Is it possible to play wizard without spending real $?

Comments

• Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's a fact that wizards are the biggest fail at PVE instances, except for zhenning like instances. They should give wizzies more utilities to the squad, but this will never happen. So stop QQing and roll another class to get money for your wiz, if you don't have friends or factions you can leech on.
    Wiz=pvp and thats it.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If I knew 2years ago, how this stupid packs change balance in game I would never pick up wizard. Truth is without hard cash you have no chance as wizard. We even cannot farm TT like melee classes with fist,claws etc. We are not necessary like clerics. It mean no money=poor gear=very weak.

i maked 1st a archer to 100 before and during i lved the archer i made stone quest and wq day by day with wizz too.

i dont got this probem cause i go to tt with archer and to gv/pk with wizz :)

it was obviosly if somebody check the skills and the forums the wizz the most less needed for tt/lunar etc. alot ppl do veno alt or something before/during lv up a wizz.

fact easier kill a archer with +7 armor and +10 weapon than a wiz with same eq if u got low refined eq so wizz have advatange too :)

with tw u gain money too and wizz tw oriented .
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's a fact that wizards are the biggest fail at PVE instances
    Yet when I point this "fact" out (well not really but you get the point) I am called a QQer that doesn't know what he is talking about. Of course not as exaggerated as yours ("biggest fail"), but similar idea.

So, the real question is, is it wrong for me to ask/demand from the devs to improve wizards in this aspect?
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Well, if wizzies fail hard, are next to be totally useless, and blow eg are the biggest fail in PVE, it doesn't matter, because they have great potential in PVP, and put in that way, I am not QQing lol.
    Maybe you are called a fail QQer because you QQ you can't kill anyone lolz.
    Anyway mages are 1337. thats all.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Mind you, I'm mostly complaining about mages in PvE and DPS.
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Lol then it's fine. ;D
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    funny because i get asked a lot to run instances....b:shutup
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    yeah, me too. Mostly when ppl are missing a tank, lol.
    Being able to tripple spark 3-4 times in a 2 minute span might have a role in that d^_^b

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Lol so everything's fine isn't it? wiz are 1337 4eva b:victory
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Definately lol. I never ever used real money for this game, and I got to 100. Also refused big presents from my rich (ex-)cashshopping hubby, so yes it is possible.

However, I'm not the best wizard there is. My armor is no better than average, my wep is just +6, and at some points it will be difficult to play a wiz without real cash.

Good luck.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Also refused big presents from my rich (ex-)cashshopping hubby, so yes it is possible.

>.> you are nutz
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Definately lol. I never ever used real money for this game, and I got to 100. Also refused big presents from my rich (ex-)cashshopping hubby, so yes it is possible.

However, I'm not the best wizard there is. My armor is no better than average, my wep is just +6, and at some points it will be difficult to play a wiz without real cash.

Good luck.
    You see? You never use real money and you have just average gear. Of course every1 can get to lv. 100 without money. But then in PvP you are very weak. And all events and fun depend on your gear. Nien events= you need strong attack= super refine weapon, Dragon temple = need super gear to survive to get some prices, because lot of morons from strong faction there, City of abbomination= I don't know never was there but I think it will be the same, All fun at the end game needs super gear or you will be depressive. b:chuckle Is no fun at end game without real money, because every noob will kill you with +12weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    >.> you are nutz

i know i know xD but he's my rl bf (like we actually see eachother in real life, not only skype and such) and I just dont like depending on others for things like armor and money, wanna work for them myself.. I know I know, its stupid and makes my wizard life even harder but mweh xD It's just a game after all. I'll just make him buy me earrings.

@ Mumintroll:
    pk: wont do it till my gear is better, you are right about that
    TW: do it and love it. I die fast, yes, but I still am able to kill things, and I can ofcourse try to hide a bit, and stay behind others. I am no fail in TW.
    nien event: true, so far I never got higher than 6th wiz.

and it is no fun? o_O if it was no fun i wouldnt play anymore. I like playing my wizard, and doing things with friends ingame, even with average equipment I can do them. Being able to understand your wizard is also important, and I often get compliments that I know what I'm doing, and am often asked for instances. Even with average gear.
    And I just need to work for good gear, instead of just buying some gold and spending it on whatever I want. Working for what you want makes you more proud when you finally have it, in my opinion. Also, most of the cashshoppers I know (not all ofcourse) look down on people that never used real money. I dont even want to be one of those.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    People that use $ usually can reach those dream gear in no time.
    Then farming a lot faster than people that not use $.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited June 2010
    People that use $ usually can reach those dream gear in no time.
    Then farming a lot faster than people that not use $.
    b:surrender

Exactly and better gear = more fun, more quickly killing mobs, gather TT instances, much better prices from events etc. = more money. It's circle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You see? You never use real money and you have just average gear. Of course every1 can get to lv. 100 without money. But then in PvP you are very weak. And all events and fun depend on your gear. Nien events= you need strong attack= super refine weapon, Dragon temple = need super gear to survive to get some prices, because lot of morons from strong faction there, City of abbomination= I don't know never was there but I think it will be the same, All fun at the end game needs super gear or you will be depressive. b:chuckle Is no fun at end game without real money, because every noob will kill you with +12weapon.

have bigger fun when u lure a mob to another guild and send a target to them and do bids from behind? XD

that aoe water debuff is great and far ebtter than udine XD
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ionno about you guys, but I haven't cash shopped and I was getting first place wizard in the event.b:surprised

I know one of the top wizards only had a +6 CV wand and they got in the top 5 just about every single time. Oh, and gear refines in a place like HH really doesn't make a huge difference in time unless its a huge difference in gear.
    edited June 2010
    Ionno about you guys, but I haven't cash shopped and I was getting first place wizard in the event.b:surprised

I know one of the top wizards only had a +6 CV wand and they got in the top 5 just about every single time. Oh, and gear refines in a place like HH really doesn't make a huge difference in time unless its a huge difference in gear.

Of course. It would be shame if you with rank 8 wouldn't be first1.b:chuckle
    And if you didn't used real money you are miracle. Not every1 can get same as you.
    Same about merchandising. Some people can be very rich, but some people will be poor. The balance has to be on both sides, because money not coming from anywhere. Is like in RL some every1 cannot be rich and is much more poorer people than richer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited June 2010

You also started back when gold was 100k.. and had most of your gear before prices went through the roof. Then farming rank 8 wasn't done overnight either. You can be a good mage without cash shop.. but you need a few things going for u :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The whole point of my post wasn't about me, its about a wizard with a +6 CV wand has beaten a wizard with a +12 CV wand, and people with rank/nirvana weapons. Something like the event isn't all about gear, its about how smart you are at doing it.

Sure I may have +10 rank 8, but back when I was doing the event I was beating people with nirvana, rank 8, and +12 CV wands 1000~2000 points before.

I didn't get so many more points by having a better weapon than them.
  • Kylin_bank - Harshlands
    Kylin_bank - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If the money you spend is worth it or not varies alot on how you value your money. Take for example one of those Lunar rings that ppl sell 50-60 mil. On my server, gold is currently at 450k ish so that would make 111+ gold which pretty much means 111$. Is that worth it? Not to me... Id rather pay for university... depends on your income and priorities in life. You can be good without cash shopping but it is an aweful lot harder...

And that new event seems rigged for cash shoppers to win like Nein beast >.>

no offense but $111 is not going to get you anywhere near a university
  • DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide
    DizzieLizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The point of this thread was if it was possible to do without CS, not can i be the top dog on server or have highest pvp ranking.To sum all your statements even if you do pay and buy packs and refine aids you still have to dedicate alot of time ingame.
    (Just a note on refining: lvl12 costs 10140 dragon orbs or 1825 gold at dorb sale; and yes i know its not the right way to do it but i like the numbers)
    By all means support the game but paying for gear is not everything.
    Playing wizard is fun and you shouldn't miss it.
  • Xv_Knight_vX - Archosaur
    Xv_Knight_vX - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well playing as a wizard is very hard at some time am a wiz from archasour it took me like 20 days to take my wiz to lvl 70 and i didn't spend any real money in this game while i got my every single piece of armor is legendary or tt or 3 star my total armor got 16 flawless garnet imbuned around 20+ refinement in all over armor.Nor i did grinding neither i played like a nerd.You just have to be smart enough how where and when u spend money on item.So playing as a wiz is not that hard as people mention it.
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well playing as a wizard is very hard at some time am a wiz from archasour it took me like 20 days to take my wiz to lvl 70 and i didn't spend any real money in this game while i got my every single piece of armor is legendary or tt or 3 star my total armor got 16 flawless garnet imbuned around 20+ refinement in all over armor.Nor i did grinding neither i played like a nerd.You just have to be smart enough how where and when u spend money on item.So playing as a wiz is not that hard as people mention it.

You got to level 70 in 20 days!!!!????
  • Zeelia - Raging Tide
    Zeelia - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Grind hardcore on other accounts and use the coin system to send it to them if they are in dire need, tis what I do. But other than that I enjoy playing wizzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Shrugs, it's not like that is very hard to do anymore. i leveled my BM from 1-30 in 1 hour, then from 30-40 in another hour. After that oracles/BH's up to 65 on pirates. from 65 to 70 in two days on PQ ( fist BM = first place in PQ ). I was like level 70 in 1 week.
  • Xv_Knight_vX - Archosaur
    Xv_Knight_vX - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    well i didnt oracled at all and i really dont believe that u did lvl 40 in 1 hr without oracling.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    can be done in about 2
    making stones for CS for a higher lvl char. Someone posted somewhere on forum , how just combining stones for about 1h got to lvl 20, but was during X2

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Calm down . . why so serious ?
    It's not strange anymore counting . .
    Scarlet Fruit, Oracle, Hyper exp Stone, Crazy Stone, Bounty Hunter, World Quest, Frost, and some other.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Calm down? Wasn't that kind of reaction.

Anyway, I started playing about two weeks ago after stopping for about a year and heard that it's easy to get up to 60 or so, but dang! Took me roughly 6 months to get to 70. Didn't think things had changed that much, though!

Were you playing all day every day straight?