What Class Should I REALLY Be?

KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I've been trying out venomancer, barbarian, blademaster, psychic and cleric so far; right now I have settled on Venomancer, but as I get higher leveled, I notice that I have to have faster reflexes and target better upon monsters. (IE: Mob > Mob 2 > Mob 3 > Mob to keep aggro)

Right now, I die even before my herc does because I steal aggro from him a lot thanks to me healing, and often times, I can't even click or tab to the mob before I die. So, what class, due to my slow reflexes should I really be?
There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
Post edited by KissAndKill - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you should be the venomancer class that brambles the herc.
    x.x'

me hasn't seen any herc venos have trouble while aoe grinding mobs.
    (>.<)'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I don't have a Herc yet and when I steal aggro from my pet, I kill it before it reaches me because while pet is tanking, I've already gotten the mob to less than 50% HP.

THANK GOD FOR FAR RANGE ATTACKING! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    you should be the venomancer class that brambles the herc.
    x.x'

me hasn't seen any herc venos have trouble while aoe grinding mobs.
    (>.<)'

You mean bramble hood? I can't select the herc and use normal bramble guard (herc already has that anyway.)

I can't aoe same-level mobs they'll slaughter me.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You mean bramble hood? I can't select the herc and use normal bramble guard (herc already has that anyway.)

Can't you try to get pet to attack one mob and then the other and wait for it to keep aggro and then heal pet from time to time and then attack? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Are you actually using the herc's buffs? You shouldn't be able to pull aggro right away just by healing, unless the mobs aren't physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited June 2010
    Are you actually using the herc's buffs? You shouldn't be able to pull aggro right away just by healing, unless the mobs aren't physical.

Yes, they're physical, mostly (2:1 phsy:mag)

when I heal, yes with herc having all three buffs, 1 physical and the other mag will instantly go to me, no matter what. Yes, this is usually because I didn't have the herc attack the other phys mob right away, since I had to heal first, since I'm just that slow.

• DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You can jump over melee mobs. As they approach you, run and jump over them. Rinse and repeat until you shake off aggro or your pet regains it.

If you suffer from a lot of net-lag or have really poor ping-times this would be less effective. Summer sprint is recommended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    I'll stick with veno until 65 or 70, see how things shape up then. If it gets better, I'll stay.

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've been trying out venomancer, barbarian, blademaster, psychic and cleric so far; right now I have settled on Venomancer, but as I get higher leveled, I notice that I have to have faster reflexes and target better upon monsters. (IE: Mob > Mob 2 > Mob 3 > Mob to keep aggro)

Right now, I die even before my herc does because I steal aggro from him a lot thanks to me healing, and often times, I can't even click or tab to the mob before I die. So, what class, due to my slow reflexes should I really be?
    dont play a cleric if your reflexes are slow. You will feel like you have 5 more hercs to take care of with uber low HP

how bout bm?? archer??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    dont play a cleric if your reflexes are slow. You will feel like you have 5 more hercs to take care of with uber low HP

how bout bm?? archer??

Maybe later on, but early its more like a Golem or two, a Scorpion, an Eldergoth and a Frog I'd think. XD;;;
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited June 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You already have a herc? Just stick with the veno. It's not that hard AoE grinding with a veno, especially a herc. You should be having no troubles at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Nyura - Dreamweaver
    Nyura - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010

With any class you will need to focus and have good/fast reflexes, but with loads of practice you'll get better. You should pick a class that you are good at or you can try each class to see which would be a good choice for you.

Read up on your class before playing that way you know what your getting into.
    Keep your veno since you have a herc already.

Good luck with which ever class you pick. b:bye
    Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless.
    edited September 2010
    If you're still looking for more AoE/Reflect/Herc/Veno grinding tips, guides, etc, send me a message on here and I'll send you this giant text/guide I have.

It sounds like you like AoE grinding. So get a BM and focus on AoE skills, damage, defense, and vitality. Soloing, you can't get very large groups, maybe 5 mobs max. But if you get a good cleric (and possibly a veno passing by to just bramble you so that the cleric doesn't get aggro all the time) you can take on more.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ^You had to have been tired when you posted that =p.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you're still looking for more AoE/Reflect/Herc/Veno grinding tips, guides, etc, send me a message on here and I'll send you this giant text/guide I have.

It sounds like you like AoE grinding. So get a BM and focus on AoE skills, damage, defense, and vitality. Soloing, you can't get very large groups, maybe 5 mobs max. But if you get a good cleric (and possibly a veno passing by to just bramble you so that the cleric doesn't get aggro all the time) you can take on more.
    pro necro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The kind that doesn't play this game.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
This discussion has been closed.