Chat Bubbles

Zackey - Sanctuary
Zackey - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Suggestion Box
Do I think youre "noobin it up"?

Yes.

Do I have an idea for the developers?

Obviously...

Anyways straight to the point here. The option for chat bubbles has been sitting in the game options unchecked for quite a while now, and it doesnt even work. I think the game staff need to take their eyes off their cash shop and FIX whats actually broken. I say this because its a waste of pixels enough to see that that option is "currently not functional" for a game thats been out for, how long now? This will definitely at least 1 up the social aspect of the game (who doesnt like chat bubbles?) as its hard enough to tell when someone is speaking to you on screen when youre not staring at the chat box.

Sorry if Im a bit blunt or forceful. I do really appreciate all the other efforts you guys got especially with the gold farming and botting that may rise in our game. But this is one simple thing that I personally see no reason for it to be not working. Remember its little details that others overlook that make the best games, so don't go straight for the moneyshot.

This is just one of many things thats a bit off with this game, and I have looked through other posts that are very reasonable suggestions that just seem to be put down. But I just have something simple here, just get this working. Im actually asking, please.
What signature?
Post edited by Zackey - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i like it.. plz get it fixed -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yes Cholla, i guess what op thread mean is bubble box just like in comic with white color as the background. (so can be read easier)
    Yes, i am also confused when i see someone who not part of my squad talking then i am wondering where are he / she.
    (sometimes right click then follow is not really working on crowded place)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Chat bubbles work for me?

You need to check the option. Then you need to use [OK] or [Apply].

Once you have done this, things people say appear above their heads for several seconds.

Perhaps you were hoping for bubbles like the lobster mount generates?

Chat contents appear over the player's headish even without chat bubble checked.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Chat bubbles work for me?

You need to check the option. Then you need to use [OK] or [Apply].

Once you have done this, things people say appear above their heads for several seconds.

Perhaps you were hoping for bubbles like the lobster mount generates?

Okay it seems like you dont know what chat bubbles are. We are talking about the coded background in chat text that adjusts to text the player has spoken and changes its size relative to the amount of characters put in.

Not particle effects from mounts....

If your still blank on the topic (although I regret doing this), here is an example of a chat bubble from a MMO whose name will remain unknown
    What signature?
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Interesting, I always assumed the chat bubble would be a "typing" indicator like the last game I played. +1 to this if it's not
  • parrotclaws
    parrotclaws Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    +1 b:laugh
  • Zackey - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    bump bump bump
    What signature?