edited June 2010 in General Discussion
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=55151

It certainly sounds that way.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Whether it's permanent or not, looking at the event boutique awards.
    I can't escape the feeling, they'll find someway to miss it up, maybe a boutique item to access that PQ or an npc one like tiger badges.
  • ArrowSpeed - Raging Tide
    ArrowSpeed - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Looks like a new (very) high level event. How about something for the low and mid levels for a change?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    low and mid level are non factor, go lvl up and stop being lz =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    I hope it was for 80-95 since those levels don't have a PQ.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Seems like a nice event

BUT (and flogging a dead horse here I know)

Fix and/or finish other stuff first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArrowSpeed - Raging Tide
    ArrowSpeed - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Sorry i can't afford oracles.
    Besides that, low and mid are have the future. Ignoring them is ignoring future income.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Besides that, low and mid are have the future. Ignoring them is ignoring future income.

oracles? why would you need oracles? and anyway, ignoring?

0-30 just quests, getting used to the class it's not very long anyway
    30-40 this could be a bit boring but it's not very long anyway
    40-60 the bh is quite new, the tideborns quest are fun+great boost
    for 50+ there is the nien event, sure you may not earn someting but it is fun

60-70 bh are getting a bit old. you get the first chapter of pq. you could win something in the nien. you start doing tt

70-80 tanking paradise in bh! did you wanna tank but felt too squishy? bored of looking for a barb/bm? no more! you can tank your bhb:victory you start to shine in pq, scoring hight is not hard. the nien awards are getting better. finally you get something from tt even if you are a low dd
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Aren't the nein events over soo..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thanks but no thanks PWE, I will never be a top contributor in nein event anyway with so many people doing either more damage, killing more mobs, etc.

So what makes you think I'm going to be any good in this new one?
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Low and Mid lvls have tons of **** to do..

High lvls have respectively almost nothing. There is barely any end game content and we are bored. I am guessing the devs are aiming at that fact.
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Low and Mid lvls have tons of **** to do..

High lvls have respectively almost nothing. There is barely any end game content and we are bored. I am guessing the devs are aiming at that fact.

the devs have no use for you they want the fresh mid & low lvls to cash-shop there way to 100 then they be useless (jk).b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2010

that archer looks liek the only non cash shopper on your server.

and yes the dev's wanna spoil us high lvls with lag events.
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Rely on cashop excuse is pathetic, I mean really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Leveling is easy, at least to levels 7x.

You are 4x, The three Qingzi Bhs gives a level each day. Plus quest and Crazy Stone, you are 5x in less than a week. After that is a bit slower, but the Tide quest will give you level 60 in less than a week too.
    Now go to Public quest, plus Bh's and Crazy and all that, and you'll take ot that much time to level 70 (but you'll need to check out for repair fees on PQ, can't do only that).

And so on.
    [insert sig here]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    it really amazes me how many people miss the fact that maybe, just maybe, some people want to just play the game and not have to power level like its a second job. events like this are geared toward the high lvl uber geared people. When people say get off your lazy butts and level cuz its so easy all it does is prove that point. the nein event had a contribution ladder based on class. something like this should also have separate contribution for level ranges just like there are different public quests. I'm not saying that higher levels shouldnt have better rewards or be able to do better but it needs to be more balanced. a game with all high lvl players will soon be a dead game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited June 2010

If you can't afford oracles... then you don't spend any worth-while money. And what good are you if you are not spending money? Think about it for a bit before you answer............................................... BINGO.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    it really amazes me how many people miss the fact that maybe, just maybe, some people want to just play the game and not have to power level like its a second job. events like this are geared toward the high lvl uber geared people. When people say get off your lazy butts and level cuz its so easy all it does is prove that point. the nein event had a contribution ladder based on class. something like this should also have separate contribution for level ranges just like there are different public quests. I'm not saying that higher levels shouldnt have better rewards or be able to do better but it needs to be more balanced. a game with all high lvl players will soon be a dead game
    +1

Furthermore, the fact that it relies on "rankings" instead of simply points (i.e it depends on the other people) messes it up completely. Imagine if other quests were available only to top 10 players. Imagine if TT mats only dropped to top 10 players, etc etc... Why **** this up like this? I'm lucky being on a kinda new server and a wizzy (rare species)... but I can perfectly understand people who do their best and can't get within 5th spots.

PQ system is a joke.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So what, maybe this event isn't geared towards the lower levels. Us high levels have next to nothing to do, so this helps us out a little bit.
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    It's not a level problem it's a ranking problem. Especially on servers with more high level people, there are a lot of ALWAYS THE SAME top 5 contributors. Regardless of the fact that there may be well over 30 lvl100 adequately geared players, a slight difference in power means they will always get top 5 spots.

It's a problem because it's based on ranking. Worst system EVER.

For example, if you were a BM on Raging Tide you could have kissed 1st place goodbye even at lvl100 as long as Remvrandt is participating.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's not a level problem it's a ranking problem. Especially on servers with more high level people, there are a lot of ALWAYS THE SAME top 5 contributors. Regardless of the fact that there may be well over 30 lvl100 adequately geared players, a slight difference in power means they will always get top 5 spots.

and to make it worse they allow squads... why even seperate classes when a 5aps bm squads with a cleric?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited June 2010

For example, if you were a BM on Raging Tide you could have kissed 1st place goodbye even at lvl100 as long as Remvrandt is participating.

It's not that bad if there are level brackets. I mean, it doesn't matter if you are a cashshopper at 5x, it won't make such a difference. The only problem are the level 90+. There cashshoppers have that big advantage it's not even funny.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    If you read this thread here, you'll find that you can diminish the contribution of regular 1st place finishers by Expeling them with a genie right after they spark. I mention this because if enough people do it, PWE has to fix one of them. Either they have to fix contrib so it has more variability allowing different people to win. Or they have to fix Expel so it can't be abused like that.

Personally, I think the random amount added to your contrib at the Nienbeast event should be a percentage. Adding 1-999 random contrib impacts the 2000-4000 score range a lot more than it does the 10,000-20,000 score range. Right now, people placing #10-#20 are finding that the random component frequently changes their rank by 10+ slots, which can easily cost them a relatively nice prize when they've really earned it (getting a single pack instead of 10 packs). While people placing #1 are almost never in danger of dropping to #2.
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It's not a level problem it's a ranking problem.

Furthermore, the fact that it relies on "rankings" instead of simply points (i.e it depends on the other people) messes it up completely.
    PQ system is a joke.

Maybe, having ranking gives more opportunity to others. Having near 3k points allows you to get a good position and be awarded with Rich Packs. The 20th Rankings are about 1.5k or so points. If the top one is 25k~10k points, then with 3k the reward will be so small.

And with the Patience Quest, you can get free 900 Points. The Red Mobs give 150 or 300 points, get a few Plants, hitting the Nien at least 600k points, and you are done. Isn't that difficult to always get, at least, Full Reward Packs.

More than only have high level and hit hard, you need a bit of strategy. Maybe I'll never get to the top 5, but at least I always win something being between 25th and 9th place.
    [insert sig here]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why should someone who has put more time, gotten more levels, and has better gear have a lower rank? Do you want to be able to beat a level 100 in PvP at level 80 just so you can have a chance or things to be "fair". The fair thing is the best geared players will be on top. And actually the best geared players are not always on top, because its the people who play their class better, and have decent gear who are on top. I see mages with mediocre gear pass people with very good gear.

It all depends on how well you know the event, and if you can't rank high enough you might just suck. Stop expecting freebies when the people who worked on their character a lot more are doing better in events.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Either they have to fix contrib so it has more variability allowing different people to win. Or they have to fix Expel so it can't be abused like that.

Actually they need to fix the event. During the 1st stage it's clear that the ranged classes do far better than any melee. It's only when the first bosses spawn do the fist/claw users start to shine. When the Neinbeasts spawned is when the fist/claw users leap ahead. If there were no bosses and it were only based on contribution of regular mobs, fist/claw users wouldn't win the event. It's only when fist/claws can sit in one spot and out-dps everyone is when they take the lead.

In all the times I've won the event, I've never placed top 10 after the first round.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why should someone who has put more time, gotten more levels, and has better gear have a lower rank? Do you want to be able to beat a level 100 in PvP at level 80 just so you can have a chance or things to be "fair". The fair thing is the best geared players will be on top. And actually the best geared players are not always on top, because its the people who play their class better, and have decent gear who are on top. I see mages with mediocre gear pass people with very good gear.

It all depends on how well you know the event, and if you can't rank high enough you might just suck. Stop expecting freebies when the people who worked on their character a lot more are doing better in events.

noone is asking for freebies. This is why people here have mentioned a tier system based on level.

also we arent talking about pvp. if your lvl 80 and u atk a lvl 100 an get beat thats your own dumb fault.

I dont know if there is a level minimum for the nein thing (never looked) but anyone lower then 3 levels lower then the level of the mob (what 75?) has an extra disadvantage of a damage reduction. at the very least the mobs should be ? levels so that the damage is cut equally. Why should the already disadvantaged lower levels have their disadvantages multiplied?

I am lvl 84 and am averaging around 3k points every time i do the event. I would hate to be lower level. and this is the majority from fedex quests and herbs. not attacking. the first few times i did the attacking thing and got about 1500 points.

In all the times I've won the event, I've never placed top 10 after the first round.

so basically the last 2 stages far outweigh the first one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why should someone who has put more time, gotten more levels, and has better gear have a lower rank?
    They shouldn't but rewards shouldn't be much better either, if any better at all.

This idea to make the rich richer and leave the poor alone just provides an even bigger imbalance in the community.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Actually they need to fix the event. During the 1st stage it's clear that the ranged classes do far better than any melee. It's only when the first bosses spawn do the fist/claw users start to shine. When the Neinbeasts spawned is when the fist/claw users leap ahead. If there were no bosses and it were only based on contribution of regular mobs, fist/claw users wouldn't win the event. It's only when fist/claws can sit in one spot and out-dps everyone is when they take the lead.

Long range dds doesn't shine during the first part... we're sorta stuck between the questers and the clawers. I can easily finish in the top 10 (class) even without doing the first part. And yet i can never score in the top 20 during the first part. I have seem people with over 2k points while I am still sitting in the low hundreds a few minutes into part one. Usually I have to catch up during part 2 and solidify my position during part 3.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    edited June 2010
    Why should someone who has put more time, gotten more levels, and has better gear have a lower rank?
    Who said anything about a lower rank? I said get rid of the ranking system completely.
    The fair thing is the best geared players will be on top.
    "Fair" thing? Kinda doubt it. If TT was public and it used the ranking system you would consider it fair that only the highest geared get all the mats? (when they shouldn't even NEED them as bad as the other players)

I call it BS system. I'm not saying higher geared people need LESS rewards, if you still think I do. I say don't freaking ruin it for everyone else. Of course higher geared people still are faster at TT than average geared but the others have a chance to get too.

With the ranking system it's impossible if enough high geared people participate end of story.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Who said anything about a lower rank? I said get rid of the ranking system completely."Fair" thing? Kinda doubt it. If TT was public and it used the ranking system you would consider it fair that only the highest geared get all the mats? (when they shouldn't even NEED them as bad as the other players)

I call it BS system. I'm not saying higher geared people need LESS rewards, if you still think I do. I say don't freaking ruin it for everyone else. Of course higher geared people still are faster at TT than average geared but the others have a chance to get too.

With the ranking system it's impossible if enough high geared people participate end of story.

Is TT competition or did I miss something? The summer event is ultimately competition, hence top rankers get top rewards, yet do everybody, whom put any effort, get reward? Yes, therefore I can hardly understand all the QQ about it.

I just find amusing that low/mid lvl ppl start whining about how unfair something is, when it`s ment for higher lvls, though some low/mid lvls can enter and get something out of it also. Our end game content is pretty much farming gear & FC, though ppl tend to stop FC after they hit 100 & and some random PK on PvE servers. So now when we have finally gotten some more content, lowbies start to QQ how it`s broken and should removed.

When you say "rich get richer", how does that differ from cash shopping? It differs that also non-CS ppl have chance to make money, is that some sort of problem? This event actually balances income between CS and non-CS ppl, sure CS ppl get more money, but then again, charging zen is even bigger adventage than the rewards from this event. Everybody, whom got that high gear, has worked for in game/irl by charging zen, why the hell should they get some sort of penalty for it?

And why haven`t PWE added lvl ranged rankings, for example 50-70, 71-90 & 91+? Prolly cause this event is ment for those high lvl and geared ppl, whom got pretty much nothing more to do. Why can lowbies enter then? We have ~200 entrants on Archosaur as it is, if you make it 80+ event, there may be trouble finding 20 entrants each class as we high lvl ppl really dun care rewards below top5, therefore if you can`t rank there, you won`t prolly waste your time in event if you can find instance squad. With that we can come to conclusion of lowbies getting chance for top10, I myself would call event broken if 90- ppl could rank top5, w/o being boosted there.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o