HA Venos Guide to TideBorn Challenge: Blood Combat

Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary
Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Venomancer
Begin the challenge by speaking with Goshiki in Dreamweaver. Complete the journey of traveling around the world, during which you will meet up with Dizzy.

Upon completion speak with the Tide Elder and begin the coming of age quest. Note you must be lvl. 51 in order to take the quest.

As a veno you should have no trouble clearing through the challenges of Courage, Strength, and sacrifice etc. Keep in mind the Staunch Worms are not affected by magic spells so allow your fly pet to do the work.

After a series of back and forth challenges and a few boss eg. General Fang (near Tai Chi shore)
You should be at lvl 55+ at this point and back in Etherblade to speak with Dizzy about Goshiki's decision. She will ask you to promise to protect Goshiki and a new challenge will soon begin.
This Challenge will require you to do it alone and you CAN NOT BE IN A SQUAD.

Before you click confirm exit the conversation with Dizzy Summon your pet Preferably a tanker such as GW or Herc. Also be sure to have the highest lvl heal pet and move Befuddling mist (skill) to an area you will not happen to click on it. Reason being if Befuddling Mist (skill) is used during the challenge it will cause you to aggro all the mobs near you which will lead to your over all death.
Once you are ready speak to Dizzy once again and take the challenge to aid Goshiki.
Hot Battle

Once the challenge begins you will have a 30min timer that starts the instant you are ported in. Stand where you are and wait for Goshiki to appear speak with him and he will ask you to help kill 15 Undead soldiers.

As a HA veno you will have an upper hand in comparison to the other builds. Due to our ability to attack quicker in Fox Form also the use of Amp. Damage and the ability to survive if you happen to pull aggro.

Have your pet attack one Soldier at a time. My method in this order: Amplify Damage, Spark Eruption, then Leech, attack, attack, heal pet.

This method seem to work quite well and one mob should not last you longer then 15-20 secs.

Once you complete the first round of 15 you must run back and speak with Goshiki (I suggest throwing on Summer sprint at this point, because time is of the essence)

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/adrammelech1/UndeadSolders.jpg
The Last Wish

Difficult Affairs

Upon speaking with Goshiki he will then summon Tide Born warriors to aid in the battle. At this point you have to wait about 40secs before your part in this challenge begins. During this time take the time to heal you pet, lower your blood pressure and move towards your next target(s)

This Time around you will have to kill 15 Undead Officers.
When there is about 10-5 sec left on you wait clock begin Killing an officer. You should have roughly 20mins left to finish these 15 Officers off. Keep in mind that they have more health and will pose a greater challenge.
During these battles keep a close eye on your pets health because it will quickly drop every now and then.
If by this point you have built your HA veno correctly (correctly meaning your magic attack is still high enough to not worry about how many times you need to heal your pet)
You should be able to heal 2-3 times to bring it's health back to full then after this you commence with the attack.
During this battle: Amplify damage will not work and the Undead Officers will resist it's effect. b:shocked
Do not fear with Spark eruption, Stunning Blow (Veno Stun), and Fox Forms quick attack speed you should be okay.
Never the less I found this challenge slightly difficult but nothing a good HA build couldn't pull through since this battle focuses on the amount of damage you can do to quickly move on to the rest of the mobs in order to clear the 15/15 count.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/adrammelech1/UndeadOfficer.jpg

Once all is said and done return to Goshiki.....
You will be ported back and receive
120120 xp
30030 sp
49500 coins and 10 mirage stones.

Mob. lvl Element Life Exp Sp

Undead Soldier - 55 No elements 22000 370 74
Undead Officer - 55 No elements 27000 370 74
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker.
Post edited by Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Well, this is a cool story but really the mobs aren't hard to beat at all, just do the regular stuff : pet tanking veno dd/healing, you don't need to be HA at all to succeed. Just have a decent tanking pet with an aggro skill -_-' And still 30 min is enough time to make it easy.
  • Cornelia_Ue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Well, this is a cool story but really the mobs aren't hard to beat at all, just do the regular stuff : pet tanking veno dd/healing, you don't need to be HA at all to succeed. Just have a decent tanking pet with an aggro skill -_-' And still 30 min is enough time to make it easy.

Hmm never said it was hard nor that you had to be HA to do it. Being HA helps because you don't have to worry about your health dropping if you pull aggro.

Also the time you are given is not necessarily 30min due to the fact that before you arrive in the room your timer starts.

But this post is manly to show yet another thing that a low lvl HA Veno can do. b:cute
    Also it's alittle messed up that a skill that isn't an aoe will aggro all the mobs in the area if used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Befuddling mist is an AOE... a directional, short range AOE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Azazel - Dreamweaver
    Azazel - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ....I always thought HA veno only good endgame, early game they suck. Is it true? =/
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    Higher repair bills, filling up your inventory with alternative equipment pieces, killing a bit slower? Yeah, sort of sucks. Tanking Farren at 44 for a faction cleric's BH? Win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Befuddling mist is an AOE... a directional, short range AOE.

Epic fail on my part. Still i find it odd that a directional short range aoe would ago a ton of mobs in my perimeter. Maybe they wanted to play "pin the tail off the veno"

Higher repair bills, filling up your inventory with alternative equipment pieces, killing a bit slower? Yeah, sort of sucks. Tanking Farren at 44 for a faction cleric's BH? Win.

b:cry I must be missing something i have yet to have a high repair bill and have not been affected by slow killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    overall a nice clear and informative post - even for those who are not venos - yes it is not a difficult mini instance but it's still nice to see guides going up instead of the usual QQs and flames.

GL with your HA build Cornelio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2010
    b:cry I must be missing something i have yet to have a high repair bill and have not been affected by slow killing.

If you're meleeing in fox, you're putting more damage on your weapon than if you were casting, just because of the faster attacks. It's not going to make for huge repair bills, just a bit higher. However, my HA/AA did some 2-1s with faction while in her upper 40s-low 50s, and her main weapon broke/was about to break during/right after General Feng (4th boss) which made for 13k repair bills (almost all for weapon repair.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2010
    Awe thank you Shulkie I appreciate the support b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ....I always thought HA veno only good endgame, early game they suck. Is it true? =/
    it depends on one's concept of endgame. to my own experience only the 2X were the hardest levels and everything turned to be really easy after 39. item planning and stat distribution is never easy though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • BKenoCSdog - Harshlands
    BKenoCSdog - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Funny thread is funny.
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I am currently trying out a HA veno but instead of focusing on equal lvl HA armor and as high as possible weapon, i try the other way around.

At a really low lvl u experience both low mp and low hp to withstand anything, but if u fight in fox form u don't get too much trouble with the mp, and at low lvls pet will most likely take ur agro. So far my healing ability suck compared to my AA veno b:chuckle

If u run with a full set of both AA and HA gear in ur invitory, u will constantly have 5 slots filled . but repair bills r not that bad compared to my lvl unless i go selftank everything instead of letting the pet.

Also i have always been wondering why it doesn't say in the skill info that mist is an aoe skill =/ took me by surprise the other day (i have never been in aoe range of it on main yet =P)

But back to topic great guide =) will deffinatly use it when i reach that quest ^^
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited June 2010

If u run with a full set of both AA and HA gear in ur invitory, u will constantly have 5 slots filled . but repair bills r not that bad compared to my lvl unless i go selftank everything instead of letting the pet.

It would actually only be 4 slots filled mainly and 5-6 if you can freely switch out rings. I dont have a full arcane set yet, but i have rings that switch out, from physical attack to magic attack.
    Also i have always been wondering why it doesn't say in the skill info that mist is an aoe skill =/ took me by surprise the other day (i have never been in aoe range)

I couldve sworn, awhile back it said it was an aoe... well not exactly say, but sorta hinted at it. Something like "While in foxform, confound the enemies with a bewitching fog, etc."
    Notice the "enemies" part. But, now when i looked at it, it doesnt even say.
    >.<