Anyway to prevent Friend requests?

Options
hopaqo
hopaqo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2010 in General Discussion
Anyway you can prevent any Friend requests, it can be awakward sometimes and you kinda feel you should reciprocate and add them too. Its just on one of my Chars where I just solo. I know you can decline squad invites but anyway to prevent friend requests.

Thx b:thanks
Post edited by hopaqo on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Um....There should be the option to decline friend invites there also o.O...

If not, just ignore the "!" icon till goes away.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That and faction invites too b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • hopaqo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Um....There should be the option to decline friend invites there also o.O...

If not, just ignore the "!" icon till goes away.

b:laugh yeah I understand but still certain situations it is awkward like I said, and you simply can't be blunt as to decline it or be passive and wait till ! dissappears. So waht can you do.
  • hopaqo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That and faction invites too b:laugh

yup b:laugh
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hopaqo wrote: »
    b:laugh yeah I understand but still certain situations it is awkward like I said, and you simply can't be blunt as to decline it or be passive and wait till ! dissappears. So waht can you do.

I tend to reply by 'no thanks, thanks though' or 'sorry but I like to be a soloer' (edit: oops, this was for faction invites only) when I am in that case, but it gets boring after a while, except when I get :/ as a reply, which is always priceless. b:victory
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, if a person asks for a friend request, i may honor it.

Then again, unless their my lvl or higher I that's when i honor it. If their below my lvl....yeah >.>

they get the big "NO" to their face <.<
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm always glad to find new friends, so I don't know exactly what to say to you. I don't see why you should ever decline a friendship request b:question (unless the person who asks is a total noob, but then you can tell them that they are and not feel awkward afterwards). I have only like 2-3 actively online friends in the game so I say you should treasure every friend you can find ^^ but it's your decision if you want to be a loner, nothing wrong with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EbilBecca - Heavens Tear
    EbilBecca - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If I don't know them, they don't get added. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~sig by Satalia

The search function is a very useful tool, if you don't know how to use it then you're an idiot.b:chuckleb:cute

GAME UNINSTALLED b:victoryb:bye
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Is it that hard to click "No"
    O.o?
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    If you really want to you could accept their request and then just delete them afterwards.

This does seem a bit mean though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • PressO - Archosaur
    PressO - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm so lonely, I'm so lonely, I have nobody... To call my ownnn ooooo b:shutup
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hopaqo wrote: »
    Anyway you can prevent any Friend requests, it can be awakward sometimes and you kinda feel you should reciprocate and add them too. Its just on one of my Chars where I just solo. I know you can decline squad invites but anyway to prevent friend requests.

Thx b:thanks

You say "Sorry but FL is full"

Than leave it at that and "good bye"

No clue how many you can have added on Friend list actually, but saying its full always works for me when i dont wanna add someone.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you really want to you could accept their request and then just delete them afterwards.

This does seem a bit mean though...

^This

I have not done that unless a person was inactive for far too long and previously I had like no contact with the person.b:surrender

Also, as mentioned in the post above mine, the full list excuse. It's kinda lame for me. Do you REALLY have so many awesome, always active friends? I heard that excuse before, but then, the people deleted somebody inactive and added me.b:victory Now we're cool friends.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohanX - Raging Tide
    GohanX - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Prevent friend requests? Simple, don't talk to anyone. That's the only way to prevent them You could always just decline though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stilled - Archosaur
    Stilled - Archosaur Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, no way to prevent them, unless you just say nothing. But if you get them anyways, there is a small "X" in the corner and you dont have to say NO when you click that. You can prevent getting squad invites. Its in the UI or something. One of the things you have to manually turn on or off. I havent seen anything to prevent faction invites, other than to make your own faction of alts, which I usually do. Carry on.
    PWI: Where not only are you judged for what you say, but how you say it. Keep up the grammar. Respect.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"In my day, we didn't have BH/Goshiki quest/Tokens to buy Oracles and we had to level the hard way, by grinding. Uphill. In the snow. With carpal tunnel. AND WE LIKED IT!" -ACLuciusb:mischievous
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    just accept then close... then at least they may be confused and think you added them and you don't get those annoying pms of "why didn't you add me?!" when you know your list is full anyway.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Mahn - Sanctuary
    Mahn - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There seems to be a noob phenomenon: Random FL invites, Random "Can I have money?" requests, and my faves range like this: "I'll give you 1k coin for your (insert expensive item here)"

Meh, at least there aren't WC gold farmers.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There should be a way to block guild invites.

Walk through west arch guildless as a level 91.......it's bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There seems to be a noob phenomenon: Random FL invites, Random "Can I have money?" requests, and my faves range like this: "I'll give you 1k coin for your (insert expensive item here)"

Meh, at least there aren't WC gold farmers.

You forgot to list random pervs and those who seek powerleveling.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Aren't there two parts to a friend request? One part adds them to your friendlist the other adds you to theirs. You can just let them add you but don't add them to yours. Another way would be to just delete them off yours as was stated earlier, don't do it immediately :P.
    Both you and them have to be on both F/Ls before either will show up as online.
    I like pie
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    on pw-my... this is what I used to tell ppl that wanted to add me to friends that I didnt want there:

Sorry... I only add guildies.

Alternatively...

Accept their friend request.. dont add them to yours...

You should still appear offline on their friendlist, since they not on yours...

If they say anything.. just say.. oh... guess.. my fl is full. and leave it at that.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I ignore friend requests without any comment, if the other person haven't said a word. Silent request leads to silent ignore. If they ask about it, then just... use excuse or tell truth

I usually use excuse "Sorry, my friend list is full", expecially, as it usually is full or almost full.

What I usually dislike is when a tabber decides to add you as friend in middle of run. Those are hard to ignore or decline... I still find fb a "treat" and tabber as "treater"... hard to say "No" to them...
  • _Elixira_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elixira_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ the "random pervs" comment. Yeah, I know how that one feels.

I get a lot of random fl requests when I visit Plume or Lost. I usually decline and say something like:

"Sorry, I don't rlly do random friend adds."

or

"Lol, a nice 'hi there' would be a good start," after which the other person will often say "oh hi" and then try to add me again. I again refuse. *sigh*

b:chuckle
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it as there are too many people coming and going in game life. You probably aren't going to see that person again anyway.

The random invites - delete and blacklist - for the others just say "Sorry, my friends list is full."b:chuckle