Equipment question

Options
Vascanonus - Raging Tide
Vascanonus - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Wizard
So now that I'm 80, and faced with a lot of equipment choices, I'm not too sure what to do.

First off, as far as armour goes, I had a friend told me that TT80 green blows, and it isn't worth it to go for (saying I should just go for gold, instead). However, Gold looks like it'll take a LOT of work to farm for, and I'm not exactly rich, so buying is out of the question.

Weapon wise, I'm still using my Grief's Breath, and undecided on whether I should make Endless Ambiguity or buy a mold for Glaives of Divinity.

I guess that's it, really. My ornaments are decent for now, and I sometimes look around for cheap molds for good new ones..
Post edited by Vascanonus - Raging Tide on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tt80 green sucks
    tt80 gold sucks too (high cost for such a short time and u cant sell it)

id say stay cheap, 77mold sleeves-6chan 79(?)steppenwolf cape this 70mold-pants...
    or/and 3stars do it....

3stars with pdef adds are way better then TT80 :o

for the weapon... id say Yaska... you find yourself under Dragons Breath quite a lot now
    where channeling matters Nothing... but crit, and pdef
    i like potato
  • Vascanonus - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ah balls, I forgot to mention I'm light armour. (inb4 "nub")
    And I realize my avatar says 78... but I swear I'm 80!
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hex has the idea.
    TT80 sucks either way.

I went with the sea captains sleeves, kept my tt70 pants (They weren't badly sharded/refined), the steppenwolfs and cheap tt80 boots I got (Made, refined and sharded nicely aswell)

Kept all this till I hit 90 and got my acrobatics.

as for Weapon, I got the Glaives of Divinity. When they got taken from me I got the tt80 glaive at around 83.

I never really gave any thought to 3* stuff. Didn't really pay attention to much of my gear upto tt90. But since then, I've seen some people with some nice 3*
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle buy a reset note...
    see the power of AA :O
    i like potato
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Haha
    Amen Hex
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Vascanonus - Raging Tide
    edited May 2010
    Options
    as for Weapon, I got the Glaives of Divinity. When they got taken from me I got the tt80 glaive at around 83.

So, if I'm willing to spend the money for one, Glaives of Divinity is a good choice?
    And I think I might stick with TT70/3* for now unless I can get molds without emptying my pocket book.
    b:chuckle buy a reset note...
    see the power of AA :O
    Haha
    Amen Hex

I plan to eventually. b:surrender
  • Abysm - Heavens Tear
    Abysm - Heavens Tear Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used tt80 gold chest+legs+boots because of the great +hp and +vit adds, 3soc chest/legs and 4soc boots, socketed with flawless citrines. Still using tt80 boots @ 99. Had Sleeves of Sea Captain for wrists with flawless citrines as well. As for weapon I used the Sakra-devanam-Lundra (+2% crit gold sword) +5 with flawless sapphires.
    tt80 gold isn't hard to farm for (2x drops atm) and if you don't like farming it's not exactly expensive either. Try merching, buy low sell high. works with anything you know the market for. Get lucky some days and find molds for 300k that resell for much more. On HT, things like Helmet of Lion Spirit, Fiend's Ring, etc can get you massive amounts of profit (2m+ usually for me). Try buying and reselling tokens of luck, mats, or really anything you've got a knack at finding. Coin isn't easy to make, and lots of time merching is luck, but if you have patience you can get it over time.
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ah balls, I forgot to mention I'm light armour. (inb4 "nub")
    And I realize my avatar says 78... but I swear I'm 80!

Nub, jk. TT80 green and gold do suck for arcane but for LA i think its not that bad. Hex gave the best advice imo because youll restat in the end anyway ^^
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Grab cheap molders since your LA. LA lvl 78 chest legendary and LA lvl 69 leggings legendary . w/e for the rest with hp mods. Don't waste your coin or time with TT80 gold unless you plan on staying 80 for more then 2 months or using the gear for twinks that you will make later on same account. Getting to 90 isn't anything hard or special with all the options in game even non cash shop ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Grab cheap molders since your LA. LA lvl 78 chest legendary and LA lvl 69 leggings legendary . w/e for the rest with hp mods. Don't waste your coin or time with TT80 gold unless you plan on staying 80 for more then 2 months or using the gear for twinks that you will make later on same account. Getting to 90 isn't anything hard or special with all the options in game even non cash shop ones.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=66fedf6f61d73e7b
    my gear was like that when i was LA @ 80

cant believe how low my matk was back then o.O
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah mizuoni, but back then that was great gear, lol.
    my +6 Yaksa and i think +6 Endless were the highest refined lvl 80 weapons on the server. Honestly, I never thought I would hit 90 at that point, lol. A short math on my xp/day gain would have taken me well into 2010 for lvl 90.
    Then the BH quest came out...and everything changed

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah mizuoni, but back then that was great gear, lol.
    my +6 Yaksa and i think +6 Endless were the highest refined lvl 80 weapons on the server. Honestly, I never thought I would hit 90 at that point, lol. A short math on my xp/day gain would have taken me well into 2010 for lvl 90.
    Then the BH quest came out...and everything changed

for me was 10-12month without no life for lv100 archer without beehive and bh b:laugh
    wizz is 8month for 99. for me both tt80/90 was +3 (for archer +5 cause i won on event few gold XD)

without lucky box in cash shop still in some server the +10 tt99 is enough end game or rank6 weapon or tt100 XD