Complete Newb here with questions

nicknickyx3
nicknickyx3 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi! I'm here from Ether Saga and thinking about playing this game, if you guys can tell me how the game is like that would be awesome. I have read some threads on this forum but I prefer answers from active players right up to date with the game.

- In Ether Saga we just clicked a green name NPC/Quest item/Monster and we auto walked/flew to the area. Can you do that in Perfect World?

-Do newbies get beginner packages to help them start off in the game?

-Is this game strictly quest based like Ether Saga? Monster exp is extremly low and only doing quest to level up? If so I'm kinda happy with that.

-Are there daily events every few hours?

- I'm thinking about becoming a axe blade master. That dragon aoe looks cool. No other reason why I'm making a blade master, just that aoe, how long would it take for me to reach the level required for that skill?

-I see on the forum people saying "Manage to get to level 20" and this and that. Is the game really hard to level if I'm not a cash user? I'll play for about 2-3 hours per day. When I feel I really understand the game and enjoy it I'll buy cash items then, but for now no.

That is all for now! Thank you for your time! b:bye
Post edited by nicknickyx3 on

Comments

• BIade_Strike - Heavens Tear
    BIade_Strike - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    - In Ether Saga we just clicked a green name NPC/Quest item/Monster and we auto walked/flew to the area. Can you do that in Perfect World?

Yeah, all you have to do is click on the green name in the Quest tab, although sometimes it won't be there to make the game "challenging".b:chuckle

Sort of, you get a supply stash that you can open every 5 levels and get a neat reward. Go to this for a list of the rewards >>http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=265902&highlight=supply+stash

-Is this game strictly quest based like Ether Saga? Monster exp is extremly low and only doing quest to level up? If so I'm kinda happy with that.
    I've never played Ether Saga, but exp is pretty low and questing will make leveling go faster than just killing monsters.

Currently there is an event, Nien Beast Event, that comes on twice a day. Sorry i dont remember the times though. b:surrender There are not DAILY events, but events come and go. Enjoy them while they last.

- I'm thinking about becoming a axe blade master. That dragon aoe looks cool. No other reason why I'm making a blade master, just that aoe, how long would it take for me to reach the level required for that skill?
    Well, thats a level 59 skill, if im correct, and if you're playing for 2-3 hours a day it should take you around a month or less.

-I see on the forum people saying "Manage to get to level 20" and this and that. Is the game really hard to level if I'm not a cash user? I'll play for about 2-3 hours per day. When I feel I really understand the game and enjoy it I'll buy cash items then, but for now no.
    If people are telling you its hard to get to level 20, then the highest they've been is level 10. b:chuckle Getting to level 20 is easy, all you have to do is quest. Now for the cash thing. Cash-shopping will make your life 100 times easier, but its not needed. I don't have anything from the cash shop and im level 60. It's not needed, but it helps.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Newbie gear:

During the first few levels, every starting city has a couple quests that can get you some really neat gear. You get a weapon and pots right off the bat, and decent starting armor for "talking to the merchants" in a quest. Then, at level 20, you get a quest that rewards you with a weapon you'll probably use well into your 30s.

+ the Supply stash, of course.

You do get fairly good experience for killing monsters (they'll boost your exp decently until you hit your 50s or so), but it is a lot more conveniant to do the dailies. Daily dungeons, daily wait quests, daily "fly all around the world and talk to people" quests, and now twice-daily "save the main city" quest.

I've got an axe BM alt, just hit 30 (I don't play her very much) and it's definitely a nice, relatively easy, hard-hitting choice. BMs can take some hits, and are a nice, stable choice, especially for a newbie. Just make sure to read the various guides on the forums here about how to build and play an axe bm. I've restated mine a couple times, just to optimize her... but maybe you're not quite that picky.

As for the level 20 thing... my faction was actually talking about how their alts got to level 20 in one gaming session. b:chuckle Granted, it's faster for experienced players, but that should give you ideas. Level 20 is a cinch, and even 30 will fly by pretty quickly. It's once you hit your mid-40s that you might have to scrounge for exp from monsters, if you don't do dailies. Then again, daily bhes alone can have you zip through levels well into your 80s. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Yes

You get a supply stash that gives u somethign every 5 lvls

Yes to an extent.. you also have ur bounty hunters that u do to get major amounts of exp and final battles which are dungeons you enter i think every 9 lvls ? But for bounty hunters you dont start those till lvl 50.. you dont always have to quest and kill monsters .. although u may get a item out of the quests. I just find them very time consuming at my lvl lol since they ask me to kill 80 of this and 75 of that .. it gets to be a pain.. so if ur going to do quests i recommend do them wen ur bord or u just have nothing else to do lol

They have events every so often and bonuses to all game members.. for example exp gained is x2 for the next two weeks.

The game isnt really based on lvl to get a skill.. you need to complete trial quests (aka Spiritual Cultivation) before you can get any new skills, if you do not do the Cultivations you will not get the next set of skills. The AoE skill with the dragons i believe is a lvl 59 skill. But BM's have skills for every weapon so dont narrow urself down to the axe. For information on the spiritual cultivations go to this page http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/spiritual_adept and here is a website to help you with any quest you may not no how to do http://purplemelon.wikidot.com/start

No its actually very easy to lvl and it is possible to get to lvl 100 in 2 months ... you can make lvl 30 in one day if you dont do anything else but quest. So really its not that hard .. also BM's are one of the more faster lvling classes.

I hope this answers all ur questions

b:victory
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i've been playing for... two or three weeks by now, pretty much every day (this game's too addictive!) and i've got this char up to level 22.

plus my main alt's lvl 18, my third is 17, and my fourth is lvl 10. if i'd focused on just leveling one single char, i could've easily been looking at lvl 40 by now... but i wouldn't have learned half as much about the game. if anything i think i've been leveling too fast, i've tried consciously to slow down and explore the game more.

leveling's just about doing quests, they take you through the levels on rails well past my levels. the only real obstacle is the FBs you get every ten levels starting at lvl 19 --- and that's only an "obstacle" because you can't solo them, the game forces you to be social and find a squad. everybody else has the same issue, of course, so finding teammates isn't that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i've been playing for... two or three weeks by now, pretty much every day (this game's too addictive!) and i've got this char up to level 22.

plus my main alt's lvl 18, my third is 17, and my fourth is lvl 10. if i'd focused on just leveling one single char, i could've easily been looking at lvl 40 by now... but i wouldn't have learned half as much about the game. if anything i think i've been leveling too fast, i've tried consciously to slow down and explore the game more.

leveling's just about doing quests, they take you through the levels on rails well past my levels. the only real obstacle is the FBs you get every ten levels starting at lvl 19 --- and that's only an "obstacle" because you can't solo them, the game forces you to be social and find a squad. everybody else has the same issue, of course, so finding teammates isn't that hard.

U dont need to do quests to lvl really .. from lvl 1- 20 u can do it by grinding .. it may take you longer but u can do it... fb's are only one of the few things you will need a squad for.. you also have mini bosses outside FB or BH you need to kill... some classes can solo tho.. etc myself a lvl 80 sin was able to take on certain bosses by myself without charms as well as venos ... other classes my find it difficult.
  • Grindina - Harshlands
    Grindina - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No its actually very easy to lvl and it is possible to get to lvl 100 in 2 months ... you can make lvl 30 in one day if you dont do anything else but quest. So really its not that hard .. also BM's are one of the more faster lvling classes.

With 2-3 hours a day? Lol did I miss something is it 20-30 hours daily?