How long will pwi remain?

Options
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
I was curious. How long do you think this game will stay up until it's closed?

Because if it is anytime soon i don't wanna be wasting time xD
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It should has a decent amount of time still left.
    ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Extreeme - Lost City
    Extreeme - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    untill all the CSers die
    Keep on troli'n.b:victory
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    untill all the CSers die

^That

Or until the devs neglect the game so much that a large portion of their player base leaves.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It should has a decent amount of time still left.
    ^.^

I agree with this...

Mainly because this game has been around longer then PWI and the others are still going strong b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    Macenza - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    when the year 2011 comes, this game will be long forgotten.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That's a LIE D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    FOevaaaa
    o
    u
    r

Y
    e
    a
    r
    s
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    2012 b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Four words for you:
    Only time will tell.

And a question:
    Why do you want to know so much? Are you expecting a rapid demise coming soon and gleeing in advance, or are you worried about it?
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Four words for you:
    Only time will tell.

And a question:
    Why do you want to know so much? Are you expecting a rapid demise coming soon and gleeing in advance, or are you worried about it?

thats for me to know and you to find out b:laugh
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Or until the devs neglect the game so much that a large portion of their player base leaves.

Once FW comes out, the devs will neglect this game more than they do now and more of the playerbase will leave. I don't expect PWI to last much longer once FW comes out.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    about 15 mins. go go go spend cash!!!!!
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Edited quote - Ary
    +1

/endthread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • KayLinda - Sanctuary
    KayLinda - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    when the year 2011 comes, this game will be long forgotten.

.. and your evidence for this is what?

I mean, solid irrefutable evidence not anecdotal evidence (such as "I know 3 people on my server that left the game last week, ergo, the game must be dying"). Otherwise, I take your comments as just a non-informed opinion presented as fact.
    Since when did the word "fail" change from a verb to an adjective? A character can "fail" (as a verb) or be a "failed" character (as an adjective), but there is no such thing as a "fail" character.

If "Barb" (not "arian") is short for Barbarian and "Veno" (not "mancer") is short for Venomancer then shouldn't we be calling Assassins something other than "sins"?
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    Kaieza - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    One thing Ive come to realize from the last mmo I played for about 6/7 years off and on before switching to this one, yes games change dramatically in several ways from year one to year two, three, four, etc. The fact of the matter is though that PWI is only in its 2nd year(correct me if I'm wrong). It's also arguably one of the better-not "best"-but better, graphically speaking, free to play mmo's out there. More new people start playing this game on a daily basis then most realize. They might not stay forever, but take a look at how long some of the other f2p mmo's have been running. This game has a lot left to offer, even if it does have bugs. No game is bug free-period. Even when Forsaken world is released it will have bugs too. Now weather or not you can play and not be bothered by the fact that this game is cash shop based, and bugs will happen from time to time is up to your personal preference.

On a side note, as far as bugs go, most are only graphic card related bugs. Its usually the integrated graphic cards(which aren't really made for gaming anyways) that tend to have issues. One of the biggest examples being Tideborn face color stays gray/light purple even if you change the body color to blue, orange, etc. They do have a patch for this(Ive seen it, they uploaded it and then took it back out-that's a whole other story in itself b:chuckle), but its still being worked on. Generally quest bugs are fixed in a timely manner.

I think on some levels though, its safe to say Devs aren't under as much pressure as Devs who work for paid to play mmo's due to the fact that-well-players aren't paying a monthly fee. Which is possibly why things aren't fixed "instantly." b:surrender

Aside from everything you read, the best suggestion would be to try the game for yourself. The "free trial" last as long as you want it to, because the game is free (unless you choose to start buying from the cash shop). Do note though that you do not have to buy from cash shop to function in this game. Many players sell cash shop items in world for in world coins. You might not be able to get the item you want instantly, but you can get them. Your basic needs, however, will be supplied from quest rewards, monster drops, or optionally through the crafting system in the game.

Hope this helps anyone interested in trying this game. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Filter circumvention is a banable offence - Ary

really, don't say "Ary"... I didn't circumvent anything , I used the same * to mask the bullcrap. Not all of it, but hey, it's not the first time nor the last. Curious, I was warned only at this post, which kinda' has some sensitive information fro PWI/PVE future

now, for the ones that red that post here is the confirmation that all I said was absolutely right. Long live censorship b:victory

and yeah, since I'm on the subject, I'm going to repeat (maybe in other words) what I said:

PWI will be here at least until next year . It's a dead game is many ways, but it will still survive because people join everyday, some of them are charging gold, etc.
    PW-CN is going fine and well, but that's a special case. PW-CN has a player base probably equal with the rest of the world all together.
    PW-MY-en is what we should look at. From about 4 servers in the glory days if I'm not mistaking, they ended up with only 2 now, a total wipe, new site address, etc.
    Fixing bugs in PWI is not a priority, nor it is for PW-MY or any other version of PW for that matter. By the looks of it, PW is more the ground where new PWE developers are having their training.
    Old bugs are not fixed, and any attempt to do something about them resulted in an array of new bugs introduced. Nirvana is just an eviscerated FB109 Hell from the private servers, with added teleports in some rooms, without mobs and populated with bosses. Nien beast event (or however is called) is just a world boss that's a common encounter in any decent private server. So nothing is new, nothing is developed for PW, is just recycling to keep somehow ppl interested.
    The future of PWE stands in Forsaken World and Heroes of the Three Kingdoms. All the manpower PWE has is working full time on those, because they need to bring them out on the market asap. The heavyweight developers in PWE are working on those games. And they better do and firing out of all cylinders, because this winter and next year spring will be a turning point for MMORPGs.
    PWE income is created by players, and PWI doesn't have the "it" anymore to attract new CC users. They tried to boost the $ charge creating a new PvE server, and they ended up with pretty much a deserted place.
    This winter and next spring the heavy guns of the MMORPGs, the ones that wrote the history of MMORPGs they way we know it today will come out with new titles. PWE doesn't have the game play depth or the payer base trust to compete with those names. So their only chance is to get out on the market before the big boys do, hook up people with the new games and try to keep them through the tsunami of great MMORPGs that will start to come out in about 5 months.
    There is nothing else that they can do about it but hope that being first out there they will grab the payer base that's basically sick and tired of 5-7 yr old MMORPGs and want to try something new.
    It's a gamble they have to take if they want a chance to survive.If they come second in release to those massively gameplay changing MMORPGs that are to come, they will have no chance to survive.

no one said this isn't a nice game for a f2p. But bugs only related to videocard? come on..who gives a **** about (Ary, is that banable too?) a tideborn skin color. There are many bugs in this game that are flushing down the drain a 2-3h "work". Get to 100, try the high lvl instances and then come back and give opinions about bugs and how significant they are

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Censorship sucks.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    5 days

10char
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not one day longer than it was supposed to stay running.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Indefinitely.

PWI is and will always be updated and new content added to keep an interest to current and new players. Even if the population drastically decreases as most who ever can and will find and play PWI have grown tired of PWI or move on to other things, whether online or IRL, servers merges might be possible (at least with those in the same region and PvE/PvP such as DW & RT, HT & Sanc & Arch) and some new content added every so often. Over many more years those too young now will be able to play, but not as many as they're more likely to role-on newer MMORPGs. Still, even when PWI becomes a retro MMORPG, some players who enjoy coming back to old games every-so-often may do so. PWI will probably only close down once there are not enough players to be worth running the servers let alone making any profit out of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    Options

I mean, solid irrefutable evidence not anecdotal evidence (such as "I know 3 people on my server that left the game last week, ergo, the game must be dying"). Otherwise, I take your comments as just a non-informed opinion presented as fact.

i love how ppl research and start blabbering, if u dont want to take my *opinion as a non-informed opinion presented as fact* then take no notice to what i said and go about ur business as u seem defensive.
    This winter and next spring the heavy guns of the MMORPGs, the ones that wrote the history of MMORPGs they way we know it today will come out with new titles. PWE doesn't have the game play depth or the payer base trust to compete with those names. So their only chance is to get out on the market before the big boys do, hook up people with the new games and try to keep them through the tsunami of great MMORPGs that will start to come out in about 5 months.
    There is nothing else that they can do about it but hope that being first out there they will grab the payer base that's basically sick and tired of 5-7 yr old MMORPGs and want to try something new.

u best to read this bit kaylinda, since were not aloud to mention any other mmo names and such, ill respect the rules of pwe and not do so, i realy enjoy my mmos as much as the next, but this game after 5-6 years is realy incredibly boring cos theres never nothing new, just minor things that involve more cleric healing and barb meat tanking while the DDs spam skills, nothing new.

The new mmos coming out in 2011 (which im waiting for) and a few in 2012 (which im keeping my eye on) will make games like this thrown out the window because, this games engien, is totaly worthless, and the devs over at bejing no that them self, anyway, to the evidence bit, just google up "mmos coming out in 2011" or something, easy research.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Considering I can name two very, VERY bad F2P MMO's that have been around for almost 10 years....

I'd say PWI has at least 10 years.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Considering I can name two very, VERY bad F2P MMO's that have been around for almost 10 years.
    I'd say PWI has at least 1 year.

Lemme fix that for you.

This game barely managed to pull 35k facebook votes in like 3months.That means a roughly player base around 10 to 15k players, with 25% alts players.

If you think this game will die soon u are wrong.

This game died about 9 months ago.

Flame on .
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Macenza, game engine =/= everything.
    else we all be playing FPS/TPS games. (As they generally have exceedingly superior gaming engines)
    or real life. O_o real life has teh best game engine yet.
    :3
    except when we start messing with it. o_o'
    b:chuckle
    people still occasionally go back to say......classic Mario or LoZ.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    untill the next mantinance where it will cease to exist for an hour or 2
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Options

if you had more idea about MMORPGs than a chicken crossing the road at a road light you wouldn't come up with that kind of question.
    November -December 2010 and Ianuary - April 2011 will be decisive on the MMORPG market. This is a 3 billion dollar/year business only in USA. If you think companies like NCSoft or Blizzard are just going to sit down and let PWE and other no-name companies roll the cash their way, well, you have another thing comin'...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

=>Secret of Mana
    I was curious. How long do you think this game will stay up until it's closed?

Because if it is anytime soon i don't wanna be wasting time xD

approximately 94.608.000seconds
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When 2012 arrives and we all die...anyone seen that movie? it was so bad!
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Macenza - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Macenza, game engine =/= everything.
    else we all be playing FPS/TPS games. (As they generally have exceedingly superior gaming engines)
    or real life. O_o real life has teh best game engine yet.
    :3
    except when we start messing with it. o_o'
    b:chuckle

occasionaly? i still do b:victory best games ever are the classic legends like them lol
    if you had more idea about MMORPGs than a chicken crossing the road at a road light you wouldn't come up with that kind of question.
    November -December 2010 and Ianuary - April 2011 will be decisive on the MMORPG market. This is a 3 billion dollar/year business only in USA. If you think companies like NCSoft or Blizzard and EnMasse are just going to sit down and let PWE and other no-name companies roll the cash their way, well, you have another thing comin'...

just thought id add that one thats gonna be steamrolling everything out there way coming 2011.

PW has been a great game to me, its just the devs dont do anything, this game has became more unplayable for me as the months have rolled on, ani packs came in, flooded the game with even more gold and easy obtainable gear/molds w/e.
    -20% DQ money with the already boringly low drop rate, average of 18%.

since i stoped cash shoping a while back (only bought minor things every so often, maby sold the rare item for spare change), dealing with this game to keep up with pvp/tw players is more of a chore then gameplay now.