I Want To Pk Lots When I Grow Up

EternalPower - Harshlands
EternalPower - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Barbarian
ive been playin for bout a year but have only gotten to lvl 30 due to lots of alts just to explore other races/classes. i think im gonna go with the barb due to sweet tanking, high defence, and sheer awesomeness b:laugh . BUT i also want to be a pkin' son ofa' bi-dog thing. so i went all around many fansites and found many bias posts on how archers and wiz'z r the better pkers. so im wondering should i stick with barbds or go back to my alt archer? and P.S. if i stay with the barb, wat kind should it be and why? ive been thinkin of a panda bc i havnt had one....that wasnt a fail. but if i do the panda, his name will be "I_LUV_BAMBOO". but the wolfs look so damn badass. tigers make more sense bc of the turning into a white tiger thing (even though i dont think this is a reasonable reason lol) anyway thankx a bunch peeps

PSS IM A TOTAL NOOB b:cryb:surrender {sorta}
Post edited by EternalPower - Harshlands on

Comments

• OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    o.o a year? Um well high offence? You wont experience that with barbs in the beggining to mid...its end-game where barbs can become tanks. Are you willing to get to that level?

Have you thought about assassin?
  • EternalPower - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    o.o a year? Um well high offence? You wont experience that with barbs in the beggining to mid...its end-game where barbs can become tanks. Are you willing to get to that level?

Have you thought about assassin?

my bad meant defence :P
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You are aware that being a pker (if your gonna go red) is a level killer. unless you have oodles of oracles or have Jesus leveling your account for you ur gonna be a slugb:surrender
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You are aware that being a pker (if your gonna go red) is a level killer. unless you have oodles of oracles or have Jesus leveling your account for you ur gonna be a slugb:surrender

Not sure Fuzzy can follow your logic there... what you mean level killer? Only way it detracts from your level is if you find it to be a lot of fun and spend the majority of your time trying to pk people instead of working to gain exp...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Assburger - Harshlands
    Assburger - Harshlands Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not sure Fuzzy can follow your logic there... what you mean level killer? Only way it detracts from your level is if you find it to be a lot of fun and spend the majority of your time trying to pk people instead of working to gain exp...

Well i could be talking out of my cute little **** here, but if your red it's kinda hard to go out and do quests and grind cuz about 5 minutes once your out ppl will try to kill you while your busy doing something else. Unless Power wants to pk pinkos or something...that's another thing. But i mainly hear this stuff from experienced players that were in top factions...

But if your like lvl 97 and red, eh. idk i'm sorta stumped.
    Harshland's everlasting cleric L.uckyrose and damn proud of it

Should be back very very soon...two weeks from now at most b:bye
    ~Pst...imma girl barb ;-P
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Um.... the real XP isn't gained by going out and grinding or questing. It's in instances lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Littlemerman - Harshlands
    Littlemerman - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Firstly your forgetting that assasin's are a pk class, they have around the same ammount of critical as archer and avoidability...b:victory
  • EternalPower - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Firstly your forgetting that assasin's are a pk class, they have around the same ammount of critical as archer and avoidability...b:victory

yeah but they have almost no aoe skills (i havnt checked the patch yet though) and dont have as much range than the arch. the thing i does have is stealth. theyre only good at pking 1v1 but not if ur crashing a zhen party and have to kill the others that are loookin for u.
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I think we're getting away from the real point here xD

All he was asking is

1.) what barb type he should go as, not build but pure look (personally biased towards tiger barbs : P)

2.) out of which class, archers, wizards or barbs make the best endgame pkers

This is more subjective, because it all depends how you play the damn game. Obviously if you go up against a demon La mage you'll kick his **** endgame, but if you go up against sage bids from a wizard? your toast. Each class has it's own strength's and weaknesses and it's not just about oh what class is good for pk, what comes down to it, any class can be the best pker it's up to the skill of the player and how they use their class.
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • LordBaldor - Heavens Tear
    LordBaldor - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    also it has alot to do with your armor/wep. if u dont have top of the line stuff u will not do that good ageinst a guy with abit less xp in pking if his armor and wep towers over yours. atleast from what i have heard... still pretty new to this game. from what i have read barbs dont seem to do to good agenst phy and some wiz dont take my word on it tho.
  • Kuromeru - Raging Tide
    Kuromeru - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    this is kuro barb from city of the lost. I picked the wolf cuz the wolf is so bad **** and im lvl 51 at this reply and am struggling cuz i want that bad **** pker mode around lvl 90 i feel u if u want a panda but i like wolfs. i say stick with with barb clerics are need for spamming but barbs are where its at. or u can do like me and work on both with two pc's lol. peace from california. we know how to party. (tupac and Dr Dre)
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The above post literally made me LOL. Thank you!
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    this is kuro barb from city of the lost. I picked the wolf cuz the wolf is so bad **** and im lvl 51 at this reply and am struggling cuz i want that bad **** pker mode around lvl 90 i feel u if u want a panda but i like wolfs. i say stick with with barb clerics are need for spamming but barbs are where its at. or u can do like me and work on both with two pc's lol. peace from california. we know how to party. (tupac and Dr Dre)

So basically...
    LOL.
  • Loika - Raging Tide
    Loika - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Panda Barbs are definitely the coolest barb. :D