So I'm new to this. And I need help. (:

spankmesilly
spankmesilly Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just came across this website and I'm so confused.
Anyone nice wanna help me and explain this whole thing?
Please?
:D
Post edited by spankmesilly on

Comments

• Tennul - Heavens Tear
    Tennul - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    maybe start off with some questions it would make it easier to give you an answer b:chuckle
  • spankmesilly
    edited June 2010
    Haha. uhm, well let's see here.
    Like what's the point of this whole thing?
    What do you do?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    We are playing perfect world international for fun. b:surrender
    If you know the usual offline rpg at console or PC, PW also a rpg element but these game is online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Tennul - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    if it helps it's like a free to play World of ********....except better b:chuckle
  • spankmesilly
    edited June 2010
    Ha, wait, what do the stars mean? Lol.
  • Tennul - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    basically you make a character you level up meet people go on quests either alone or with other people as well as caves and hard areas(instances) at higher levels mostly at lvl 40+, explore the map, if your into it you could harass people on world chat b:chuckle there's the option of joining guilds or making your own and a lot more stuff to do including getting married, flying around, doing the events etc. lol any more specific questions?
  • Tennul - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    lol it's the name of a really popular online game but i guess they banned the name =/
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Gosh I know how you feel b:chuckle Same thing when I first started playing PWI last summer.

PWI = Perfect World International

PWI is a game made by PWE (Perfect World Entertainment) and the main company is in China but they have produced many games since 2008.

You download PWI from http://www.pwi.perfectworld.com/download and it should take you about 30 minutes - 7 hours depending on your computer/laptop.

There are 8 classes, and here you go!

Winged Elves

-Clerics: The main healers of the game. If you play cleric, you will be the one in charge of healing and keeping people alive in the game. Magic based characters.

-Archers: They're one of the DDs (Damage Dealers) of the game. They hit like crazy with either arrows or bolts and yeah!

Humans

-Wizards: Obviously being magic based, they're all about the elements. They have several attacks and additionally have a heal or two too but they cannot replace clerics. I recommend wizard for new players personally, but yeah. Magic based characters.

-Blade Masters: They are really DDs (Damage Dealers) but they're more complex but very unique. They have stuns (makes things stop moving), and several attacks. Sometimes they tank (take all the damage of a boss (an elite monster) or a mob (short name for monsters/things you kill) but otherwise, they're really nice.

Untamed

-Venomancers: If you see someone running around with ears and tails, they are venomancers! Better known as venos however, they are the only class in PWI that can tame pets and use them against other people. Magic based, the pets are everything. Its by far the easiest class, but can also be very costly if you want to buy a herc or nix (the two best pets in-game).

-Barbarians: They are the official tanks (they take all the damage from a boss/mob) in-game. They can look very cuddly as a panda to scary as a wolf or tiger. I don't personally recommend to make a barbarian as your first character but if you do, pay attention to how more higher level barbarians play the game.

Tide Born

-Psychics: They're very similar to wizards but they're technically a fish... Neat thing about them is that they have the fastest magic attacks in-game (at least that I'm aware of) but I do warn you they, just like wizards, are very squishy (weak, low HP [hit points], etc.)

-Assassins: I have to warn you, the best assassins are the ones who have the quickest mind. They are also DDs (Damage Dealers) but yeah. Personally I would not recommend this class until you learn the game more. To be a successful assassin means to have a quick mind and be fairly intelligent to pull together a string of attacks. They're the only class that can go invisible.

To play this game, you need a keyboard obviously and a mouse. This game is played with the WASD keys because the arrow keys are more for elevation of going higher or lower in air/water.

Hope this helped! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • spankmesilly
    edited June 2010
    Okay, thanks alot. (:
    And whoa, you can get married?
    That's crazy. Lol.
    Doing the events, you mean?
    edited June 2010
    Lol yes of course you can get married in-game! However for marriage, this is required:

-1 guy and 1 girl character (there cannot be same sex marriages due to strict laws in China and the main company is in China so no way they will change it. Not now, not ever)

-Each person must have a wedding pack. Groom and Bride packs are required for each person. A pack is normally 30 gold ($30) but there are occasionally sales for 15-20 gold so yeah

-Level 20+ for each person. Lower than level 20 cannot be married

Once you do get married, you have the "Wife/Husband of ____" over your name and everything. Plus, there are these Marriage Quests that you can do later on!

The most current event right now is the Nien Beast Event for level 50+ characters.

Other stuff in the game includes quests, swimming, flying, etc. b:chuckle

And hahaha no problem b:pleased Glad to help you out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • spankmesilly
    edited June 2010
    Haha Mmkay.
    (:
  • Tennul - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    come play on the heavens tear server we got cookies and spammers b:victory
    edited June 2010
    Oh! I almost forgot to list the servers! Here you go!

PvE Servers (Person vs. Environment)
    Archosaur
    Dreamweaver
    Heavens Tear
    Raging Tide
    Sanctuary

PvP Servers (Person vs. Person)
    Harshlands
    Lost City

Since I'm guessing you're either

A.) New to PWI, but played other games
    B.) New to PWI and any other game completely

I'd recommend you to join a PvE server. Because in PvP when you hit level 30, your name goes automatically white name which means anybody can kill you anytime. Its better known as PK, or People Killing.

Hope this helps! b:cute

Just so I can say it, Raging Tide FTW! b:victory
    (FTW = For The Win)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    -Psychics: They're very similar to wizards but they're technically a fish...

heeeyyy... we are mermen....b:shocked

you can use the arrows for elevation? o-o.... i use z and spacebar
  • spankmesilly
    edited June 2010
    Haha okay, thanks.
    b:cute
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I wouldn't suggest wizard as first character to try, they can be very....tricky if you haven't played before. Blademaster is a good beginner character to get the feel of the game.