Options
didi
didi Posts: 49 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
its pretty easy

day 1
- get bh1
- complete bh1. hand it in
- get bh2 (do not complete bh2. do them the next day)

day 2
(with bh2 in quest list)
- get bh1 (bh1, bh2 is in quest list)
- complete bh1 & bh2. hand them in
- get bh2, bh3. (do not complete bh2, bh3. do them the next day)

day 3
(with bh2, bh3 in quest list)
- get bh1 (u now have bh1, bh2, bh3 in quest list)
- complete bh 1,2,3. hand them in
- get bh2, bh3 (do not complete the new bh2, bh3. do them the next day)

Day4
- repeat day 3

Day 20
- repeat day 3

By stacking your bh, you will save alot of time & coins. By having bh1, bh2, bh3 in your quest list already, it will mean that you:

- u wont have to fly back to head hunter to get your next bh2 or bh3, &/or save coins of up to 20k per bh chain from porting or stoning fee.
- u will complete your bh chain in less then half the time. That mean a 1 hr chain will only take 20 mins to complete now.
- for bh 79 linus chain, you won't have to check which door is open because u can kill the bh boss in any order. That means u can kill stygean first for your linus chain
Post edited by didi on

Comments

• Spaz_Oracle - Lost City
    Spaz_Oracle - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Also makes it less annoying to squad members who stack their bhs.

I'm constantly finding squads where everyone needs to port in and out and reset the cave 10 times before everyone is done with the cave. b:cry
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Old news; List of all Bounty Hunter Chains (bottom has this topic covered. Also there's been many other threads as well.

Also you set it up wrong;
    didi wrote: »
    its pretty easy

day 1
    - get bh1
    - complete bh1. do not hand it in

day 2
    (with completed bh1 in quest list)
    - hand in yesterdays bh1, get level 1 bounty order.
    - get bh1 & 2
    - complete bh1 & bh2. do not hand it in

day 3
    (with completed bh1 & bh2 in quest list)
    - hand in yesterdays bh1 & 2, get level 1 & 2 bounty orders.
    - get bh1 & 2 & 3 (u now have todays bh1, bh2, bh3 in quest list)
    - complete bh 1,2,3. ONLY hand in bh3

Day4
    - repeat day 3

Day 20
    - repeat day 3

Fixed it for you. The problem with the way you stated, is you'll always have todays BH1, but yesterdays BH2 & 3. This can cause a problem when the chains dont match up and the people doing todays full chain dont want to do a boss that you have.

A quick example; Yesterdays chain is Fushma > Rankar > Myriad. Todays is Zimo > Fushma > Rankar. In your setup, you'd have BH1(Zimo-Today) > BH2(Rankar-Yesterday) > BH3 (Myriad-Yesterday). Good luck getting everyone to stay for Myriad when they're done. The way i changed your version, you'd have todays full chain.
  • didi
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've seen other similar threads, and have wanted to bump them back. I didn't do that because most of those threads were long which meant that people would have needed to spent abit of time to read and understand it. I don't think most gamers are that patient which could very well be the reason why most people don't stack their bh even though it is so simple yet have so much to gain from it.

The intention of this thread therefore was to keep it as simple and clear as possible so that the majority can easily get started with min amount of effort.

And yes you can stack them in different ways, and yes one one may not be suitable for another particular chain. And yes theres even more to gain from stacking your bh which this or other threads have not yet mentioned.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Fixed it for you. The problem with the way you stated, is you'll always have todays BH1, but yesterdays BH2 & 3. This can cause a problem when the chains dont match up and the people doing todays full chain dont want to do a boss that you have.

A quick example; Yesterdays chain is Fushma > Rankar > Myriad. Todays is Zimo > Fushma > Rankar. In your setup, you'd have BH1(Zimo-Today) > BH2(Rankar-Yesterday) > BH3 (Myriad-Yesterday). Good luck getting everyone to stay for Myriad when they're done. The way i changed your version, you'd have todays full chain.

What I do is get 2 full chains on my quest log. The one from Qianji and the one from Drake.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wish more people would stack their bhs. Yesterday, bh79 took over an HOUR because everyone had to run around and turn theirs in. Annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is really annoying tactic after people are done with bh51's and move on to bh59's. They might have totally different bosses than others. For example: Todays chain is Qianji, Zimo and Drake. Then one member has bhs from 3 previous days, and has Pyro, Gluttonix and Ofotis. Annoying and waste of time.

Same goes for BH69's and 79's. Just stick to up to date bhs please.. Of course other, even better way would be everybody using this tactic. Though it will never happen, so it would be good if everybody used the same, traditional tactic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is really annoying tactic after people are done with bh51's and move on to bh59's. They might have totally different bosses than others. For example: Todays chain is Qianji, Zimo and Drake. Then one member has bhs from 3 previous days, and has Pyro, Gluttonix and Ofotis. Annoying and waste of time.

Same goes for BH69's and 79's. Just stick to up to date bhs please.. Of course other, even better way would be everybody using this tactic. Though it will never happen, so it would be good if everybody used the same, traditional tactic.

Your not getting the point, if you do this daily you are doing JUST that day's quests
    example, day one was brig-linus-styg and you just did brig and didn't turn it in. Day two was brim-brig-linus you did brim and brig but didnt turn them in. The following day you now have all the chain, say that day three was linus styg and brig.. you do all three. on day 4 you get day 4's quests (say its brig-linus-styg again)

you are talking about people who dont do thier bh's every day and have old BH1's .. totally different issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OmegaThree - Heavens Tear
    OmegaThree - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Alas, not everyone reads the forums and some people just don't get it no matter how many times you explain it. b:surrender
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Alas, not everyone reads the forums and some people just don't get it no matter how many times you explain it. b:surrender

Sadly it's true -sigh-
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

Yeh, the overall intelligence level in this game (or at least on HT server) seems very low. I tried explaining this to folks a couple-few months back ( http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=633472 ) and only recently has it caught on enough to actually find randoms to squad with. Most people just drooled and blankly stared when it was explained. b:surrender
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sorry that I have to bump this but it's not even one week old so I guess it's okay. Earlier Darksylph said that her method is better than the one OP suggested. If I use it and hand in the yesterday's BHs, will I get the continuation from today's chain? So if I have BH I Qianji and BH II Zimo completed yesterday and then I hand those in today when the chain is Drake-Glutt-Ofo, will I get Glutt and Ofo?
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    - signed!

I will also start pure stacking squads b:victory
    If people are not allowed to hand in during a BH run b:cry
    (non stackers will get kicked from squad, most likely before start).

More players will start stacking i believe. b:pleased

- and no, i don't care if players get angry with me for this ...
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Took me a couple of trys to set this up correctly. I'm not sure what the problem was. If the procedure is hard to grasp, perhaps these two rules will help:

One. Never turn in a BH the same day you run it.

Two. Strive to make only one trip per day to the Head Hunter (before you run your BH).

I did my setup for BH29. My stack cleanly transitioned to BH39. I did not have to go through setup process again.
  • didi
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Sorry that I have to bump this but it's not even one week old so I guess it's okay. Earlier Darksylph said that her method is better than the one OP suggested. If I use it and hand in the yesterday's BHs, will I get the continuation from today's chain? So if I have BH I Qianji and BH II Zimo completed yesterday and then I hand those in today when the chain is Drake-Glutt-Ofo, will I get Glutt and Ofo?

Yes, u will get glutt & ofo today.

If you hand in yesterdays bh1 & bh2 today (doesn't matter which boss they were), u will get toadys glutt & ofo. You should also be able to get todays bh1 also assuming that no other details were left out.
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lmao i dont like this idea of stacking bhs.
    would loose 2 days of time to hit the next X0 lvl quick.
    2nd if u really save 30 mins of time u got a slow **** squad, i usually only need like 3 mins to get out of bh and back + running make it 5 mins (and im a slowass runner wiz) so delay of 10 mins for not stacking bhs

if u dont really have those 10 mins for playing a game, u should stop playing
    cause u probably get into pwi and treate pwi like work.

and saving 20 k? lmao wht????? go kill 10 mobs to get 20 k

really i dont know why ppl flame about 10 mins + 10 mobs
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    2nd if u really save 30 mins of time u got a slow **** squad, i usually only need like 3 mins to get out of bh and back + running make it 5 mins (and im a slowass runner wiz) so delay of 10 mins for not stacking bhs

Sorry but this is wrong.

I've helped on BHs that literally took longer to do wined + turn-ins, than to do unwined + stacks. It might be true that you are able to make that turn-in trip in 10 minutes or whatever, but even then you should have considered it would be 20 minutes total (2 turn-ins). Most random people seem to go A.D.D. and take 15 minutes or more to do their business, or choose to fly instead of teleport.

Also, you save a lot of time when you don't have to make allowances for the boss order. Especially in BH79. For instance, have you noticed those parties that must check doors and reset 5 times before they're satisfied? Or have to walk the long way to kill Linus, then back to kill Stygean, then baaaaaaaack to kill Brigand?

But here's my personal favorite: When my people and I do BHs in 79, we pull both bosses off that platform and AoE them, or simply rush the whole platform. Good times, and you non-stackers are missing out on that.

No, but seriously. Stack BHs. There is no way that you can ever show that not stacking is better than stacking.
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    might be true for checking door what i mean is in total 5 mins for 1 turn in that makes 10 mins in total.
    anyways would still loose 2 days.

anyways i wouldnt need to run back to styg since i tele out, just need to run twice to brig/linus, if its not the long way i need to run here its still like a 3 -5 min walk seriously, u play a game and complain about a couple of minutes.

but u might be right if its about dungeons where u cant port directly to center of archo
  • didi
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Took me a couple of trys to set this up correctly. I'm not sure what the problem was. If the procedure is hard to grasp, perhaps these two rules will help:

One. Never turn in a BH the same day you run it.

Two. Strive to make only one trip per day to the Head Hunter (before you run your BH).

I did my setup for BH29. My stack cleanly transitioned to BH39. I did not have to go through setup process again.

A simplified rule if i'm not wrong could be:

1. don't hand in bh2 the same day you get it.
    (a bh2 that is ready to be handed in must be atleast 1 day old)

2. only hand in bh2 if both bh1 & bh2 are completed & are handed together.
    (bh1, bh2 are both completed at the same time & handed in at the same time)

If these 2 rules are followed, you should be able to get bh1, bh2, bh3 in your quest log easily.
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

No, you only loose three of six Bhs in two days.

And it's a problem. A Faction member and I almost always clean all the cave till the boss, when the other squad members just start appearing at the dungeon's entrance (not all ppl are faster than you). That's a lot of time wasted if we just wait. -_- (at least we keep the Darkness Stamps)

And, 20k + 20k + 20k+ 20k+ ... + 20k +20k +20k + ... till boredom, it's a lot of money. More, if you also kill those 10 mobs.

Using your words to solve your problem (complaining about some lost Bh's at the beggining of stacking): Just kill mobs using the time you saved with Hiper Exp using the money you saved after that and get that exp. =/
    [insert sig here]
    edited June 2010
    Options
    azurluen wrote: »
    No, you only loose three of six Bhs in two days.

And whats even better is you lose the cheaper ones. You lose 2 BH3s & 1 BH2.

The typical rough proportion of XP granted is; BH1=3.3 to BH2=2.4 to BH3=1.8

So mathematics now, in the 1st two days you'd normally get (dealing with proportions);
    3.3+2.4+1.8=7.5 portions per day
    7.5 * 2 = 15 portions of XP over the 1st 2 days
    (a portion is 20k for 4x, 25k for 5x, 33.333k for 6x, 50k for 7x, 66.666k for 8x, & 100k for 9x)

Now instead, when stacking & losing those few BHs, in the 1st 2 days we gain;
    3.3+3.3+2.4=9 portions over the 1st 2 days

So what this means is in 2 days you gain 9/15 = 60% of what you'd normally have gotten.
    You lose 40% over 2 days, or 80% of 1 days worth of BHing. Thats not even 1 chain worth of XP lost.

It really isnt that much to sacrifice for so much convenience to be saved.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    S'not like the entire server will catch onto this.

Rather than taking my time trying to explain why I'm not coming back to said random squad, explaining to the people how to stack their BHs, I just come back in and do the entire chain. Honestly, 20k I can make in half a quest, so I'm not worried about the money. And if I'm pushed for time, seriously, then I simply won't perform the BH until later when I am capable.

Nothing more frustrating than half the squad doing one thing and the other half on a completely different page.

Now if the entire squad stacks, fine. But I'm not going to rage over a squad wanting to do the entire chain. I'm in 79/89, if you don't have the 20k+ to even teleport/or skip that and just use the pup, you need to quest more <_<
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    S'not like the entire server will catch onto this.

Rather than taking my time trying to explain why I'm not coming back to said random squad, explaining to the people how to stack their BHs, I just come back in and do the entire chain. Honestly, 20k I can make in half a quest, so I'm not worried about the money. And if I'm pushed for time, seriously, then I simply won't perform the BH until later when I am capable.

Nothing more frustrating than half the squad doing one thing and the other half on a completely different page.

Now if the entire squad stacks, fine. But I'm not going to rage over a squad wanting to do the entire chain. I'm in 79/89, if you don't have the 20k+ to even teleport/or skip that and just use the pup, you need to quest more <_<

I haven't seen any squad yet where everyone stacked their BHs. I do it now but the main reason is that I don't have to teleport and stuff. I can just go back to cave and wait for others.
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    might be true for checking door what i mean is in total 5 mins for 1 turn in that makes 10 mins in total.
    anyways would still loose 2 days.

anyways i wouldnt need to run back to styg since i tele out, just need to run twice to brig/linus, if its not the long way i need to run here its still like a 3 -5 min walk seriously, u play a game and complain about a couple of minutes.

but u might be right if its about dungeons where u cant port directly to center of archo

When you lose two days of BH reward, it's a one-off loss. When you don't stack, you waste 10-20 mins and some money every day, which works out worse in the long run, surely you can see that?

There's nothing more boring than just waiting around in a dungeon, doing nothing. In my late 90s, I had some acquaintances ingame who refused to stack their BHs because they didn't want to lose two days worth of XP. I no longer did BHs with them, because I didn't want to waste 20 minutes of my time just waiting around or killing the bosses in the right order or whatever else needed to be done.

I really don't understand why people don't stack.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When you lose two days of BH reward, it's a one-off loss. When you don't stack, you waste 10-20 mins and some money every day, which works out worse in the long run, surely you can see that?

There's nothing more boring than just waiting around in a dungeon, doing nothing. In my late 90s, I had some acquaintances ingame who refused to stack their BHs because they didn't want to lose two days worth of XP. I no longer did BHs with them, because I didn't want to waste 20 minutes of my time just waiting around or killing the bosses in the right order or whatever else needed to be done.

I really don't understand why people don't stack.

I understand what you're saying but the thing is, unless everyone stacks (which will not happen due to ignorance or stupidity) there is no real advantage to stacking right now. You don't lose money because everyone is going back to arch and usually most of them are gonna be flying to arch or the nearest pup and not teleport chaining back there. So I just fly with them.

I don't even use the illusion stone because so many people that do BH claim to be too poor and will fly. What do I gain by teleporting? Getting there early and waiting for the cleric or barb or whoever is flying back.

The time gets wasted anyway because you're always gonna be waiting for everyone to get back before killing the next boss and if it's the cleric or barb you really have no choice.

Good luck with trying to do BHs with only people that stack. It's difficult enough to find a cleric or barb in most BHs as it is. Can't really be picky.
  • didi
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I understand what you're saying but the thing is, unless everyone stacks (which will not happen due to ignorance or stupidity) there is no real advantage to stacking right now. You don't lose money because everyone is going back to arch and usually most of them are gonna be flying to arch or the nearest pup and not teleport chaining back there. So I just fly with them.

The fact is, there "Are" real advantages to stacking your bh regardless of whether everyone in squade stack or not. An undebatable example is, if you are level 40x and you stack your bh, you will only have to kill Qinzi once to earn "Qinzi bh1 + Qinzi bh2 + Qinzi bh3 xp for that day.

What that means is, if you stack your bh. You will earn 150k xp by killing Qinzi once, whereas your squade member who does not stack their bh will have to kill Qinzi 3 times to earn 150k xp.
    I don't even use the illusion stone because so many people that do BH claim to be too poor and will fly. What do I gain by teleporting? Getting there early and waiting for the cleric or barb or whoever is flying back.

What you will gain at the very least is time plus tele or porting fees. In the time that the unstackers go back to head hunter to get their bh2 or bh3, you can head from the last boss, to the next boss and afk and do things that interest you more than traveling back to head hunter or traveling back to the next bh boss.
    The time gets wasted anyway because you're always gonna be waiting for everyone to get back before killing the next boss and if it's the cleric or barb you really have no choice.

Good luck with trying to do BHs with only people that stack. It's difficult enough to find a cleric or barb in most BHs as it is. Can't really be picky.

The fact is, current stackers can friendlist people who are stackers and people who are potential stackers. what that means is, stackers will in time on a regular basis, be able to get a full squade of stackers. What that also means is that, stackers will targart barbs and clerics to add to friendlist. Why? Because of the fact that barbs and clerics are rare and that they have more to gain by stacking their bh than not.

At first it did confuse me too but its more confusing in theory then it is in practise. At first i sat their trying to work it out but i got it wrong. Its only when i actually did it that i relise that its easier than i thought it was.

you only need to follow 2 simple rules to get bh1, bh2, bh3 in your quest log.

1. don't hand in bh2 the same day you get it.
    (a bh2 that is ready to be handed in must be atleast 1 day old)

2. only hand in bh2 if both bh1 & bh2 are completed & are handed together.
    (bh1, bh2 are both completed at the same time & handed in at the same time)

If these 2 rules are followed, you should be able to get bh1, bh2, bh3 in your quest log easily.
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well bh29 is a unique example because you kill the same boss 3 times. But then again, most people don't do bh29 anyway because at that level there are just so many quests that will easily level you up. In my 40s, I would only do a BH29 if I was lacking exp to level up after finishing all my quests and usually I only needed the one to do so. But regardless, stacking BH29 is good. Stacking anything after that is not.

There is no difference between afk flying to head hunter and back and going to next boss and afking there other than needing to check back for a few seconds to pick up your Bh2 or 3.
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Stacking is for people who don't have time to do even they daylies bh-yes you save 20k BUT
    It's really anoying when most of the people do theyrs daylies every day and some guy/gurl
    comes and say she/he have other bh from that all others have.
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Stacking is for people who don't have time to do even they daylies bh-yes you save 20k BUT
    It's really anoying when most of the people do theyrs daylies every day and some guy/gurl
    comes and say she/he have other bh from that all others have.

What they're saying is if you stack right, you should be able to have the entire quest order within your log without worry.

However, I agree with you. Some people don't do it right, some people[and this is a lot] aren't consistent with their dailies, me for example, and will end up with a boss or two behind everyone else. This can only work with people you know that does the BH every single day like a religion, and I know not the entire server does that. In order to prevent confusion, I just do the entire chain for one day, cause its nothing worse than asking to do a boss that someone needed yesterday.
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What they're saying is if you stack right, you should be able to have the entire quest order within your log without worry.

However, I agree with you. Some people don't do it right, some people[and this is a lot] aren't consistent with their dailies, me for example, and will end up with a boss or two behind everyone else. This can only work with people you know that does the BH every single day like a religion, and I know not the entire server does that. In order to prevent confusion, I just do the entire chain for one day, cause its nothing worse than asking to do a boss that someone needed yesterday.

This isnt true. If you read the normal system (page 1, my post, i think #3) rather then the OPs version which is incorrect, you'll notice you dont pick up BHs until that day. If you are holding a completed BH1 & 2 in your quest list, they can remain there, only to be exchanged for bounty orders (to get full chain) when you actually wish to do your BHs. You can skip 9 days, and decide to do it on the 10th day, pick up all 3 in the chain, and do it.

Rule of thumb, always hold a completed 1 & 2 until you're ready to do your BHs, so skipping days wont matter.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This isnt true. If you read the normal system (page 1, my post, i think #3) rather then the OPs version which is incorrect, you'll notice you dont pick up BHs until that day. If you are holding a completed BH1 & 2 in your quest list, they can remain there, only to be exchanged for bounty orders (to get full chain) when you actually wish to do your BHs. You can skip 9 days, and decide to do it on the 10th day, pick up all 3 in the chain, and do it.

Rule of thumb, always hold a completed 1 & 2 until you're ready to do your BHs, so skipping days wont matter.

Ah okay, I see. It's not complicated, just a hassle to make sure everyone is on the same page to me.
This discussion has been closed.