Barb BM or Assassin for PVP server

Options
Assailer - Harshlands
Assailer - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
Which is the best for 1 vs 1 and jsut overall pvp and has a good side effect of bein good pve, making a h2h guy and wanted some advice, i can cash shop etc if needed so thanks
Ex Heavenly Marshal-- Ex Leader of Divinity--
The Point of Battle is not die for your beliefs, But instead Slay the enemy for theirs.~

The mere fact that I am attacking, intices the enemy to believe I am stronger than They~

Pkin Pkers is fun, and rewarding b:laugh
Post edited by Assailer - Harshlands on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Um....BM. Assassin may have stealth and all that, but w/o heavy charms they aren't really great in PvE.

Barbs.....Not to sure of how well they work out in PvP. They are seriously awesome in PvE with their massive HP (some people get upwards of 25k+). Along with that they're a pure axe type class, so they have some powerful stun chances x.x

But overall PvP and PvE a BM is best suited because their skills work in both directions. Though when it comes to PvP at lvl 89 and past.....it becomes conflicted. But most will agree that Sage BM is more geared towards PvE, while Demon BM is more geared towards PvP.
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    but as a pvp class assassin is good? i play a pvp server, but i was thinking BM would get he most hits, i know a barb is hard to ake down, just i dont wana tank lol i hate tankin and ppl wont like my barb, and barbs are charm dependant heavily right?
    The Point of Battle is not die for your beliefs, But instead Slay the enemy for theirs.~

The mere fact that I am attacking, intices the enemy to believe I am stronger than They~

• Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    but as a pvp class assassin is good? i play a pvp server, but i was thinking BM would get he most hits, i know a barb is hard to ake down, just i dont wana tank lol i hate tankin and ppl wont like my barb, and barbs are charm dependant heavily right?

No

/10chars
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i thought they were charm eaters for HP like a cleric is for MP

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No, that is a BM who does AoE grinding.
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    barbs are hard to kill in pvp but usualy useless at damaging things - expect a long fight.

sins are good 1 vs 1 but if they see you coming or if theres someone else there your dead.

bm's are pretty ballanced between the two and have plenty of stuns and nice skills - screwed vs magic attacks.

i suggest archer though :D ballanced armor, both types of attacks (physical and magic), high damage to break through barb charms, quick skills (in comparion to say a wizard). good at taking down robes fast, and if you can kite you can take down any mele class. in group situations can survive with a charm
  • ChromoHax - Dreamweaver
    ChromoHax - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well tideborn came out because archers and wizz were OP pvp end game when they have their best possible gears. Wizz takes the win between the 2. And on a side note assassins own archer 90% the time in the end.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i thought they were charm eaters for HP like a cleric is for MP

Class with less hp than barb eat hp charm faster . .
    Cleric eat mp charm so fast because they has to keep casting IH, aoe heal, bb, purify, etc.
    And that for the party sake !!
    <.< i dunno why you think hp for barb is the same thing with mp for cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Assailer - Harshlands
    edited June 2010
    Options
    because when barbs charm ticks it takes a chunk out, and since they are tanks they get alot of hits, and when mages or etc hit hem they tick charms and bam, i mean ahving thousands of hps..charms go fast

• angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    barbs are hard to kill in pvp but usualy useless at damaging things - expect a long fight.

sins are good 1 vs 1 but if they see you coming or if theres someone else there your dead.

bm's are pretty ballanced between the two and have plenty of stuns and nice skills - screwed vs magic attacks.

i suggest archer though :D ballanced armor, both types of attacks (physical and magic), high damage to break through barb charms, quick skills (in comparion to say a wizard). good at taking down robes fast, and if you can kite you can take down any mele class. in group situations can survive with a charm

Barbs are hard to kill, but are far from useless in terms of damaging things. Perdition can 1 shot everything besides the class known as "CS'ers". If you've ever come across a Claw/Fist Barbarian, you'll find yourself pretty much dead if your a BM or another Barbarian.

Sin's are good against anything that isn't heavy. Against any decent BM or Barb, they absolutely fail. Physical Damage on heavy armor with tons of HP just does not work.

Archer is the worst end-game class - unless you pour lots of money into the game, or lots of time farming the best gear.

BM's arent screwed against magic. Against mages who can only deal magic, alter marrow really helps. Against classes with both its a bit of a challenge until they stunlock you.
  • Lucifer - Dreamweaver
    Lucifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    umm u forgot that a claw/fist barb does not have the same HP as a normal barb, they also cant use any skills besides auto atacking. Sooo a BM can use all his skills that include stuns, plus they would have to use Blood Bath to be more accurate cause they suck at accuracy to begin with. Also a BM can hit faster than a barb if Demon. A Bm can cyclone heel and the demon form gives 20% bonus attack speed. So a Bm can out DPS a barb with claws, but i will say that there poison fang helps put for magic damage against other HA classes, ive herd its a huge and small difference, im not sure. Assassins can take down any class and it kills em to say it. Assassins are the new OP class cause they have the ability to kill any class. The only trhing that compinsates this is the fact they where LA. For pk they can stealth and stun + demon spark and extreme poison and kill someone instantly. But BMs have the best chance against a sin, i like BMs way better then sins.
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Bm or Barb for real pvp, sin to stealth spark and pk.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    f pure map 1 vs 1 pvp roll a sin

for a jack of all trades / vault of death roll a bm

for one shoting arcanes and charm **** roll a barb
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Rubix - Harshlands
    Rubix - Harshlands Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Roll an assassin, get nirvana daggers +12, get 35% crit, own all.
    I have nothing to say.
  • Alteir - Harshlands
    Alteir - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you are interested solely in killing as many people as physically possible while rarely dying in a 1 on 1 situation make a Sin They are Great at it.

If you want to go the middle rout and be good at PK and PVE make a BM

If u want to be (arguably since some will say clerics) The most important PVE class for the majority of the game (I hear Fist BM's tank Nirvana and the Barb isn't even needed) make a Barb. Barbs can PVP too but take more work to be good at it than the other two classes.
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    umm u forgot that a claw/fist barb does not have the same HP as a normal barb, they also cant use any skills besides auto atacking. Sooo a BM can use all his skills that include stuns, plus they would have to use Blood Bath to be more accurate cause they suck at accuracy to begin with. Also a BM can hit faster than a barb if Demon. A Bm can cyclone heel and the demon form gives 20% bonus attack speed. So a Bm can out DPS a barb with claws, but i will say that there poison fang helps put for magic damage against other HA classes, ive herd its a huge and small difference, im not sure. Assassins can take down any class and it kills em to say it. Assassins are the new OP class cause they have the ability to kill any class. The only trhing that compinsates this is the fact they where LA. For pk they can stealth and stun + demon spark and extreme poison and kill someone instantly. But BMs have the best chance against a sin, i like BMs way better then sins.

Um fist barbs have less hp yes, but still more than fist bm's. And they use skills as fast as they can click a button to swap weapons, as a bm u should know that. Also, barbs dont go fist until they can reach full -int for 5 attacks per second, thats the max, no need for cyclone heel. And a high DEX build fist barb will have ALMOST as much base accuracy as bm. And all demon self buffed only we can out dps you too. Hell, so will sins and archers w fist, cause full -int fist is BROKEN.