Is there any reason to go pure DEX?

Xhye - Heavens Tear
Xhye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Assassin
I can understand sins want more DMG, but I noticed that sins are dying more often due to aggro stealing and they become scared while they use their bows... Why go pure damage as a melee class when we already have high damage?

I think VIT assassins are better than DEX ones.
Post edited by Xhye - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I can understand sins want more DMG, but I noticed that sins are dying more often due to aggro stealing and they become scared while they use their bows... Why go pure damage as a melee class when we already have high damage?

we dont have high damage. the high damage sins are -int sins and if they're smart enough to have int they should be smart enough to stay alive.

if a skill spamming sin is ripping hate from a barb, that barb needs to reroll
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Noob question: what is "-int"?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    in the end game, the VIT sin will have 1300 more HP than the pure DEX sin, but, the pure sin will have +5% crit and 500 + hit (depends the weap)....
    I'm pure, cause the 1300 of HP, u can get refinig ur armor or imbuing some stones...b:laugh

b:victory
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Noob question: what is "-int"?

-interval betwen hits :D
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Ask lv 90+ dex assassin is they a solo grinding machine or not ? b:surrender
    They might not need other class healing skill and potion, because bloodpaint always recover their hp quickly.
    Yes . . when each time you crit, it heal your hp for more than 300 . . b:cold
    About hp well you can use refines and shard, without sacrifice your offensive power.
    If not you may want go vit until you reach high lv then reset to dex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    in the end game, the VIT sin will have 1300 more HP than the pure DEX sin, but, the pure sin will have +5% crit and 500 + hit (depends the weap)....
    I'm pure, cause the 1300 of HP, u can get refinig ur armor or imbuing some stones...b:laugh

b:victory

She is correct, but remember that 1300 HP cannot be made up for. With the same armor and refines, you still will have 1300 more HP. Just remember though it is your choice. Both builds have their advantages, the most important being the 1300 HP of Vit (or 9 sockets for stones) and the 5% crit on Dex, which also cannot be made up for. Not only is that 5% more crit the Assassin has naturally with Dex build, but becomes 7% more with Powerdash. However, that 1300 HP can be the difference between death by critical hit from a boss and life (at lower-mid level range), and having 1xx+ HP left after the crit. It is up to you, so just go with whatever build you find best for you. Vit will allow you to take hits normally you couldn't, while Dex will give you a better chance to crit, roughly 33% better chance (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, 33% of 15% crit is 5%, the difference between pure Dex and Vit).

Don't make your decision though on the ability to maintain low aggro. Even on my Vit Assassin, I was still able to steal aggro fairly easily from a Barb. Like all DD classes, you just have to know how to control it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Loupu - Harshlands
    Loupu - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2010

if you go vit,then you wont have much dmg
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I view it this way (metaphor time)

Your hp pool is a big bucket of water. Damage is a leak. Blood paint is a cup that can refill the bucket back up. Death happens when the bucket runs dry.

The more vitality you have the smaller your leak (more def from vit, slightly) and the bigger your bucket (higher hp pool) but the smaller cup(blood paint) will have a harder time refilling the bucket.

The more dex you have the bigger your cup will be for refilling that bucket. End game, your bucket and cup are big enough it should rarely ever run dry because your cup can almost always refill it fast enough. Plus, the faster you kill things the less time you experience a leak. Also, why have more hp and less damage if your blood paint can't keep up with refilling that hp?

Got it children? I'm gonna go get a towel, I have bucket water everywhere.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • TunaBreath - Heavens Tear
    TunaBreath - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Any pure build of DD can gank aggro if they don't understand how to operate in a squad. Don't blame the build, blame the damage junkies who's only explanation on why they pulled and died is that the tank is fail. (not saying it's never true mind you.)
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I view it this way (metaphor time)

Your hp pool is a big bucket of water. Damage is a leak. Blood paint is a cup that can refill the bucket back up. Death happens when the bucket runs dry.

The more vitality you have the smaller your leak (more def from vit, slightly) and the bigger your bucket (higher hp pool) but the smaller cup(blood paint) will have a harder time refilling the bucket.

The more dex you have the bigger your cup will be for refilling that bucket. End game, your bucket and cup are big enough it should rarely ever run dry because your cup can almost always refill it fast enough. Plus, the faster you kill things the less time you experience a leak. Also, why have more hp and less damage if your blood paint can't keep up with refilling that hp?

Got it children? I'm gonna go get a towel, I have bucket water everywhere.

Thats from a PVE perspective. From a PVP perspective, you want to know how much does it increase your chance of winning. 1300 HP is how much of an increase to your HP percentage with refines and gems? The extra crit, the damage, evasion, and accuracy is how much of an increase to your dps percentage?

At end game, I think they are both about the same. Just a matter of how you like to play. Kill faster or take more hits.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thats from a PVE perspective. From a PVP perspective, you want to know how much does it increase your chance of winning. 1300 HP is how much of an increase to your HP percentage with refines and gems? The extra crit, the damage, evasion, and accuracy is how much of an increase to your dps percentage?

At end game, I think they are both about the same. Just a matter of how you like to play. Kill faster or take more hits.

Isn't how assassin play is dealing damage as fast as they can ?
    With all those disable assassin has, it's not hard to make target stay where they stand to receive critical or 5aspd.
    Isn't most assassin just goes stealth and do surprise attack ? And go back stealth if failed ?

The only times i can think assassin not go pure dex is for TW. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...