Idols and/or rolemodels

Lylfo - Dreamweaver
Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Tideswell (East)
So i saw this similar titled posts in Lost City's and Heave's Tear's forum.

"What players of your particular class influenced you to become the Veno/Cleric/Barb/Archer/Swordman/Magic Guy that you are today? Let's have a positive discussion. :D"

Might be interesting to see what you have here.
Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lylfo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• \Hysteria\ - Dreamweaver
    \Hysteria\ - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    well, wasnt really on this game, but in past mmos ive always been mages/sorcerors cuz of some high lvl wizard on my 1st mmo after i watched him do a massive hit on like everything in sight
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Fen? idk if anyone remembers him but he was a bad **** veno I've always tried be like. b:chuckle
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I remember Fen :o
    and you too <3
    Influence....xJayx and LW are the clerics that influenced me to not become like em -cough-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Does it have to be the same class? :-(
    My rolemodel was definetely CHILI, when i first started this game and met him on another PW version, he seemed to know everything in and out and was like the most amazing dude at making money without
    any usage of the CS.

Thanks for inspiring me, haha :D
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No one here will likely remember her but I play my class in memory of Alektos. When I originally started playing PWI it was her who said I should try a Venomancers. I quit that later played a couple different classes and then even other PWI games. She died in January and when I returned to play I started a veno again. Everytime I see my little fox I remember how her cleric used to carry me around while we explored the gameworld.

Below is a screenshot of her and myself on the very first day I played PWI. I always remember her as my best friend and sister, though we were not related.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/AryannaMage/2008-09-1923-30-42.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylise - Archosaur
    Lylise - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Sup noobs, Olee here :Pb:chuckle was bored and saw this thread, so thought I should post here ^^

Somehow my rolemodels were from Sanc D: obviously the 2 best barbs I ever saw, Greyfangs and the Big Templar ^^

Peace DW , and Hope u all doing good enough :)b:bye
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The first bm I looked up to was Matthew, until I met Peenice. Then I looked up to Peenice so much that I spent like $200 on zerk fists. Woops.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    When I first started playing a cleric, I had no one to look up to. I played the class because I enjoyed it. But I was terrible. I joined my second faction and met there a cleric named Yrana. He was the cleric that helped me to get where I am today.

b:sad I miss you Rafa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i remember looking up to Zeratul at level 60 and later on Seraphim. Zeratul was the reason i decided to go LA in my 70s and Seraphim is the one who brought me back to arcane. I was going to go demon, but i decided it was time to be my own role model and go sage b:chuckle.

I still talk to Zeratul from time to time but i miss Seraphim and his witty comments ;-;
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Chuck norris inspired my bm. ;p

j/k j/k

No one really inspired me to play a bm, it was just the class that appealed to me the most upon creation. I <3 swords. =x

My Cleric[/] was inspired by a number of my old friends in the first true guild I was in, Rednite, Shinsei, Calyipto, and foxydoughnut, all of them were pretty kickass in pvp... or pve. ;p

Barbarian was inspired by another person from the first 'true' guild I was in, was Smoken.

I do have other classes, but I can't really say who.. or what inspired them, maybe I was getting bored of my other characters. xD
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I started a Cleric because a friend of mine was one and told me they were pretty cool. I made one and we started playing together, a few weeks later they were unable to play the game but I stuck with my Cleric. It was my first class and I do well at it, I've been playing for a little over a year now and I still think my Cleric is badass >:D

Though... I do have a BM alt that I occasionally play, I made him because I wanted to beat the **** out of stuff instead of healing :O

Though... Demon Sparked Tempesting random people at OT is pretty fun too b:chuckle
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I looked up to Lightaine to be the best elf I could be.

But before that, I looked up to my friends sadpuma and Tutankhamun on HT along with Senyo.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    when i firs tplayed PWI, i chose an archer because I was watching a BBC series of Robin Hood, and i like action dramas like that (Jonas Armstrong- fit o.o) b:chuckle

now, if i had a role model for each class...

assasin: Flotsam - hes one of my best freinds and the highest level sin in my fac, 87 o.o

psychic: Ankuo - well hes, cute, so i guess that counts? b:surrender

archer: Chezedude - fisting, hes doin it right :D

cleric: Zanryu - sure lots of people hate him, but i would never hate him at all b:cute

Wizard+Veno - Thrivelia - the two timer XD shes a veno and wizard bundles into one!

blademaster: hmm.. i actually dont know any O_O other then Zanryus alt Zoll XD

Barbarian: TheDoomed - he is the ultimate wand barb, that is allb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Lightaine - Raging Tide
    Lightaine - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I looked up to Lightaine to be the best elf I could be.

awwww thankyou! b:shy
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Watching Transcend's PvP videos pretty much sold me on becoming an archer.
    I hope I can become as epic an archer as him someday. D:
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I started an archer to pk Lylfo...when that didnt work out, I made an assasin to pk Lylfo.
    You're such an inspiration Lylfo!
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Ajatar - Dreamweaver
    Ajatar - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Always had my eyes on ArchAngel and Qultor.

But originally i chose cleric because my old faction leader from PW-MY inspired me.
    She was such good cleric, kept me alive every time i messed up. b:surrender
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I started a Cleric because a friend of mine was one and told me they were pretty cool. I made one and we started playing together, a few weeks later they were unable to play the game but I stuck with my Cleric. It was my first class and I do well at it, I've been playing for a little over a year now and I still think my Cleric is badass >:D

Though... I do have a BM alt that I occasionally play, I made him because I wanted to beat the **** out of stuff instead of healing :O

Though... Demon Sparked Tempesting random people at OT is pretty fun too b:chuckle
    *Grumbles something about shoving that tempest someplace shocking* >,.>"

On Topic: My archer has no role model but i made my wizzie because of Shadeed shes awesome >:3
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    My Hero = Quizenbort
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i always looked up to Xiao_pandana i am sure no one remembers him today but he was best cleric ever up till my mid 70s he quits now i look up to arch but ik i am never getting that goodb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I remember Fen :o
    and you too <3
    Influence....xJayx and LW are the clerics that influenced me to not become like em -cough-

Aza <3333

I miss you. b:cry also lol @ that
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ohhh, Graviora by far <333

She was the one who made me play the game, although, I started off as a wizzard, then a psy, before I ended up playing a cleric, same class as she played. I hope that I'll become a good cleric like she is one day b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ohhh, Graviora by far <333

She was the one who made me play the game, although, I started off as a wizzard, then a psy, before I ended up playing a cleric, same class as she played. I hope that I'll become a good cleric like she is one day b:surrender

:O Awwehhh <3333 I love you Ida <3333
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I always and still do look up to Nyte.

When I first met Nyte he was the leader of a small faction called TheDivine and I was a lowly lvl 29. He helped me with multiple bosses and FB's. When I met him he was only lvl 78. Thus Reaching lvl 78 was my end game goal. However, when I got that far Nyte was already 91, so I took that as my new goal.

Now I'm 90 myself and Nyte is 101. I don't think I'm going to catch him at that lvl anytime soon and I'm not going to even try. He clearly outclasses me. ^^
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lylfo is my hero. "She" merchants like no other I personally know....

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    definitely lylfo, as my cleric mentor..

..with lots of icecreams..

..bye bye b:avoid
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Thrivelia - Dreamweaver
    Thrivelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    lylfo is my hero. "She" merchants like no other I personally know....

b:laugh
    definitely lylfo, as my cleric mentor..

..with lots of icecreams..

..bye bye b:avoid

@_@
    I'll just keep assuming lylfo is a girl atm QQ
    'it's' [lylfo] if just like ice..
    ice= guy char but girl irl D=
    lylfo= G.I.R.L :(
    Guy In Real Life = G.I.R.L.
  • Xkat - Dreamweaver
    Xkat - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I've never really looked up to anyone and just winged it and did whatever I wanted to do. But one person that I admire in PWI would be... myself LOL

In all seriousness, everyone is good at what they do in their own ways b:cute
    My words of advice, lower down your expectations so that you wont set yourself up for disappointments. Expect low, aim high.

xkat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i always looked up to Xiao_pandana i am sure no one remembers him today but he was best cleric ever up till my mid 70s he quits now i look up to arch but ik i am never getting that goodb:cry

I remember xiao, he had the blue summer chipao and i had the red :P Theres alot of people I looked up to and still look up to, basically everyone in Midnight and Dominion who taught me my trade and inspired me to as strong as they are. I'm not there yet but I'm tryin'! b:chuckle

p.s. Yes, I needed to be taught my trade. Before I joined Midnight my primary healing skill was blessing of the purehearted. b:cry I LEARNED MY LESSON!
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Batista - Dreamweaver
    Batista - Dreamweaver Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Though it was a long time ago ...Toxic helped Batista out tremendously for the first six months the server was open ... poor Toxic lol, all those whispers I sent Toxic asking for help and never a complaint. Seeing Toxic slap around mobs that slapped me around inspired me to create my Venomancer - Venom! :)
    Batista (85 Cleric) {Semi-Retired Character}
    Venom (55 Venomancer) {Main Character - On Vacation}
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    territorywar.info (Dreamweaver TW Maps) (Updated 08/28/2010)
    battleoftheimmortals.com (Under Major Construction)