Worth Playing???

BirdDry - Archosaur
BirdDry - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Is this game worth playing??? lol. I picked a zen thing up in wallie..and I started playing but you cant even see your helmet////everyone seems WAy to chill, like no public chat/////and idk how to use half the stuff. lol

is PW worth playing ppl????
Post edited by BirdDry - Archosaur on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sure but not on Archosaur server. Come join Lost City where the place never sleeps. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Is this game worth playing??? lol. I picked a zen thing up in wallie..and I started playing but you cant even see your helmet////everyone seems WAy to chill, like no public chat/////and idk how to use half the stuff. lol

Here's an easy way to find out if a game is worth playing:

Before playing it, check the forum. If it's filled with people saying how much the game sucks and all the problems it has, like this one, then the answer is no.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2010

u cnat see the cape either

EDIT: above post+1
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear
    SloppyJoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Take the negative responses with a grain of salt. Every MMO forum has it's share of doomsayers and unreasonable cry babys who cannot adapt to change.

Just try the game to see if you like it.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Try it out yourself. All people have different opinions. If you do not like it, just uninstall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Vixennia - Raging Tide
    Vixennia - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    And of course always remember...if the QQers and complainers hate it so much then why are they still playing???

If it sucks don't play. End of story.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't pay too much attention people badmouthing the game at all times.

Try the game if you really feel like it, but do not expect too much at the beginning. You could check for others' feelings in the forums, but do not take them literally as some could be very jaded with the game (only relating to bugs and frustration). Just discover what PWI has to offer and you could have good surprises, with that simple way of approaching things.

That said, if you plan to play in the long run, as for everything, things could bore/annoy you in the end, as for all, since it's the human nature to look for the 'greener grass on the other side of the fence'.

I like the game a lot myself, but I take breaks once in a while.
    And of course always remember...if the QQers and complainers hate it so much then why are they still playing???

If it sucks don't play. End of story.

Indeed!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Is it really a reason not to play if you dont know how to use half the stuff?Thats known as "learning"
    Archosaur is the most recently opened server so its empty compared to the others.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Before playing it, check the forum. If it's filled with people saying how much the game sucks and all the problems it has, like this one, then the answer is no.

I would guess from your reaction that you don't read forums for other games. I have played at least a dozen MMO's, from F2P, P2P, Insanely old, and brand spanking new, and out of those dozen MMO's (not to mention the dozens more I have researched) and in all those games I think I have found a total of 2 games where the forums are not primarily filled with people saying how much the game sucks in one way or another.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I would guess from your reaction that you don't read forums for other games. I have played at least a dozen MMO's, from F2P, P2P, Insanely old, and brand spanking new, and out of those dozen MMO's (not to mention the dozens more I have researched) and in all those games I think I have found a total of 2 games where the forums are not primarily filled with people saying how much the game sucks in one way or another.

I'd rather ask the advice of unbiased MMO reviewing sites or close friends. 'Try the game and scout ahead; if it fails, thank you for your sacrifice. If it's enjoyable, I MIGHT give it a try'. b:victory
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Is it worth playing? No. It did certainly used to be. This was once the best free mmo out there. Now however, ever since they started putting things in the cash shop that should not be there, causing the game to become horribly unbalanced, its no longer worth it.

Not to mention players making prices unbearable if you are a new player.

I have not logged onto this game in months and doubt I will again.

I should change my sig...
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I've told myself I wouldn't post in this thread because of how controversial the topic is, in my honest opinion because I have played this game since the game started, this game is no longer worth playing. But for someone who newly wants to try this game out, I've found several threads for the OP where people asked similar questions:

(a) Worth returning?
    (b) is it worth installing?

Next, you should read up reviews by outside sources like these:

(a) IGN PC
    (b) Gamespot
    (c) Game Ogre

But please do consider the dates in which the reviews were made. With that said, you need to consider the new things in this game like the introduction of the Head Hunter & the daily bounty quests. After you hit level 30, you are given these daily bounty quests along with the crazy stone daily. With these, you'd be able to level quickly.

Most of the gamer community is friendly and helpful. As a new gamer, you can always hit up the Beginner's Guide section and post new threads with questions concerning the game if you can't find it through the "Search" option. If you wait about 20 minutes, someone with more experience will most likely have answered the question for you.

Now as many people have stated, this free MMO has a cash shop. Concerning how much you need to spend, you'd have to look at these threads:

(a) Cashshopping: Required?
    (b) Is spending money a requirement for success?

For the gamers who have played this game since the beginning like myself, we believe that this game is going downhill. But for the newer players who have never experienced the 90-100k per 1 gold, they would think this is a good game in terms of the cash shop. No, you don't need the cash shop if you want to be an average player who wants to enter this game for fun. But if there is anything more advanced you want, with the in-game market economy as it is, you will need a bit of start up coins (which can be obtained through real life cash).

The GMs of this game appear from time to time and there are the occasional fun events, but sometimes those turn into lag fests. We usually have a weekly maintenance update every Tuesday night PST time. But even with the weekly maintenance, there are some glitches or bugs to the game that has not been fixed for a very long time.

If you're able to ignore all of the problems, you would most likely be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery and characters that this game has to offer.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
    edited June 2010
    The people who use the "Economy" as a reason to think this game is going down hill have never apparently played other versions of this game where botters and gold farmers control the economy. QQ I can't get gold anymore for 100K. Would you rather have it at 800K-1200K instead?

Inflation in these types of MMO's is inevitable, much like real economies.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2010

*giggle* All game forums are just like that! Actually, I'd be more pleased to find a thriving active forum for a game, even if the negativists are more vocal than others, than a dead forum.

All I'd recommend is to pick your server carefully.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Inflation in these types of MMO's is inevitable, much like real economies.

your real life experience must fail then

rl economy inflates obviously, but then the government "attempts" do something about it to stabilize it and bring it back down, in PWI that government does nothing to sort the gold prices out.

so there is a big difference between rl economies and PWI economies
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I will say this and end the thread (in my mind anyways)...

Download the game

Update the Client

Log-in

Create a Character(s)

Start playing

Try a different class if you find the first mediocre

Ask questions after searching the forums for an answer

Decide if you like it

Continue playing or uninstall

* Really it is that simple. Haters will hate and I can assure you that every one person has at least one thing they do not like about the game. The thing is though that you need to decide for yourself whether it is right for you or not. I personally did not like the game and thought about quitting more then a few times but as I leveled I found more and more things I enjoyed about it. There is a great community here, both on the forums and in-game. I have some issues with recent additions and the game has insanely changed since the beginning, but it is for you to decide, not anyone else.

You make the choice....b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Don't get arrogant and turn off the hints in the beginning. They start basic, but pretty much explain everything you need to know once it continues.

Also, the ones who quit the game, or talk about how bad it is, are the same ones who were doing it 1, 2, 5, 8 months ago as well. Now if a game can have someone still hang around to badmouth it after they decided it sucked 8 months ago, must mean it's a pretty good one. Or the bad mouthers hanging around are stupid/have no life.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited June 2010
    your real life experience must fail then

rl economy inflates obviously, but then the government "attempts" do something about it to stabilize it and bring it back down, in PWI that government does nothing to sort the gold prices out.

so there is a big difference between rl economies and PWI economies

Yes, my experiences must fail, (whatever that means).

Hamburger 1960's : 10 cents
    Hamburger 2010: $6.00

Gasoline: 1990: $1 Gallon
    Gasonline: 2010: $3 Gallon

So keeping gold farmers and botters out of the game (compared to different versions) isn't keeping the gold from being 800,000K+ ? Sounds like a reasonable way to control inflation (gold to coin inflation that is).
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Is it worth playing? No. It did certainly used to be. This was once the best free mmo out there. Now however, ever since they started putting things in the cash shop that should not be there, causing the game to become horribly unbalanced, its no longer worth it.

Not to mention players making prices unbearable if you are a new player.

I have not logged onto this game in months and doubt I will again.

I should change my sig...

I agree every word.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]