been on forums long enough to know a heck of a lot of information.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Protip: Ignore what'sherface, she probably has less information on BM than lvl 81 who has been on forums long enough to know a heck of a lot of information.

Protip: go roll an archer or something, you dont deserve to read forums graced by my presence.

Protip II: Learn to look at avatars.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Protip: Both of you reroll PvP server so you can just settle it once and for all. b:chuckle
    It's not so definitive anymore now that Sage BMs can reach 5 aps while having the defense bonus from Sage spark. But ofc that's speaking assuming the BM in question has the fund for it to happen.

There's only 1 thing a sage BM can do that a demon cannot. Tank harpy wraith. That's all.

I lol every time a sage BM tries to Roar me and it misses. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Protip: A lowbie like them meeting me on any server, even if i rerolled on a pvp server, would cause them to wet their pants. In the interest of their personal hygiene, I will not be following through with that request.

on another note, want my autograph? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    1st Steopie if you read enough threads you would know Telarith is also level 100+ (and has been for quite a while) assuming stuff about people when you hardly post on the forums is a bad way to introduce yourself.

although I do agree that the original post lacked alot in the way of explaination, as I believe his intent was to answer a series of standard questions however by omitting said questions he did leave alot of room for people to misinterpret his meaning.

btw about the harpy tanking thing are we sure its not possible for demon? I personally havent tried it yet due to being in a faction without strong enough clerics to survive the aoes, but what HP roughly do you think a BM would need to tank it as demon (assuming constant demon pdef marrow as its a WB and its poison aoe will be purified by spark after 1-2 ticks like emp) I dont believe a 25% damage reduction would be needed if you had enough base hp(although if I do need reduction I could use the +5 def +5 attack blessings).

hmmmmm now im tempted to try it lol, pity im still in exams for another couple of days
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A level 102 wr on a pve server... please teach me your mob killing ways so I too can amount to a random terrible warrior.
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    You have been trolled. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    1st Steopie if you read enough threads you would know Telarith is also level 100+ (and has been for quite a while) assuming stuff about people when you hardly post on the forums is a bad way to introduce yourself.

although I do agree that the original post lacked alot in the way of explaination, as I believe his intent was to answer a series of standard questions however by omitting said questions he did leave alot of room for people to misinterpret his meaning.

btw about the harpy tanking thing are we sure its not possible for demon? I personally havent tried it yet due to being in a faction without strong enough clerics to survive the aoes, but what HP roughly do you think a BM would need to tank it as demon (assuming constant demon pdef marrow as its a WB and its poison aoe will be purified by spark after 1-2 ticks like emp) I dont believe a 25% damage reduction would be needed if you had enough base hp(although if I do need reduction I could use the +5 def +5 attack blessings).

hmmmmm now im tempted to try it lol, pity im still in exams for another couple of days

harpy would be doable with 12k+hp and 25+ def levels
    A level 102 wr on a pve server... please teach me your mob killing ways so I too can amount to a random terrible warrior.

fight not with carebears lest you become a carebear for when you look into the pve the pve looks into you

also main reason i made this was to save me the trouble of answering repetitive threads...just past and post nowb:cute
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's posts like I knew would pop up that make my glitched avatar so useful. Just by people thinking I am low level, shows how little they have read of the forum, which already knew about the various ways to maximize BM efficiency long before everyone else started imitating. Josh was here for that, Steopie by her failed attempt to impress obviously wasn't. That would be why my post still stands.

Go landscaping.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010

After the end of a long string of world bosses, someone notifies us that Harpy is up. Yes, preemptive 'I know he's not a world boss :P'. He has 15k hp unbuffed, 5aps hh100 fists. We try on a whim, epic fail. Instead of finding out what we did wrong or how to better proceed, we find some open map group PvP and call it a day. lol

Could we have found a way? I'm sure. Did we even bother looking into it? Of course not. Group PvP against our enemies is more rewarding than killing Harpy Wraith for some Dragonling Essence that doesn't really do much for anyone these days.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
This discussion has been closed.