Is maxing this combo worth it?

Starflair - Dreamweaver
Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Blademaster
I thought maybe if I max draw blood and combo it with maxed piercing winds for an approximate total of making the enemy bleed 5000 for 15 seconds, would it be worth the cost? (about 1.4mil) Just want the opinions of my fellow BMs.

Also, who uses Smack? Is that fairly decent considering the cost?
Post edited by Starflair - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Smack is very useful, but your combo isn't. It might be somewhat useful if Piercing Winds didn't cost a spark. The damage isn't that great either.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was thinking that. Like, at least smack does high damage at once. I just wish we weren't given skills that are so damn terrible and useless. Rather, i guess they're ok at beginner levels..
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok. I know personally, since i've already maxed Draw Blood, it isn't worth it at all.

Draw blood doesn't really help on anything what-so-ever. As for piercing winds.....don't bother really. If you want to max it, go for it, but i'd suggest not.

Skill's i would suggest maxing?

Aeolian Blade
    All lvl 59 end-path skills (especially Heaven's Flame and Myriad Sword Stance)
    Sutra
    Leap Back
    Leap Forward
    Roar of the Pride
    Any AoE skill (in PvP they are useful in doing quick and powerful dmg to all the enmies you stun with Roar of the Pride ^.^)

As for the rest of the skills?

Lvl them when you have extra spirit and cash ^.^
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok. I know personally, since i've already maxed Draw Blood, it isn't worth it at all.

Draw blood doesn't really help on anything what-so-ever. As for piercing winds.....don't bother really. If you want to max it, go for it, but i'd suggest not.

Skill's i would suggest maxing?

Aeolian Blade
    All lvl 59 end-path skills (especially Heaven's Flame and Myriad Sword Stance)
    Sutra
    Leap Back
    Leap Forward
    Roar of the Pride
    Any AoE skill (in PvP they are useful in doing quick and powerful dmg to all the enmies you stun with Roar of the Pride ^.^)

As for the rest of the skills?

Lvl them when you have extra spirit and cash ^.^

You forgot Aura of the Golden Bell, masteries, cloud sprint and Drake's Ray is also something to consider. Oh and about AoE's in PvP: I just love it when I see a 8x or 9x BM spamming AoE skills in duels or 1v1 PvP fight. Unless he's pure axe that's just stupid. AoE's are important for dungeon runs though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It was useful....when refines were low, and there wasn't alot of end game gear, and the target was an arcane armor. Nowadays, with PvP reduction and high resists in even weak areas, it simply doesn't deal enough to be worth the time. Draw Blood maybe for a quick link skill, but usually Drake's Ray or Tiger Maw is better in that place.

For PvE, the use of a spark kills the combo anyways. If using skills, there are better ones to choose from with a greater effect. Mostly, it would only be used for single path spear users, but again, it's simply no longer valid for lack of efficiency.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited May 2010
    You forgot Aura of the Golden Bell, masteries, cloud sprint and Drake's Ray is also something to consider. Oh and about AoE's in PvP: I just love it when I see a 8x or 9x BM spamming AoE skills in duels or 1v1 PvP fight. Unless he's pure axe that's just stupid. AoE's are important for dungeon runs though.

Yeah, masteries though are expensive, so i suggest lvling them when you can afford it. Golden bell is in the top 10 to lvl, forgot about it when i was doing the list >.<
    Cloud sprint.....Only need to max it so you can get Will of Bodhestia (or however it's spelled).
    Drake's Ray.....I got it max lvl. Worthless :/

And i only added AoE skills because, if your being ganked, all you do is Roar of Pride, then AoE them with your max AoE skills and you'll be fine ^.^ (even if it's assassin, as long as one of them isn't an assassin, or there is a nearby monster, you can win ^.^)
  • Delmarte - Lost City
    Delmarte - Lost City Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well, draw blood is really cheap to level and the sage/demon books for it sell for 90k on Lost City (although like most lv 89 skills it still costs 1 million spirit and coins to learn). Once you get it, it becomes 3 times more powerful than the original. 1 Draw blood on your opponent in PvE or PvP is pretty much worthless. 3 at the same time is something to consider though.

I got Piercing Winds as a gift, and I do plan on using it next. It's even more costly though (1.5 million experience and spirit). But it also gets a dramatic power boost of almost 50%.

Combined the sage/demon versions of the skills do x2 Base Damage + 4.8k Bonus Damage + 9.4k Bleed Damage over 15 seconds, using about 2 seconds of casting time.

Now normally that spark would be better used on Drake Bash, since preventing someone from kiting in the first place with a stun is probably better than doing damage while their kiting. But there are several skills (class and genie) that grant immunity to stuns. This is what makes the bleed combo viable, since no one expects it.

Sage version also has a 25% chance to case with no spark. =]

It's up to you. I just wanted to present an opposing viewpoint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I'm here I'm bored or procrastinating. b:cute
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, masteries though are expensive, so i suggest lvling them when you can afford it.

I actually don't have a hard time believing that you would say that. Umm... Masteries are important and should be leveled before any other skills. They increase the damage of ALL of your skills and normal attacks for that particular weapon. It's the one passive skill that makes every attack with that particular weapon do more damage. It should be leveled immediately when the next level is available.

Leap forward is useful in PvE to jump into melee range with mobs that have a vicious ranged attack, however you're most likely going to still be hit by at least one ranged attack unless you get your distances correct and can manage to leap right into melee range without under/overshooting it, otherwise you just look like a tool. Leap back is mainly a PvP skill. Level these after you have leveled your main/primary attacks.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited May 2010
    Michael_dark: I have only my fist mastery close to max, and all others are lvl 3. I still own all mobs, and even some people (depending on class and gear/wep), even w/o all of them at max for my lvl (which would be lvl 10).

So, what you said isn't entirely true. Masteries aren't "Omg!!! YOU SUCK IF YOUR DIDN'T LVL THAT!! NOOB!!! NON-1337".

Defense rests :P