I need cleric wisdom! (for lvling)

Blinkx - Harshlands
Blinkx - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
Ok build wise and skill wise, what is the best way for leveling? Ive been sticking to pure mag and 1 str every other level but if there is a better way i'd like to hear XD. Skill wise has been primary buffs first as well as Vanguard as most important and whatever is left goes to magic shell and the others. If there is anything i can do to help me get through these quests faster and level faster while being able to still being awesome at pvp b:victory (actually no skip that im not worried about that XD) then please throw in some suggestions!
Post edited by Blinkx - Harshlands on

Comments

• threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Full MAG, and Cyclone / Plume Shot spamming.
  • Blinkx - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    ok like i wasnt doing that already b:laugh , what about the HP problem? is there anything we can do about it or is it just something to struggle with?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If there is anything i can do to help me get through these quests faster and level faster while being able to still being awesome at pvp b:victory (actually no skip that im not worried about that XD) then please throw in some suggestions!

Charge your credit card, buy fastest aerocraft, buy pack that has chance for scarlet fruit (forget the name), +12 your current weapon and armor, make all your armor 4 socket and weapon 2 socket, buy the best shard at your lv, pay someone unbelievable amount of money to do everything you need to reach high lv.

Of course that was a joke.

Just do every quest that give you exp and spirit and maybe join squad that looking help for fb 19. b:bye
    About hp if you pure mag, you might want to refine or shard your gear with citrine. But that was not really needed at low lv, so just careful about your survive ability.
    By the way you might want to try solo qingzi at lv 4x and solo bh 39 at 5x :P only if you want tho . .
    (need practice and preparation but not need charm)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Blinkx - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    unbelievable amount of money hu b:laugh , im mean.....b:shocked yeah does the FB quest give a decent benefit to those who help?
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ok like i wasnt doing that already b:laugh , what about the HP problem? is there anything we can do about it or is it just something to struggle with?

Actually, since you're a cleric, HP is the last thing you need to worry about, since you have heals and buffs.
    But if you want your HP a little higher, change your build to 1 vit 1 str 8 mag every two levels.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
    edited June 2010
    unbelievable amount of money hu b:laugh , im mean.....b:shocked yeah does the FB quest give a decent benefit to those who help?

It give you exp, spirit, and reputation. You really need spirit as cleric since many of your skill rushing to be upgraded.
    (though in the end actually it's not cleric that used the most spirit if compared with other class)
    Earning reputation is very important if you aim for rank items or sage weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blinkx - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    ok so will a pure mag cleric be able to solo a HUGE hp'ed boss at 4X? And its not that im worried about my survivability now its just i wanna make sure i can survive monsters at my par. If ill be ok ill just wait to get a mystic tomb at a high lvl along w/ shards but if not i might reconsider my build
    edited June 2010
    ok so will a pure mag cleric be able to solo a HUGE hp'ed boss at 4X? And its not that im worried about my survivability now its just i wanna make sure i can survive monsters at my par. If ill be ok ill just wait to get a mystic tomb at a high lvl alot w/ shards but if not i might reconsider my build

Actually many cleric unable to do that, lol. b:chuckle
    But some that want to play cleric to the fullest were able to do that, just chose boss that have ranged attack. (since most of the time ranged attack from boss is slower)
    You need to use IH to keep recover your hp after receive damage, as pure mag you has stronger IH but lower hp.
    If you looking on cleric forum there a thread of a great cleric solo all 3 boss at BH 39 at the same time. o.0

Oh btw you were in harshland, that was pvp land be careful of PKer that like to keep killing you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threepointone
    edited June 2010
    ok so will a pure mag cleric be able to solo a HUGE hp'ed boss at 4X? And its not that im worried about my survivability now its just i wanna make sure i can survive monsters at my par. If ill be ok ill just wait to get a mystic tomb at a high lvl along w/ shards but if not i might reconsider my build

If you want survivability, go full VIT.
  • Blinkx - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    If you want survivability, go full VIT.

you guys and your sarcasm b:laugh
  • threepointone
    edited June 2010
    you guys and your sarcasm b:laugh

You and your sarcasm.
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    When I started that was the first build I went for, my heals were great and everything but my hp wasn't. Capped my vitality at 50 and shard all my gear with garnets, now I can survive a lot more than with pure build. I hit a lot since my tomes and everything but not everyone can afford them.

Just get help at lower levels and when you start leveling up you won't need it (that often). Don't shard your gear with citrine, they just give you hp but, what good is it if whenever you get hit while having IH you lose more than you heal? Go for garnets.

Gl b:victory
  • Michibiku - Heavens Tear
    Michibiku - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    When I started that was the first build I went for, my heals were great and everything but my hp wasn't. Capped my vitality at 50 and shard all my gear with garnets, now I can survive a lot more than with pure build. I hit a lot since my tomes and everything but not everyone can afford them.

Just get help at lower levels and when you start leveling up you won't need it (that often). Don't shard your gear with citrine, they just give you hp but, what good is it if whenever you get hit while having IH you lose more than you heal? Go for garnets.

Gl b:victory

Personally, I have used until lvl90 almost pure citrine for my armor, but I suppose everyone has a different style, so if garnets work for you, then great. ^^
    I don't follow any build, I make one up on a need basis, if my attack seems lacking, I add magic, if I need a bit of extra hp, I add vit. But basically:
    no dex
    str only for armor/weapon
    add mostly magic
    put a few points in vit every now and then
    However, to compliment the low vit, I wear armor that has either +vit or +hp, and stack my armor with hp shards, and after about lvl60, I also refine for the extra hp. Occationally, I add some physical def shards on armor (very few though) or have armor that has +phy def
    This actually makes it very easy for me to survive, and because of the higher magic, my healing is really good, so that mean, even with physical mobs, my stacked IH surpasses any damage that I take, so I think it is pretty good for solo. Also the higher hp is great because I can catch myself if I make a mistake, or start healing late.
    Basically at lvl 91, I have 4980hp with unbuffed physical def of 1667. Basically with buff, I can solo anything that hits me for 1600 a hit or less(if it hits this high though, I heal more than I attack)
    I don't like to PvP, but I have done duals, and I usually win, as long as they are not archers(ouch). I think as long as you don't get caught by surprise, you should do okay in PvP, but if you are caught by surprise, being a cleric, you won't do too well with any build b:surrender

To lvl faster, max out ironheart and your buffs as well as plume shot and cyclone. This is what you will use the most, and maxing them is vital to surviving. (Get purify, you don't need it maxed though) I suggest aoe skills also, if you want to aoe on poison mobs. Plume Shell can be go in tight situations too, but you need mp pots if you want to use it. Drains mp fast.

Hope that helps :) Good luck!
    Cleric 9x
    > Michibiku
    Veno 8x
    > Michi_
    Barb 7x
    > xFireWoodx (computer 2)
    Cleric 6x
    > Midoni (computer 2)
    Wizard 5x
    > Shirushi
    Assasin 2x
    > Hoseki
    Archer 2x
    > Hikari_Rei
  • Blinkx - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Personally, I have used until lvl90 almost pure citrine for my armor, but I suppose everyone has a different style, so if garnets work for you, then great. ^^
    I don't follow any build, I make one up on a need basis, if my attack seems lacking, I add magic, if I need a bit of extra hp, I add vit. But basically:
    no dex
    str only for armor/weapon
    add mostly magic
    put a few points in vit every now and then
    However, to compliment the low vit, I wear armor that has either +vit or +hp, and stack my armor with hp shards, and after about lvl60, I also refine for the extra hp. Occationally, I add some physical def shards on armor (very few though) or have armor that has +phy def
    This actually makes it very easy for me to survive, and because of the higher magic, my healing is really good, so that mean, even with physical mobs, my stacked IH surpasses any damage that I take, so I think it is pretty good for solo. Also the higher hp is great because I can catch myself if I make a mistake, or start healing late.
    Basically at lvl 91, I have 4980hp with unbuffed physical def of 1667. Basically with buff, I can solo anything that hits me for 1600 a hit or less(if it hits this high though, I heal more than I attack)
    I don't like to PvP, but I have done duals, and I usually win, as long as they are not archers(ouch). I think as long as you don't get caught by surprise, you should do okay in PvP, but if you are caught by surprise, being a cleric, you won't do too well with any build b:surrender

To lvl faster, max out ironheart and your buffs as well as plume shot and cyclone. This is what you will use the most, and maxing them is vital to surviving. (Get purify, you don't need it maxed though) I suggest aoe skills also, if you want to aoe on poison mobs. Plume Shell can be go in tight situations too, but you need mp pots if you want to use it. Drains mp fast.

Hope that helps :) Good luck!

:-D it helps, do u use a tomb and how much does it cost? I figured i could use that to cap my vit :-D
  • Michibiku - Heavens Tear
    Michibiku - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    A tome? No I have no good one at the moment, they are way too expensive, even the lower ones are a few mil, and for it to do me a lot of good, I would have to get a higher lvl tome that gives a lot of hp. (I have the one you get at lvl 80 from the supply stash)
    Also I don't use charms. Just sesame and jiaozi (mp/hp recovery items)
    Cleric 9x
    > Michibiku
    Veno 8x
    > Michi_
    Barb 7x
    > xFireWoodx (computer 2)
    Cleric 6x
    > Midoni (computer 2)
    Wizard 5x
    > Shirushi
    Assasin 2x
    > Hoseki