**** account...GMs please respond.

cfox331
cfox331 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Okay so here's the deal. Some girl and I were supposed to get married on pwi so we exchanged account information (yes, I know how dumb this was, so please don't tell me). She gave me her alt's information while i gave her my actual information. She got onto my account and traded all my valuable things over to a friend and has now stolen everything I had. I am currently naked in game, and so is my bank. I had emails from her being evidence that from the beginning she had deliberately planned to blackmail me and steal all my stuff, but....unfortunately those emails got deleted by gmail and I can no longer retrieve them without legal counsel. I know both people's toons names. Is there ANYTHING I can do??!!
Post edited by cfox331 on

Comments

• Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    send a ticket to gm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    cfox331 wrote: »
    unfortunately those emails got deleted by gmail and I can no longer retrieve them without legal counsel.

Gmail doesn't delete e-mails.
  • QontroL - Sanctuary_1374340824
    QontroL - Sanctuary_1374340824 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    do u understand that anyone come with a story like this? im not saying it didnt happen, but its hard to take any actions with just a story b:surrender
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thats just sad.
    i dont believe this story but still i think gms can track every accounts info, so just send a ticket :)
  • cfox331
    edited June 2010
    send a ticket to gm.

I have sent a ticket to gms, but no reply. Also, my emails were deleted. I called a gmail representative and they said I can't retrieve them unless I get a lawyer to contact gmail's legal department. Also, if I contact a lawyer is this a legitimate case? This girl stole real money from me, because I had put over $1,000 real money into this character. My toon's name is _technine_ and the girls who stole my things are Sarune_Sun and Arigato_gg. Is this case legitimate? If I get those emails after seeking legal counsel will I get my things back?
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    IMO nothing will be done, as you compromised your account security by giving her your login information.

This is basically like leaving $1000 in plain sight, giving her permission to take it, and then saying that she stole it after she does take it.

Either way, good luck. Sucks that it happened, but I hope you learned your lesson about sharing your account with random people =P (Even if you were going to get married in game, it's still random)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cfox331
    edited June 2010
    IMO nothing will be done, as you compromised your account security by giving her your login information.

This is basically like leaving $1000 in plain sight, giving her permission to take it, and then saying that she stole it after she does take it.

Either way, good luck. Sucks that it happened, but I hope you learned your lesson about sharing your account with random people =P (Even if you were going to get married in game, it's still random)

I realize that I compromise my own account security, but I can hopefully get emails sent from her showing that from the beginning her idea was to steal my things and blackmail me. That being the case, it shows her motivation and that from the beginning she was going to try to steal my account before I even gave her the information. Doesn't that change things?
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    cfox331 wrote: »
    I realize that I compromise my own account security, but I can hopefully get emails sent from her showing that from the beginning her idea was to steal my things and blackmail me. That being the case, it shows her motivation and that from the beginning she was going to try to steal my account before I even gave her the information. Doesn't that change things?

Why would you give her your account info when you notice her motive in the beginning was to steal your account?
    You need to smarten up.
  • cfox331
    edited June 2010
    Why would you give her your account info when you notice her motive in the beginning was to steal your account?
    You need to smarten up.

I didn't say I knew her motive from the beginning. I'm saying the emails she sent after stealing my things said and I quote, "Have fun with your account and the things I stole." And other emails showed that from the beginning her motive was to steal my things. I didn't get these emails until after she did the stealing, but what I'm saying is after receiving those emails it showed that from the beginning her motive was that.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You are going to have to Submit a Ticket.

However, because you yourself have already admitted to compromising your account, there would most likely not be too much that can be done. You took the risk and therefore you must suffer the consequences of your actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • n9crawler
    n9crawler Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    sorry to hear about this. as long as the "stuffs" were not npc'd, it may be possible for GM to retrieve them thru the logs of your toon. i'm not sure how sophiscated pwi is with logs and how long they keep those around. since this game involves real money (real business transactions), hopefully pwi could track it down and resolve your issues. let this be a lesson for you (not just this game but anything else on the web), never trust anyone.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    n9crawler wrote: »
    sorry to hear about this. as long as the "stuffs" were not npc'd, it may be possible for GM to retrieve them thru the logs of your toon. i'm not sure how sophiscated pwi is with logs and how long they keep those around. since this game involves real money (real business transactions), hopefully pwi could track it down and resolve your issues.

Submit 1 ticket and then wait.

Submitting more then one will "bump" your original back to the bottom of the cue.

Good Luck but hopefully lesson learned...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.