Any factions for noobs that don't suck?

Apikiri - Lost City
Apikiri - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hey,

I've been playing for just about a week with this Sin. From the message boards, it seems most old players hate fish so I feel kind of bad for making one... But the reason I didn't get into PWI before was because it lacked a rogue-like melee dps class.

Anyway, I am wondering if there are any factions on Lost City that have decent players that help out new players? I get invited into factions all the time when I'm in Arch, but people never talk to me first so I always decline them.

I am also wondering if there's any point to playing to high levels if I don't spend a lot in cash shop? I'll probably buy some things but I don't plan on investing hundreds. It looks like endgame is pretty CS heavy, so I am wondering if I will run into trouble if I play frugally.

Thanks for the input. :)
Post edited by Apikiri - Lost City on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Play however you want...it is your game after all....

In terms of factions, you just have to find the one that fits I guess. Just ignore the random invites ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Apikiri - Lost City
    Apikiri - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks.. :)

Looking forward to getting more time in-game. I guess I'll come across a faction when the timing is right.

For now I am having no trouble soloing and minding my own business, but I figure as I level up I'll want to experience some of the more group-centric content.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited May 2010

In terms of factions, you just have to find the one that fits I guess. Just ignore the random invites ;)

First faction I ever joined was because of a random invite. I never regretted it. b:victory

I lucked out with that though; every other random invite that I accepted has been to pretty bad factions. But yeah, just find a faction that you like and stick with it. If you don't like a faction then don't feel obligated to stay in it and just find a new one (be sure to at least tell someone before leaving though).
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Herbalism - Lost City
    Herbalism - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Apply for Spectral. I heard they're accepting 20+'s now.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    go Honesty, its the best guild tat i ever had, i get alot of help from this guild b:bye

im lingzi b:bye
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Go RQ, I hear its the new Rage. b:shutup
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • RiiC - Raging Tide
    RiiC - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I never seen a levelv 101 player before. I wish you would join my lowly faction, I could use the advise. It seems like I'll never get there, how long did it take you. I just keep plugging along, so many questions so little time to play if I try to search for all the answers, then wish i spent more time researching after i found out that I waisted so much time on something. b:surrender
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Rose would so be level 103 if it werent for those 8k forum posts.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Like Red said - it is a matter of trying out factions to see where you may best fit in with your playing style. And vice versa. Factions vary quite a bit in their makeup and philosophies.

It is possible to play and do well without (or minimally) cash shopping but the higher the level the longer it takes to accumulate what you may need to improve your toon (ie mats).
    People usually cave in for the "instant gratification" the cash shop provides. And obviously it frustrates many who cannot cash shop (for whatever reason).

Your first frustration will come at level 50 when you need a "perfect hammer" that I think costs about 2mil these days if you choose to open the stash.

I hope I haven't discouraged you but wanted to be honest with what you can expect. I happen to love this game and didn't cash shop at all until higher level (80ish) :)

Cheers!