Do you do quests? D:

Options

Comments

• Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    b:surrender I do mine too. Granted, I make more of an effort for the culti q's of course but I get to the normal q's eventually. They are good for those early weekend mornings when i'm not quite awake yet b:chuckle and i can get in some grinding time.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I do all mien before leveling up, save half the money that i get from each one, then blow the rest b:victory lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    My quest list is the first thing that I attend to each time I level, so you can say I do all my quests.

For certain quests which might require help, I would wait till I can get the required help.

However, that hay **** quest is still pending for me b:surrender. I am too lazy to make an alt to collect the hay and too cheap to buy it b:laugh.
  • IEpicHealz - Archosaur
    IEpicHealz - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Quest?
    What is a quest? D;
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's basically the first thing I look at when I level up, my quest log. Free exp, rep, items, and cash FTW. I haven't done a BH in about 16ish lvls because of the sheer number of quests I have due to the event.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I still do quests. Quests are for the real story of the game yeah :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I do all of the quests that I got, usually. I am not a BH user, but yeah, there is quite a lack of regular missions at higher levels, and the pay is stupidly low it hurts.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont do any normal quests at all on any chars. I did them on my archer before lvl 90, but there was no BHs, Frost and stuff back than <.<

But now on new chars/alts i kinda do like this to avoid quests:

lvl 1 -15 = Craft Crazy stones

lvl 15-30 = Have to do a few quests here, but i also grind on Hyper Exp since questing around crowded Archo with all the morons is painful

lvl 30-40 = Striped Spider King oracle

lvl 40-50 = Wicked Pirate oracles + 3 daily BHs in fb29

Lvl 50-60 = Tideborn Chain quests gives you pretty much 6-7 level here and than BHs

lvl 60-80 = Daily Bhs, a few Oracle 5 or i go do Public Quest

85+ its Frost

I think lvl 80-85 is the hardest tho, since you're to low lvl for Frost. To high lvl for PQ. Doing BHs sucks and takes ages since its inside fb69. Oracles are far to costly. Questing in general gives you no real exp at all and the item/coins rewards are pathetic. Using hypers and grinding during these levels feels kinda wasted to since you would get 200% more exp if u used same hyper in Frost :(
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There are quests in PWI? Whoooooooah.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think lvl 80-85 is the hardest tho, since you're to low lvl for Frost. To high lvl for PQ. Doing BHs sucks and takes ages since its inside fb69. Oracles are far to costly. Questing in general gives you no real exp at all and the item/coins rewards are pathetic. Using hypers and grinding during these levels feels kinda wasted to since you would get 200% more exp if u used same hyper in Frost :(

Gamma at 80-85. Works pretty fine and definitely better than BH.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I did every quest (even the hidden ones) except "The Punishment", the aptly named "give meh 50 hay!" quest.
    I still need about 95k rep for rank 8... so I don't know what this whole "I do quests for the free rep!" thing I keep seeing is... The only way to earn a significant amount of reputation without buying it is to run as many random fbs as possible, to me this seems like a way to kill the fun of one of the best parts of the game (like bh has basically done to fb instances).

On my barb I still have about 30 quests undone at level 90, and on my psychic I do cultis, dailies and any quest with a coin reward.

The main reason I see to do quests (besides fun, if you enjoy them) is to earn money while gaining exp, with your first character you will need that coin for skills and gear. Yes, you can make your money merchanting, but simply sitting in catshop 22 hours a day and doing your bh/cs to level is boring as hell and won't teach you a thing about how to play the game.

I prefer squad based activities (TT/FC/etc.) to solo grinding, but that's just me.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The main reason I see to do quests (besides fun, if you enjoy them) is to earn money while gaining exp, with your first character you will need that coin for skills and gear. Yes, you can make your money merchanting, but simply sitting in catshop 22 hours a day and doing your bh/cs to level is boring as hell and won't teach you a thing about how to play the game.

This quote is full of Win.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hmm *looks at list 60+ huh :D, closes window* no way im starting doing them now xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is my 3rd char. I dont do quests anymore besides cultivation and instance quests.

Hypers + 2x xp + boutique ftw! b:victory
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kinda sad people are missing out on so much rep by not doing quests, guess people can always cash shop rep, sad the degredation of actully playing your charater has reached this level, everyone just does bh cs wq and mq and then goes into catshop for the rest of the day. oh well

i myself have done every quest that has come up on both my haracters, proud of it infact
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i remember grinding for hours when i was 85 on stoney boogins till i was around 90 b:surrender
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm gonna keep on questing. Though the traveling was getting a bit too much on foot so I bought myself a mount.

Then I'm going to go beyond and grind the old fashion way.

Tell you what else I like about it besides the money you make from it.

I like that it kind of makes you fight *every* enemy in said area. There has not been a monster I have not fought up to lvl25 yet. I'm one of those people that wants to test out all the monsters. So what they can do, and what annoyances they have(that being said, any mob that pops with increased magic resistance can suck my foot man).

I'm on that lvl20-29 cult quest, the really super dupe long one that I'm going to reserve my time off from work for lol.

Considering where I've come from, where they were hardly any quests, or quest/missions that you could never do on your own, I'm quite satisfied with this questing system. It gives me something to do.

and I dont wont to hear "oh you say that now, wait til you get to lvl9x". I love proving that statement wrong. Different strokes for different folks.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yep I do my quests, mainly if I have nothing else to do since BH's get boring really quickly. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I do because I hate having to find parties for BH, especially when I suck as a veno.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kinda sad people are missing out on so much rep by not doing quests, guess people can always cash shop rep, sad the degredation of actully playing your charater has reached this level, everyone just does bh cs wq and mq and then goes into catshop for the rest of the day. oh well

i myself have done every quest that has come up on both my haracters, proud of it infact

You dont make "so much" rep by doing quests. I had about 6k rep at lvl 90 and i had done pretty much every single quest in the log + running several Fbs.

Only reason to even bother about rep now is if you're going for Rank6 - Sages weapon or actually wanna get 200k rep and Rank8. Its a pretty limited group of players who does that and rep from quests will hardly make a difference on the end price. The rank ring is also not useful anymore compared to the free Attendance ring. Barbs and Bms cant even benefit from rank gear in the first place.

I guess people that are going for 35k rep and Rank 6 will get away a couple of millions cheaper if they quested all the way to lvl 90+. How ever questing will make them level slower, which means it will take longer for them to get access to faster ways of gaining rep and coins.

Because the point is, there are far more effective ways to get rep than questing once you get higher lvl. At lvl 100 you get 66 rep everyday from BH2 for example. Or just farm HH for cash and buy rep items. At lvl 100 you can make around 1 mil per hour from Nirvana profit runs. Those money will give you so much more rep than any quests. Or doing PQ 95+, it gives you 70-100 rep each time.

Thats kinda the main problem with quests, the reward from them is no longer proportional to the effort. Should really only do quests if its something you enjoy - because in terms of rep/coins/exp its a waste of time. Just grinding specific mobs that drops loads of mats and DQs is more rewarding than quests.

But a lot of people really like questing tho, and specially if its their first char and they wanna explore the map and meet new people etc. So for them its a nice way of getting to know the game and play their class to.
  • Cyrl - Raging Tide
    Cyrl - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    But a lot of people really like questing tho, and specially if its their first char and they wanna explore the map and meet new people etc. So for them its a nice way of getting to know the game and play their class to.

One of the reasons I do quests is because mindlessly grinding without a goal in mind drives me nuts. With quests I can grind, with a goal.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5843465009&dateline=1276709082[/SIGPIC]
    ~Made by the amazing Forsakenx~

"Hogwarts is full of Communists?!"--Lingie
    "No. I'm actually the reincarnation of a God. Retired. Hi."
    "My life is one whole WTF moment."
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have done 100% of my quests except for harpy wraith, because it wont allow me to turn it in, and those scroll quests.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    To Reshanta: Finally one that understands fully how I roll. Though it becomes a bit discouraging to go with the bare minimum at some time, and thus I left my main characters alone for a while. But there is this sense of pride for hard work that cannot be replaced.
  • V/mpi - Archosaur11
    V/mpi - Archosaur11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'll do quests when I'm close to lvling or need cash, but other than that I avoid them. Oh!! I'll do them during 2x 'cause it's awesome then.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course I do, it's why I level(ed) up so slowly. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    vexord wrote: »
    So, do you do any quests besides Spiritual Cultivation?
    uh ...yes cause it was either grinding for hours and hours or zhenning if u wanted to lvl up fast...

its diff. for pple nowadays tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yobo_kuma - Sanctuary
    Yobo_kuma - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    on my barb yea (almost all, wont do the stupid ones like collecting 50 hay lol), on my alts i do all quest til i hit 70-75 then its just bh,cs and wq + some quests when i feel like it.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Back in the days....yes, I did quests, they were actually fun.

Remember when we had to click a button to see if we had any quests left, it wasnt a list either, just a pop up saying "Go to _____ at XXX,XXX".

Wow, those were the days!b:victory

But now, ehhh, most quests I did at lvl 90+ was just to kill time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Back in the days....yes, I did quests, they were actually fun.

Remember when we had to click a button to see if we had any quests left, it wasnt a list either, just a pop up saying "Go to _____ at XXX,XXX".

Wow, those were the days!b:victory

But now, ehhh, most quests I did at lvl 90+ was just to kill time.

Ew. I do not regret that, as there was no autopath back then. I am so glad that was solved.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not grind quests which require you to kill 80-85 of this or that.
    It's a losing proposition and now with lower DQ item value, it's a total waste of time.b:infuriated
    Generally I'm done with quests. Even quests with items rewards are worth it.
    Quest that award gear; are gear not worth wearing.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]