R blademasters stronger than sins???

Night_Elf_FT - Lost City
Night_Elf_FT - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Assassin
i see lots of pk fights in archos. Recently i have seen a lot of lvl 70s getting killed by lvl 70 bms is this true
Post edited by Night_Elf_FT - Lost City on

Comments

• Night_Elf_FT - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    srry my mistake lvl 70 sins getting beat by lvl 70 bms
  • FinalFatex - Harshlands
    FinalFatex - Harshlands Posts: 2,427 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Blade masters are hard for sins, they have so much defence.. If the sin is not good enough to kill the BM fast, the BM will prob win.

Ya come flame me saying im a noob assassin, but you know its true.
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • Nerruse - Lost City
    Nerruse - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Fist/claw BM is a pain. They have enough acc to hit u and more hp/def/stuns. The only way is to kill them before your stun/occult ice ended.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    In a straight damage per second fight between me and an equal geared BM, it's impossible for me to win.

The only way you'll ever beat a non-nub BM is by using the genie skill tangling mire. My current genie's tangling mire gives a 50% pdef reduction for 10 seconds. Combine that with a simple stun lock (include extreme poison or chill if necessary), and BMs become fairly easy to kill. Just be aware that you have to bypass their charm and get them to at least 25% health before mire wears off or you're screwed.
  • Hideshadow - Sanctuary
    Hideshadow - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    It is indeed tough to beat a BM as a sin. Although if you place a good stun lock on them, You may get the advantage. Keep in mind. The BMs high defense makes it very difficult for us. But not quite impossible, Sins have excellent Evasion and should use it to the top of their abilities
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Blade masters are hard for sins, they have so much defence.. If the sin is not good enough to kill the BM fast, the BM will prob win.

Ya come flame me saying im a noob assassin, but you know its true.

noob assassin imo. i have more trouble with properly built mages
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    noob assassin imo. i have more trouble with properly built mages

Absolute domain + sleep + BID = butt hurt b:surrender
  • Night_Elf_FT - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    what skills should i use if i wanna pk a blademaster
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Absolute domain + sleep + BID = butt hurt b:surrender

dont unstealth without deaden nerves up b:laugh

what skills should i use if i wanna pk a blademaster

interval gear, tangling mire genie skill, spark, tackling slash, inner harmony, power dash, swing till dead.

thats the basics. CBA with detailing how to kill a bm for the 500th time.....
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide
    HarukaDaiski - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2010

interval gear, tangling mire genie skill, spark, tackling slash, inner harmony, power dash, swing till dead.

I feel bad for Trawne, He has to type the same thing on every other thread in this forum xD.
    You should just save the combo on a notepad and get ready to Copy and paste b:chuckle
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I feel bad for Trawne, He has to type the same thing on every other thread in this forum xD.
    You should just save the combo on a notepad and get ready to Copy and paste b:chuckle

oh i did the first time i wrote it.

90+ sin just stack up interval gear and get relentless courage on genie. tackling slash, double spark, nature powder, inner harmony, power dash, win (do not use chill of the deep with interval gear b:bye)

if you dont have interval gear( pay attention BM from the first page i'm gonna teach you): (use chill of the deep, also assuming 299 chi since no one should have done culti yet unless you just want to be demon without knowing the skills)

double spark(99 chi left), inner harmony (299 chi), shadow teleport(199 chi left), tackling slash(249 chi), throatcut(149 chi), RDS (299 chi), headhunt (99 chi), slipstream strike, rib strike, twin strike, occult ice (genie skill), slipstream strike, twin strike (only because your skills are on cooldown and it's better than normal swinging with chill up),tackling slash, throatcut.

a very long stunlock(yes not all are stuns but paralyze =>seal is effectively the same outcome) with a lot of damage behind it as well. if your target didnt die after all this shadow escape and go refine your weapon more. b:bye

i've changed it a little since then, but it's what i've posted for months now....
  • Exsaiga - Dreamweaver
    Exsaiga - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2010

ok i have little trouble beating BM's but barbs on the other hand is a different story.
    is there something im not doing right? im a full dex sin, is there a certain combo? genie skill?
  • Vyrra - Sanctuary
    Vyrra - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    ok i have little trouble beating BM's but barbs on the other hand is a different story.
    is there something im not doing right? im a full dex sin, is there a certain combo? genie skill?

refer to one of trawnes many posts... there are things you can do to help though (things trawne and others have already said) like apoth powders that add water damage, if you wanna hit them where it hurts go for their resistances and these powders play a big part in killing BM's and Barbs's. In my experience most fights are extremely one sided, not because they were fail or i was fail, but because thats just how it is. You usally know within the first 3 seconds whether youre going to win or not. With that in mind, one of the most important things to know when facing a bm or barb is, know how to pick your fights. learn to judge a situation and see whether or not its worth the charm tick for you to attempt to pk another player. they gave you stealth for a reason, so use it.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010

ok...just for you...because you asked....

get an infliction genie. get high str on it. get tangling mire and relentless courage on it and enough energy to use both at the same time.

get death river toxin apothecary powders. i dont always need mine but for the 18-20k HP barb i do.

start in stealth with full chi. put up deaden nerves ( in case he tries to just kill you with perdition). use focused mind or tidal protection, either is ok and preferential

use death river toxin > 2 spark (3 if you got it) > wolf emblem > inner harmony > maze steps (you should still be stealthed at this point)> tackling slash > tangling mire > power dash > relentless courage > swing until it's dead > shadow escape

this works best with interval gear. depending on your genies strength you should be reducing ~50% of the barbs/bm's physical defense making him take hits like a LA user.

i use this combo and target barbs in the middle of groups of others, kill him, them stealth and run off laughing. usually because they dared me to do it thinking i cant.

if you dont have interval gear you COULD try this, though you wont kill some of the higher HP targets:

double spark(99 chi left), inner harmony (299 chi), shadow teleport(199 chi left), tackling slash(249 chi), tangling mire, throatcut(149 chi), RDS (299 chi), headhunt (99 chi), slipstream strike, rib strike, twin strike, occult ice (genie skill), slipstream strike, twin strike (only because your skills are on cooldown and it's better than normal swinging with chill up),tackling slash, throatcut.

replace double spark with triple if you have it. dont use death river toxin as it only works on normal swings, not skill attacks. have chill of the deep up before starting as well for higher damage (since you aren't normal swinging you may as well get what damage you can)

if he isnt dead after all that you need to stealth and leave him alone until you can refine your dagger more.

the final combo you can try require a longevity genie with high dex and vit.
    get bramble rage on this genie. this combo is also good for killing a lot of people clumped together. note the must be on the ground to do this as bramble rage wont work in the air.

it goes something like this:

chill of the deep on > tidal protection > wolf emblem > maze steps > power dash > inner harmony > subsea strike > bramble rage > earthen rift.

this will kill many people. bramble rages crit chance is based on yours so by popping power dash before hand it's sure to crit on most or all it hits. i've hit HA wearers for 6.5k with my current genie (45 lucky points level 7 bramble rage....need to work on this)

normally it does around 4k when it crits though, and 2.5k-3k on robe/LA users, typically enough to kill them since they also take damage from subsea strike

and there you have it. all the secrets of a killing machine. thats pretty much exactly how i kill people right now (emphasis on NOW). i tweak and change it all the time but the general layout stays the same.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Just curious Trawne, do you ever use a stun lock combo now that you're starting to get massive amounts of interval gear together?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Just curious Trawne, do you ever use a stun lock combo now that you're starting to get massive amounts of interval gear together?

i do sometimes on wizards i know that have high pdef and HP, but those are rare.

i'm mostly going with spark > innerharmony > headhunt > swing now.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited June 2010

Now for the more affordable and cost efficient way. Keep them in our sinlock. Shadow Teleport-Puncture Wound-Deep Sting-retreat and switch to bow-shoot till they are close-Tackling Slash-retreat/shoot with bow-Headhunt-repeat from Puncture Wound using Inner Harmony/Rising Dragon as necessary. You can do the same with Blademasters and it will get them very pissed off, especially if you have Focused Mind up. Keep in mind though, this will only work in either duels or when they don't have a charm. However, if they have a charm, its a good way to annoy them by ticking it all to hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    I honestly can't see anyone killing a barb/bm that way lucius. Maybe pissing them off a bit, but thats it.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    I honestly can't see anyone killing a barb/bm that way lucius. Maybe pissing them off a bit, but thats it.

I do it all the time and win. Kiting is a very good strategy, especially when you do it with Tackling Slash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Reasons why I don't see it working in PvP:
    1) You WILL get ganked by someone else very quickly if you're in any of the pvp hot spots
    2) The second the BM catches up to you (tackling slash wears off), you WILL get stun locked. Maze steps only has a duration of 10 seconds and a cool down of 90, so you can realistically only use it on your first tackling slash.
    3) Regular attacks from a bow will tickle BMs with a pdef of 10k (mid-game gears)
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    1) You WILL get ganked by someone else very quickly if you're in any of the pvp hot spots
    2) The second the BM catches up to you (tackling slash wears off), you WILL get stun locked. Maze steps only has a duration of 10 seconds and a cool down of 90, so you can realistically only use it on your first tackling slash.
    3) Regular attacks from a bow will tickle BMs with a pdef of 10k (mid-game gears)

if done correctly he could pull it off. though it isnt likely. this could be used against susa since he doesnt charm anymore except for TW....however he uses tree of protection so it still likely wouldnt work.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    So is Arch as terrible at PvP as everyone keeps saying then? The BMs haven't learned the useful Leap skills: one to get close and squish the bug, one to give charm time to recharge from bow using wannabes?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    So is Arch as terrible at PvP as everyone keeps saying then? The BMs haven't learned the useful Leap skills: one to get close and squish the bug, one to give charm time to recharge from bow using wannabes?

thats not just arch. thats 90% of BM's in general. i think the few BM's that actually do use it also play mages b:surrender
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited June 2010

To answer your first part, you are assuming that I am going to just run into a PvP hot spot without constantly being in stealth and actually trying to kill the HA's rather than all the squishy arcanes. For the second part, I don't use Maze steps till after the first part of the sinlock wears off (that being after Tackling Slash wears off). For the third part, you would be surprised how much damage can be done in the time it takes them to reach us. Believe it or not, it is a very good tactic to avoid suffering too much damage, as well as making sure you take their HP down quite a bit before engaging up close with them. Assassins are made to kill quickly, but we aren't made to take the abusing from a Blademaster, so avoiding as much as we can will help increase survival.

Yes, a lot of the people who PvP on Archosaur are pretty bad at it. However, I wouldn't call Assassin's "bow-using wannabes," as we have the build to use bows and actually they are sometimes better to use (such as on 007 to avoid his AoE). They also are handy on melee only mobs as we can get 4 shots in before they reach us, minimizing the damage we take. If there is a single Assassin out there who does not have a bow as a ranged DD weapon, they need to reroll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I carry an HH 70 bow on me all the time (can't figure out what to upgrade to at 80 but thats a different storry b:surrender), and I agree it's extremely useful in certain situations (pole in fb 69, harpies in FC). I just don't agree that it's a viable way to kill a BM or barb that has half a brain. I'm sure it works on plenty of people of a certain level range, it's just that it's so easy to overcome.

IE: you tackling slash BM from stealth and run back to start shooting arrows. BM can smack you (seals you), willl of bodi, and start stun locking. Similarly, a barb can tank the first few shots, use his 79 skill when you come back to immobilize him again, then proceed to bend you over and do terrible terrible things to you. And all this is in a 1 on 1 situation (which rarely occurs in world pvp). Realistically, you're easy pray for any other class in the area.

Btw what level BMs are you killing?
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited June 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I carry an HH 70 bow on me all the time (can't figure out what to upgrade to at 80 but thats a different storry b:surrender), and I agree it's extremely useful in certain situations (pole in fb 69, harpies in FC). I just don't agree that it's a viable way to kill a BM or barb that has half a brain. I'm sure it works on plenty of people of a certain level range, it's just that it's so easy to overcome.

IE: you tackling slash BM from stealth and run back to start shooting arrows. BM can smack you (seals you), willl of bodi, and start stun locking. Similarly, a barb can tank the first few shots, use his 79 skill when you come back to immobilize him again, then proceed to bend you over and do terrible terrible things to you. And all this is in a 1 on 1 situation (which rarely occurs in world pvp). Realistically, you're easy pray for any other class in the area.

Btw what level BMs are you killing?

Well, you obviously don't know the Blademasters on Archosaur, as well as the Barbs. Most of them are all idiots who Oracled up and barely know how to play their class. Example, Blademasters who decide to use regular attacks when tanking, or Barbs who say they don't need Flesh Ream. I swear, a lot of the people are so easy on this server, its heartbreaking. Now, on a smart Blademaster, I agree it wouldn't work. However, on the Blademasters and Barbs in my server, most of the time it works like a charm.

By the way, I usually fight Blademasters around my level or higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Lol I'll try your way tomorrow, I'm just too tired to pk right now. Sounds like it could be fun tho.

And the reason I ask about the lvl of BMs you're fighting is to get an idea of how good their gears are. Curious how it fares against BMs in their HH 90 armor.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yes, a lot of the people who PvP on Archosaur are pretty bad at it. However, I wouldn't call Assassin's "bow-using wannabes," as we have the build to use bows and actually they are sometimes better to use (such as on 007 to avoid his AoE). They also are handy on melee only mobs as we can get 4 shots in before they reach us, minimizing the damage we take. If there is a single Assassin out there who does not have a bow as a ranged DD weapon, they need to reroll.

I know they deal very equivalent damage, especially if sparking is involved, but they don't have any skills to control the target. This makes it pretty much impossible to kill any good player, outside of a quick spike to finish them off when they run. That also gets hurt by the much larger delay in how the game readjusts distance of weapons, where it takes about 2-3 seconds before you can hit attack to actually have it attack at bow range, instead of dagger.

While it is possible to kill people with the bow, it is usually going to be due to them just being bad. This is the same whether the wannabe is a sin, BM, or 3-2 built barb. With no skills to keep placement, outside of genie, it's really more for playing around than actual serious PvP against a good opponent.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.