Clerics & Contribution Events

Options
Arawin - Raging Tide
Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
Such as PQ60-80 and the Nien event.

I'm confused as to how a cleric is supposed to preform well in these events to get good contribution and a chance at the nicer rewards.

From what I've found healing/resing people, buffing people and debuffing mobs gains you zero contribution. While it may be nice things to do, it doesn't help our rank at all. From what I've seen, only pure damage awards high contribution and thus high rank.

But no matter what rotation I spam, I can't seem to get even close to assassins or blademasters or venomancers and such. They're usually 2x higher than my score, and I'm doing everything I can to keep up. I'm not just naming those specific classes, it seems to be all classes. If I look up clerics in the ranks, we're always a good large chunk behind the other classes scores.

So I'm asking the pro clerics out there, how can we get high contribution so we can have a chance at some of those better rewards?
Post edited by Arawin - Raging Tide on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Get good gear, and spam hard.
    EDIT: Forgot about razor feathers and tempest, those are good too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Helr - Sanctuary
    Helr - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Can't help you much with the Nien event, but the PW is fairly easy to win as a cleric, as long as you have razor feathers fairly high.

Take down as many of the mobs in the first stage as you can (obviously). If you can manage it without dying, spam plume shot and cyclone until they die and wellspring yourself back to health once they're dead.
    For the second stage, always go after groups of mobs and Don't Stop Attacking! Try to get 3-4 mobs standing in the same place and razor feathers as often as you can, spamming plume shot and cyclone while it's cooling down. Drop a tempest when you have the chi for it. Remember, try to hit as many as you can, because that is going to get you more contribution than single-targeting.
    For the final stage, don't debuff the boss until you're ready to double spark and wield thunder. Otherwise you're boosting other people's score, instead of your own.

Alternately, you could find a squad of people with high DD (i prefer bms and sins because they can heal themselves somewhat), buff them up and set up RB. They'll kill faster, which will add to your contribution hopefully enough to keep up with high DD characters.
    helr - cleric,7X
    Jaggerjaques - BM, 7X
    blackrobe - Wizard, 6X
    and several others :D
  • Venerable - Lost City
    Venerable - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nien beast event is all about who you know. Chances are top 5-10 are partying with a bunch of their level 100+ friends, and chances are you won't perform well -ever- if you do not have the same thing going for you.
    Venerable, Protector of the Innocent.
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've only done PQ a few times, but I find that squading with people helps a lot. If you're by yourself, you can't possibly contribute as much as a cleric in squad, regardless of level.
    And when you factor level in, a cleric in a high lvl DD squad will just leave you in the dust.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Kurandera - Heavens Tear
    Kurandera - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I usually get within top 3 in PQ with no problem. The trick is really ignoring anyone who asks for buffs, heals, rez, etc...I once dropped from 1st place to 5th place and learned that the hard way. And like the above posters said, make sure you get as much as you can in 1st round. 2nd round, do AoE with razor feathers, tempest, cyclone and plume on cooldown- rinse and repeat. Oh I personally go solo unless you're in small squad with high damage dd'ers. Usually they don't like squad, so I just solo about 95% of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Made by Forsakenx
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I cannot speak for the 60-80 PQ as it wasn't around when I was those levels, but as to the nein event, there are some things you can do (if you are soloing).

I stack patience quests and the two NPC fetch quests and turn those ALL in (including incense) on the first stage. That nets me 1250 right off the bat. I usually spend the rest of stage 1 picking them up again for the next time. That places me right at the N spawn for the captain of stage 2. I usually get 30-45 seconds to kill stuff randomly before the stage ends. Right as stage 2 begins, I farm the herb right in front of the captain spawn and net an easy 100 cont. Then I just DD on the captain till it dies. The second it does, I port to a city and am one of the first to DD on the Nein. When that one dies, and if I am fortunate enough for it to be one of the first, I port to another city where one has a significant amount of HP left. If there isn't too much leeching going on, I can win 4-6th place easily and I always get at least the heavy reward packs.

However, most clerics (on DW anyway) win by squadding with a second high-DPS class (first archer or fist BM) or are just crazily geared.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The contribution is split amongst your squad. Get a good group of DDs and keep them alive.
    Or RB.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Nien beast event is all about who you know. Chances are top 5-10 are partying with a bunch of their level 100+ friends, and chances are you won't perform well -ever- if you do not have the same thing going for you.

This helps a ton...
    Or RB.

^ This as well....just like in PQ if you BB you get points.

It is the damn Random points that kill me b:angryb:cryb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

+1 and even if you are high lvl, you still better find a 5aps player to squad with.