How to tame a level 8 sawfly...

Options
Perikita - Raging Tide
Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Venomancer
... or any other low-level mob when your level is much higher.

Easiest method is to bramble yourself and tame once. Taming will fail and the fly will attack you. Dont hit the fly, just wait until its hp is down by half from reflected damage, then tame again.

If this is well known, just ignore me. Didn't find this in the guides I read though.
Post edited by Perikita - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear
    TheUnjudged - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Noice I'll tell my sister that, she's so stupid thinking she'll get lucky and only do 1 damageb:laugh
  • Iribehir - Dreamweaver
    Iribehir - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Unequip your weapon and hit it with fists :p
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

Easiest method is to bramble yourself and tame once. Taming will fail and the fly will attack you. Dont hit the fly, just wait until its hp is down by half from reflected damage, then tame again.

If this is well known, just ignore me. Didn't find this in the guides I read though.

b:surrender i wish i remembered to do this. Really good friend of mine wanted a Elysium Fowl for a pet so i said.. fine fine.. i'll get u one. There I was.. smacking these poor birds over the head trying to get 10 eggs all the while praying to whatever god is up there that nobody sees me as I was already laughing hysterically at myself everytime i accidently killed one b:laugh
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options

b:beatup It's so simple I can't believe I never thought of it. The other day I was running around CoL bugging newbs to damage a scorp for me so I could tame. b:laugh
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:beatup It's so simple I can't believe I never thought of it. The other day I was running around CoL bugging newbs to damage a scorp for me so I could tame

I find that rather complicated. The last sawfly I got, I just unequipped the weapon, and I had to bash it for a while to get it down. So my guess is that with the little strength that was added since, that hasn't changed a lot.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Perikita - Raging Tide
    Perikita - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well I think fighting just with fists might work as well. The bramble is still better imo because it deals damage according to the attack level. In other words, it's the proper amount of damage automatically.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Unequip your weapon and hit it with fists :p

Sometimes you are too strong for that.... While ago I went to tame sawfly and scorpion. I one hit them with fists. So for sawfly I had to use bramble to get its hp down. For scorpion.... I called a friend's low level alt for help. Bramble didn't work on scorpion as he was hitting himself back for 1point as max
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Unequip weapon, might rings, any equip that gives you strength, and fly and try the scorpion again. If that doesn't work, tame a higher pet you don't one-hit, and use it to tame the scorpion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    b:surrender i wish i remembered to do this. Really good friend of mine wanted a Elysium Fowl for a pet so i said.. fine fine.. i'll get u one. There I was.. smacking these poor birds over the head trying to get 10 eggs all the while praying to whatever god is up there that nobody sees me as I was already laughing hysterically at myself everytime i accidently killed one b:laugh
    imagine cleric aggroing and tanking birdies, veno taming them, both laughing like mad in rl, and lots of chivalrous males trying to help pretty idiots who cant even kill few chickens in any reasonable time b:chuckle
    i had ton of fun helping with catching my all class elysium, huggly and butterfly b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    that's a good idea indeed ^^
    I usually ask a friend to make an alt and help me out.
    Or ask a random person in the area to weaken the mob a bit so I can tame it :) ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • ShadowMiss - Raging Tide
    ShadowMiss - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I always save a low-level pet egg and get that to fight it while I tame, but I like your advice.
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    imagine cleric aggroing and tanking birdies, veno taming them, both laughing like mad in rl, and lots of chivalrous males trying to help pretty idiots who cant even kill few chickens in any reasonable time b:chuckle

This sounds like FUN! hahahah Too bad you are not on LC or I'd say lets go try b:laugh
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i had ton of fun helping with catching my all class elysium, huggly and butterfly b:victory

Bit off-topic, but it reminds me of something...
    Me and a friend were on low level alts doing some aoe grinding for fun. She on lvl30 cleric and I on lvl30 wizzy. We were taking out those poison spiders near Kimsa, so every higher level player felt an obligation to rush and save two ladies in distress from that huge amount of mobs. For some reason neither of use were happy about getting KS/"saved" so often.