Untamed wrath vs Alpha male

Options
Partypooper - Harshlands
Partypooper - Harshlands Posts: 329 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Barbarian
Wouldn't it be better to get Untamed wrath instead of Alpha male since that frees up genie points for other skills? You wont lose bramble every time either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=763662
Vote for Onions!
Post edited by Partypooper - Harshlands on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's better to have both.

Alpha Male works in either tiger or humanoid...great for emergencies and no mana cost.

Untamed wrath only works in Humanoid form, cost 400 mana...pretty expensive.

I use them both depending upon the instance, circumstance. I prefer alpha male though, since there is very little cast time and I don't need to worry about mana regen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Untamed wrath generates like... almost no aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually untamed wrath generates a pretty decent amount of aggro, it simply lacks the forced aggro of alpha male. Alpha male works a lot more like roar, while untmed wrath simply builds aggro like devour/penetrate sans the additional damage based aggro.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was under the impression that untamed wrath just builds aggro, while alpha male/roar reset aggro onto you....am I wrong?

Anyway I'd agree its best to have both - Untamed Wraith has too many limitations/requirements.
  • Cirax - Dreamweaver
    Cirax - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I find Untamed Wrath unhelpful in PVE, as the aggro built is little and it has to be used in human form.

I find the skill is more useful in PvP for interrupting channeling. It has a bit of range too so it's nice to stop nuke spells, zhens, and revive (prevent enemy clerics in TW from reviving their allies).
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

~Albert Einstien