Assasine with Heavy Armor

El_Cherchil - Sanctuary
El_Cherchil - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
my Question is this okay .....

My Friend played a Sin with Heavy Armor.
the Daggger need each lvl 3 Dex and 1 Str.
the HA need each lvl 2,5 Str and 0,5 Dex

all in all need i each 2 lvl : 6Dex and 5 Str = 11 Points

what do he ? He count all Bonus from Weapon and Armor for this Freaky Show ....

He do all boss alone with HP Charms and Pots ....
He DONT need a Cleric
His Lvl is 82 the has the TT 80 HA and the Legandry lvl 74 Dagger
and kill without Skills Arcitect or Other moobs....

is this okay or only CRAZY ???

hows our about this play art ?
Post edited by El_Cherchil - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010

He DONT need a Cleric

HA sin is fine, he should use fists though if he's HA.

he can use his level daggers and HA depending on the ornaments he wears for extra stat points.

LA sins can do their on BH's too. i solo my BH's every day. it's nice you even save on wines b:chuckle
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Kyrael - Dreamweaver
    Kyrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    HA assassins are much less common than LA ones because of the stat points issue you and your friend are seeing. It can be costly to find enough stat adds to make up for the lack of str/dex(depending on if you statted for up-to-date armor or daggers). Still, I see them as a viable build; you'll get more damage from fists as a HA sin than daggers because daggers get their attack from dex, which you're probably lacking in. To use your skills you can carry a spare set of daggers and switch to them quickly to execute skills.

Soloing quests and dungeons isn't unheard of for HA sins, or even LA ones. You can stealth straight past the mobs for a few MP pots or charm ticks (unless you have good MP regen stats on your gear), and we're built to deal crazy damage fast. As the damage we do increases, our bloodpaint heals us more. -interval sins will definitely have the easiest time with this though; HA sins usually have better survivability for taking actual hits than non-interval sins because of their defenses, but their damage is severely gimped with daggers, making for less HP regen. It's your choice: survive longer or kill faster.

HA sins are possible, despite people frowning upon them a lot. (I'm expecting some people to come in and say "go pure or gtfo n00b") Still, if your friend likes it, there's no problem with him going with that build.

EDIT: TT__TT Trawne beat me to it. Darn my long replies.
  • CarricaSin - Heavens Tear
    CarricaSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    For a HA build dont you need to go on a per 3 level basis so you can get stat requirements met? so 8 dex and 7 str per 3 levels? even less to str? i kinda want to try a HA sin... i want to try the odd builds of classes just to see my preferances and options....
  • FinalFatex - Harshlands
    FinalFatex - Harshlands Posts: 2,427 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    LA sins can do their on BH's too. i solo my BH's every day. it's nice you even save on wines b:chuckle

What lvl is your sin and what build do you use to solo BH's?
    ~~Blood Red since 30~~
  • HashNslash - Lost City
    HashNslash - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=47b7faa357f5080b is the site if u want HA sin with same lvl dagger and HA gear
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010

What lvl is your sin and what build do you use to solo BH's?

i did it at 90 with pure dex build.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=97d3a0a40d73b61b

thats my current gear. at the time i was 90 it was +3 armor and +6 weapon though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F4UEBz1iCk&feature=related

this is a sin (not me) soloing BH79

this was done before sins had 3 spark and his gear wasn't as good as mine is right now either. the key is keeping rib strike up.

you'll notice in this he takes a few charm ticks and uses hp pots. i charm tick maybe 1 time in 79 and use 3-4 hp pots if needed. i am sage so the sage spark does help a lot.

i can also do bh89 solo but that one ticks my charm a bit and i use more hp pots.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2010

He DONT need a Cleric

Sooo... 82 sin solo his own boss/bh? i guess they nerf polearm and garnub. if you want to make up something about a build... aleast make it some what believeable... LOL.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf