Just ideas

Options
Shevanel - Sanctuary
Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Wizard
I was talking with a friend today ealier about archers, and that they are the only class without a heal/way to gain HP.

Wizzies - Morning Dew
Venos - Metabolic/leech
Barbs - sunder
Clerics - lolduh
BM - Sutra
Sin - Bloodpaint
Psy - whatever nub heals they have, idk.

Archers are the only class who don't have a self healing (Apart from spark and if buffed with BP)

Now thats not the point of this thread.
Point is that I was thinking of skills that all classes bar one have, and that got me thinking about anti stuns/sleeps/seals etc

All classes have skills that make them immune to some kind of "Movement debuff" as it's called, but not wizzies.

Sure there're apoths and genie skills for anti stuns.

My thoughts were, how about adding in some kind of effect to "Elemental Shell (Increase mres by 1000% 4 seconds, 10% chance to dispel status ailments)"

I thought since the skill is completely instant, it should be useable while stunned, slept etc, with the 10% chance to dispel the stun or sleep. Also maybe a 50% chance to give you immunity, so if you think it's going to happen, you can hit Ele shell and have a chance...

Because it's not reliable, it's not OP, but can be handy for a boss that will sleep you, and give you the chance to break out and help heal barb if he's stuck.
Any thoughts?
Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
Shevanel - haha oh?
~~~
Koiz - i took this massive dump
Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
Shevanel - hahahahaha
Shevanel - haha
Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
Post edited by Shevanel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i believe that these little changes change the game for much better. I like yout idea for Ele Shell, and i think that archers should get a little healing skill (btw, bloodpaint does not work in archers, as i've heard... '-')
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Poor Archer D:

Thanks Watter.
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • \____/ - Harshlands
    \____/ - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Winged Shell

Recovers some mana. Recovers more mana than is used to cast... Used to spam it on my arch to build mana

Edit: Fail post... Thought it said a way to gain HP/MP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:bye
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Making Force of Will last longer would be nice too. I mean, WTF, have you seen how long does a maxed Chromatic seal last? Our soporiphic whisper only lasts 4 secs. ._.

I like my wizzy, but I think some of our skills are kinda broken. b:surrender
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sleep should be longer, that's for sure.
    I mean, 4 seconds...what kinda' lame sleep is that. Oponent is active again after the first hit, we can't even undine them cause we do dmg.
    FoW lasting longer...hmmm..that's tricky. Used wisely it lasts long enough, and being able to cast 2 spells while it lasts can be a little OP.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jiblet - Sanctuary
    Jiblet - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nice idea Shevy-poo...doubt we'll see it but nice all the same.

FoW being longer would be great, but it's a wonderful skill anyway so I think that the chances of that happening are zero:P
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wizzies need better control skills and more anti-control skills that's for sure.

FoW should last a bit longer to compensate for it's stupidly long casting (not channeling!) when you can't do a thing and not even Sutra or -channeling helps.

Sleep should last ~8 secs.

Elemental Shell should last more also or have less cooldown like 15 seconds. I'm fine if that would remove the 10% purify on the caster, too unreliable anyway for such a long cooldown spell.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Forget it. When Dev. improved some class? NEVER They make just OP new classes for luring people to switch and spend more money on them. They will never upgrade old classes, because forsaken world is coming and PW is dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I was talking with a friend today ealier about archers, and that they are the only class without a heal/way to gain HP.

Wizzies - Morning Dew
    Venos - Metabolic/leech
    Barbs - sunder
    Clerics - lolduh
    BM - Sutra
    Sin - Bloodpaint
    Psy - whatever nub heals they have, idk.

Archers are the only class who don't have a self healing (Apart from spark and if buffed with BP)

Now thats not the point of this thread.
    Point is that I was thinking of skills that all classes bar one have, and that got me thinking about anti stuns/sleeps/seals etc

All classes have skills that make them immune to some kind of "Movement debuff" as it's called, but not wizzies.

Sure there're apoths and genie skills for anti stuns.

My thoughts were, how about adding in some kind of effect to "Elemental Shell (Increase mres by 1000% 4 seconds, 10% chance to dispel status ailments)"

I thought since the skill is completely instant, it should be useable while stunned, slept etc, with the 10% chance to dispel the stun or sleep. Also maybe a 50% chance to give you immunity, so if you think it's going to happen, you can hit Ele shell and have a chance...

Because it's not reliable, it's not OP, but can be handy for a boss that will sleep you, and give you the chance to break out and help heal barb if he's stuck.
    Any thoughts?

the 50% puri i think is good ideea or atleast 33% and 10sec cooldown but idk if posible use it any character skill during stun/sleep. maybe if they do like sin buff with 50% avoid stastus effects.

@mumi still my favorite is pw in that view not too easy and not too hard and compared with alot other mmorpg still pretty balanced.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this class more likely needs more power in PVE vs single targets with hax high hp... (DPS)

i dont want to intefere in pvp balance (control skills)... were supposed to be killable :P were supposed to 1shot ppl or at least blow a few high damage hits

meanwhile in pve, worst DD class now, if it wasnt for undine a cleric deals the same

undine with chi gain would help a bit :P (more time sparked)

how about a *ignore defense lvl buff for non-player targets*

oh oh and healing-skill needs a cut in channeling ^^ (so we be better 2nd healers instead of DDs :P?)
    i like potato
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Forget it. When Dev. improved some class? NEVER They make just OP new classes for luring people to switch and spend more money on them. They will never upgrade old classes, because forsaken world is coming and PW is dying.
    that's it. DOT! what u said is SO right...
    let's enjoy FW at it's beggining before it becomes a constipated cow **** like pwi nowadays.
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I fail to see the point in playing FW, its basicly a pimped version of PW made to look appealing but its mostly the same as PW >.>
  • Feiric - Harshlands
    Feiric - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I like the wiz class just the way it is after thinking about it. If they gave us more control skills and anti-stuns, I'd feel like I don't have to think anymore, you know? The amount of damage we do is crazy, and we usually seem to have a decent reputation first glance at higher levels. We're not really one of those "roll your face on the keyboard" killers. One-shots to other players are usually well planned both in build and combat tactics.

Heck, any time we kill someone they're either really upset for dying so quick (like we are) or they say "dang!" or "what happened?"

I don't want the sympathy card to go away either heh.

BTW I hate archers, just because my arch-enemy stopped playing before I could get revenge after catching up on levels! No heals for them! Aren't they a die quick or kill quick class like us, though anyway?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wizards having decent reputation for higher lvls 1. outside of wizard forum 2. in these times o-o?

"dang" or "what happened" was stolen by stabbie fish^^
    i like potato
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    fist archer triple spark be all the heals they need?
    b:chuckle
    wizards having decent reputation for higher lvls 1. outside of wizard forum 2. in these times o-o?

"dang" or "what happened" was stolen by stabbie fish^^

um....we still in the wizzy forums
    >.>''
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThaMessiah - Sanctuary
    ThaMessiah - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Shev didnt ur momma tell you not to start QQ threads?

I like the idea for elemental shell though.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol Stabbie fish.

Mess, she did. She also said that you should stop QQing after she spanks you.

:D
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow