New Assassin here and Questions I haven't seen posted.

ShadeyEX - Lost City
ShadeyEX - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Assassin
Hey all, Sh4dey the merman here (pronounced as Shadey).
I've played many mmorpg's and I'm a natural stealth classed player, I prefer being a thief over a warrior/archer/mage, but most mmoprg's don't have stealth, but this is the first time seeing a good or reasonable stealth class in a while so that's my sole reason for being here in PW. Interesting enough I'm a fish so this is kind of a new experience.

I studied as much as I could about the assassin class,and it's basically like a glass canon.
High powered but easily shattered, especially during low level.
Aside from the countless but good skill guides I see here, I don't see any of playstyle guides. Since every 5 words someone is saying "people can't play their assassin right" and the such, it makes since to think there should be a playstyle guide here somewhere right? I can't find it.

So what is the right playstyle of an assassin?
I obviously see stealthing your target and killing quickly is the core thing of an assassin, but what is the difference between a good assassin and a fail assassin in pvp, squadding for a quest, or just beating mobs?

I would like to know the strategy behind the assassin at low levels too not just high lvl's.
That gets so annoying going through guides and only seeing lvl 60+ tips and tricks, a level 19 assassin can't spark combo into kick-**** mode. Puntcure > sting > stream > T.knife is the best I got pal.

People also say assassin's run alot. I don't see how running saves you, even though I've seen many PK vidz on youtube of them running around in circles around the target player.
I tried this tactic in a duel and with mobs... and failed. Is this like a fancy show-off thing or an actual technique I'm doing wrong?

I still don't know much about PW, but from playing and reading forums, Assassins have a hard time being accepted into squads, why? Is being a little squishy that bad?
Post edited by ShadeyEX - Lost City on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So what is the right playstyle of an assassin?
    I obviously see stealthing your target and killing quickly is the core thing of an assassin, but what is the difference between a good assassin and a fail assassin in pvp, squadding for a quest, or just beating mobs?

I would like to know t he strategy behind the assassin at low levels too not just high lvl's.
    That gets so annoying going through guides and only seeing lvl 60+ tips and tricks, a level 19 assassin can't spark combo into kick-**** mode. Puntcure > sting > stream > T.knife is the best I got pal.

People also say assassin's run alot. I don't see how running saves you, even though I've seen many PK vidz on youtube of them running around in circles around the target player.
    I tried this tactic in a duel and with mobs... and failed. Is this like a fancy show-off thing or an actual technique I'm doing wrong?
    What they doing by running on PVP is making time for preparation to attack again or save them self from being killed by melee class. On mob it's no use to running around except when you almost died fighting melee mob, lol.
    I still don't know much about PW, but from playing and reading forums, Assassins have a hard time being accepted into squads, why? Is being a little squishy that bad?
    Not the squishy part i guess, but :
    - Some people stubbornly hate assassin because they think assassin is Over Powered (spark while stealth is OP if you ask me)
    - Some people hate assassin because they were a tideborn
    - Some people hate assassin because most of assassin player were very annoying people
    - Some people say assassin player because most of them is noob (power lv them self to high lv, which ended with they dunno what to avoid or to do when in a squad)
    - Some people especially archer hate assassin because from the skill assassin dominate archer on 1vs1 pvp (at last on general view i see so far)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I studied as much as I could about the assassin class,and it's basically like a glass canon.

Yes and no.

Yes: they have LA armour, which will kill them at endgame.

No: they have stealth.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010

High powered but easily shattered, especially during low level.

Don't worry 90+ assassin with proper gear + blood paint = grinding machine
    But since you say "especially during low level", i guess you already know that. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • sumel007pl
    sumel007pl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I'm lvl 51 sin.
    Here are some tips I can give you for low lvl pve (I don't pvp yet, sorry).
    Untill you are 29 I'd recomend using puncture wound+slipstream strike+normal attacks. That should kill mobs pretty quickly.
    What I've done after 29 is completelly stopping investing puncture wound (I have it at lvl 5 now), so I have SP for other skills: slipstream strike, rib strike, and (IMO most important) tackling slash. Tackling slash is your (or at least my xd) bestfriend. You have to remember one thing. When you immobilize melee mob and you run right into him (or shadow jump) he can't attack you. With tacklign slash's ~7 seconds immobilization that gives plenty of time to kill it. And even better! You get 50 chi with each tackling slash. So what I'm doing is spark+tackling slash+shadow jump (or if low on chi/shadow jump in cooldown then run to mob)+normal attacks.
    Just one note: this doesn't work on ranged mobs (but tackling slash is still your best friend because it stops them from running).
    Another note: against increased life/defense enemies I'd do the same and after ~6 seconds (right before tackling slash is going to wore off) I'd use rib strike+slipstream strike+finish with normal attacks.
    Another note v2 xd: deep sting is great against aggresive enemies with spells (while you run into them they start casting. And putting them in sleep instantly interrupts casting).
    And one more note: 'till you gonna pvp I'd leave all stealth skills (shadow escape, shadow walk) at lvl 1 and the ones that increase awarness/stealth lvl at lvl 0.
    Oh, and about bloodpaint: always buff yourself and your teammates with it, but don't lvl your bloodpaint. Lvling it only increases duration (and 15 minutes is enough IMO). Just leave it at lvl 1.

^ that was about solo pve

On instances (FBs/BHs etc.) your priority is to keep other squishies alive (note: most important is to keep cleric alive, then other squishies) 'till tank notices that they draw aggro. Make good use of shadow jump, tackling slash, and deep sting. And when everything is fine you should do your DD job + debuff mobs with ribstrike.

That's what I was doing, and it works. I didn't see anyone calling me fail sin etc., I lvl fast, I have fun from game ^^.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Wow, an intelligent question.

You came into the game at the right time. Sins and psychics came out in Dec/January and are just finding their place in PWI. They only just got their sage and demon skills two weeks ago, as well as a few new skills because their skill tree was incomplete for 6 months.

They have great growth, starting out overly squishy with moderate power and become reasonably durable with amazing damage and a life steal type skill. End game is where its at.

Most people have realized their value as a pvp class but people haven't fully explored the pve aspect yet. A few reasons for this:

They're stats are cookie cutter, but play style is versatile as heck.
    They are almost a soloing class, but not really. Best at DDing 1 mob then crowd control.
    People are still exploring their new skills.
    Rumors that they were made OP for quick leveling as a new class, but that PWI would weaken or fix this later (personally don't see this happening, but never know).
    DD centered classes are wiz, psychic, BM, Archer, and Sin so its just another "go poke
    something" class when squaded and will be till people find a solid niche for it.

I like the class, have a level 40 myself, and would love to see playstyle guides.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • saer1
    saer1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ** every sin in this game\ 50% of pwi are sins...sins are over power cuz of the sins i believe wizard class is dead..... this is bullshiit....i quit this game just cuz sins are over power..yes i am mad now cuz my wiz cant even hit sin, sins keep stun ppl...sin can stealth and come right next to me and am wiz this is my 100% problem.(idk about grammar)
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    14-month necro :O
    Someone did quite a lot of digging to being up this old fossil.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
This discussion has been closed.