mag or vit

Options
LunerXegeth - Raging Tide
LunerXegeth - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Wizard
i all i just started a wiz and i would like to no should i stat more tword mag or vit or a mix of the 2

pls help

~LunerXegeth
Post edited by LunerXegeth - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mag only with enough str to wear weapon/gear

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Like Ursa said you want to go mainly with magic and only a enough strength to wear your equipment. Some wizards throw some vitality in to get a little more survivability but I don't think it's worth it. With each point in vitality you get 10 more hp or you can just add hp stones to your armor and spend the points in magic instead.

If you are really worried about survivability then you could try a light armor Wiz but again I think your severely limiting your damage. Besides if you are that worried about survivability you probably shouldn't play a wizard anyway.

If you don't mind spending a little real life money you can always try out different builds, see what you like, then restat to your favorite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Vit is worth it.
    At 90+ 50 magic points make hardly any difference after pvp reduction but 500 hp can be the difference between being a one shot or not.
    Drop the vit only when 500 hp is non factor to you, eg when you have +10 gear and citrine/savant stones.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    on a pvp server, yeah.
    On PvE vitality doesn't make any sense at all.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you can reach 5k+ hp at 90+ with base vit, the additional mag makes sense in my opinion. If not, I'd go with 50 base vit.

Offtopic: O.O someone got my name with a Luner in front of it. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    on a pvp server, yeah.
    On PvE vitality doesn't make any sense at all.

Not really. Example: FC or gamma is much easier with extra HP + you don't steal aggro *that* much.
    It's easier to tank bosses (done a lot in bh59).
    You can get away with less refined armor and focus on refining weapon = cheaper.

I restatted from 50 Vit to pure at lvl 90 and kinda regret that but soon I'll have more time to play and eventually get enough HP from refines.
    Packs World International
  • Meliko - Harshlands
    Meliko - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I used to have like 40 vit, but I recently restatted to full magic and I find it totally worth it. For me the matk I gained is important. Had to refine some things higher tho...b:sad
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Vit is worth it.
    At 90+ 50 magic points make hardly any difference after pvp reduction but 500 hp can be the difference between being a one shot or not.
    Drop the vit only when 500 hp is non factor to you, eg when you have +10 gear and citrine/savant stones.

When trying to kill barbs every little bit helps. At 90+ a same leveled barb with same leveled gear as you shouldn't be able to kill you. But without all the extra's you can get ( crit, extra mag attack ) you can't kill em either.

Try killing a cata barb without maximum amount of magic....unless you already have a high refined wep. but then again if you can afford a high refined wep, you most likely can afford better refines on armour as well.

The thing is that at higher levels everything gets amplified ALOT even if only 1 extra mag. I see the difference between me and my friend ( who is a casshopper ). He got little more HP and pdef with better refines then me, but still lower magic attack ( i compared when i had aquadash +6 against his aqudash +6 ) Now with my rank 6 and his lunar the difference is INSANE. I got over 1 K more mag attack while he has lunar +10 and i got rank 6 + 5. I restatted all strenght i got from end game gear to magic to hit HARD
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When trying to kill barbs every little bit helps. At 90+ a same leveled barb with same leveled gear as you shouldn't be able to kill you. But without all the extra's you can get ( crit, extra mag attack ) you can't kill em either.

Try killing a cata barb without maximum amount of magic....unless you already have a high refined wep. but then again if you can afford a high refined wep, you most likely can afford better refines on armour as well.

The thing is that at higher levels everything gets amplified ALOT even if only 1 extra mag. I see the difference between me and my friend ( who is a casshopper ). He got little more HP and pdef with better refines then me, but still lower magic attack ( i compared when i had aquadash +6 against his aqudash +6 ) Now with my rank 6 and his lunar the difference is INSANE. I got over 1 K more mag attack while he has lunar +10 and i got rank 6 + 5. I restatted all strenght i got from end game gear to magic to hit HARD

I have 50 vit.. which translates to ~50-100 pvp damage less than pure int (aka nonfactor). I kill plenty of barbs without much trouble.. and 1 magic makes almost no difference.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    im a pure mag build with 17k-17k magic dmg with a cleric buff on me

i love having max dmg and i have 6k hp as full mag so i dont have much time keeping alive when i kill since i pretty much 1 shot anything tho.

but if i changed to like 200 vit id still do like 13-13k magic dmg and have 8k hp unbuffed would be nice for pvp aswell
  • HxCx - Heavens Tear
    HxCx - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i have 50 vit and rest in mag
  • Athelwynn - Heavens Tear
    Athelwynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I went with this build and it seems really good for right now:

VIT: Every other level starting at lvl 12
    STR: Enough for gear
    MAG: Rest in here
    DEX: Keep at base

I have about 7.3k HP with sage buff and 9K Mag Atk base. Also have 7k pdef fully buffed. Hope this helps.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    im a pure mag build with 17k-17k magic dmg with a cleric buff on me

i love having max dmg and i have 6k hp as full mag so i dont have much time keeping alive when i kill since i pretty much 1 shot anything tho.

but if i changed to like 200 vit id still do like 13-13k magic dmg and have 8k hp unbuffed would be nice for pvp aswell
    Can you post your gear? pls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Can you post your gear? pls?

in that calculator site thingi? if so, no i hate messing with that site everything takes so long

just a simple +12 neon with 2 slots, rest of my gear is tt oht and event, filled with +115 gems and +10 vit, (got no single p deff shard in my gear, so i added faw +10 vit for the little p deff it gives) but still got almost 7k p deff
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    in that calculator site thingi? if so, no i hate messing with that site everything takes so long

just a simple +12 neon with 2 slots, rest of my gear is tt oht and event, filled with +115 gems and +10 vit, (got no single p deff shard in my gear, so i added faw +10 vit for the little p deff it gives) but still got almost 7k p deff

long story short $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

its what to aim for endgame but keep advice aimed to people at lower refine grades or at least based off +5 armor +7 weapon since thats the minimum imo for most endgame instances/pvp
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited June 2010
    Options
    long story short $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

its what to aim for endgame but keep advice aimed to people at lower refine grades or at least based off +5 armor +7 weapon since thats the minimum imo for most endgame instances/pvp

ye i rather never farm and go to parties friends beach work etc. and buy my way then sit all day farming for my gear

+ im just a teen no bills or whatever so dont have much worries money wise