When To Get Rid Of Wheel of Fate?

Options
SmilingCooki - Sanctuary
SmilingCooki - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Cleric
Seriously like when is the right time? Cause I've seen people use it all the way through to 60 for your first TT wep. But I've also seen some people ditch it for supply box 50 or 55m which ever one it was.

And just curious me is wondering when should I hock the thing and get a diff wep cause I tend to Lv fast and like to keep up-to-date on my gear.
Don't stare at me like that, I just might like it.
Post edited by SmilingCooki - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think it can do you up to 70 or 80 then get your TT80 weapon or Leg.I would like to get for an alt for a cheap price.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think it can do you up to 70 or 80 then get your TT80 weapon or Leg.I would like to get for an alt for a cheap price.

Are you kidding me? Wheel of fate, thats level 43. Keep a level 43 weapon until level 80? Come on, ancient arbors are how much? 400k? They're cheap and a lot better than a wheel of fate.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Vyrella - Dreamweaver
    Vyrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The thing about W of F is the -3% channeling. It adds up. I'm keeping mine until lvl 70 and Endless Ambiguity.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The thing about W of F is the -3% channeling. It adds up. I'm keeping mine until lvl 70 and Endless Ambiguity.

Really no point of -channeling at that level. The magic attack of arbor is much better. Also, second point. What do you mean endless ambiguity and level 70? Is endless amb not a level 80 weapon?
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I got the lvl 50 wep since it's better than the wheel plus I can share it with my veno or wizard.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No sooner than 60 IMO. You could prolly hold on to it till 70 easily depending on which weapon path you intend on taking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    idk i never used it but at least until you can get tt weapon or next mold weapon
  • Vyrella - Dreamweaver
    Vyrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What do you mean endless ambiguity and level 70? Is endless amb not a level 80 weapon?

You are right, my mistake. Still, why give up -channeling if it's not necessary?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well for me after getting better weapon have channel or not . . b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You are right, my mistake. Still, why give up -channeling if it's not necessary?

Because A lot more magic attack > -3% channeling.

Compare the magic attacks:
    Wheel's : 333-499. Average: 416
    arbor's: 511-624. Average: 568

The higher +magic attack add from the arbor probably makes up for the lack of -3% channeling anyways. Like I have stated, no point in keeping a wheel until level 70. If you actively use a wheel of fate at level 80, well, theres a big problem. The arbor is dirt cheap, and better than the wheel.
  • Ewen - Harshlands
    Ewen - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd also say at 60. Ancient arbor really deals more damage, so keeping a wheel of fate till 70 would be madness. Even worse if you use it till 80.. I'd buy arbor at 60, sakyamuni at 70 and glaives of divinity at 79/TT80 glaive at 80. The channeling, especially -3%, doesn't matter so much. I'd understand a bit better if it was like -10%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig made by me. Seems that the forums change the quality of the picture a bit. b:sad
  • Solae - Raging Tide
    Solae - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i agree with the levl 60 cutoff
    i used wheel from 43-60, where i'm not using the AA, and i have sakuyauyumis light or however yu spell it >>; for levl 70
    sakublahblah's light gives +216 physdef (i think..) which is why i'm switching to it rather than going to continue the tt chain for that. idk if imma sell the AA and buy the tt80, or decomp the AA, make the tt70, and decomp that ><;
    the only thing i would miss from the wheel is the +7 vit
    but i guess its alright, cos i also began sharding pdef at 5x and they make up for the 70hp loss. i also got a necklace with +120 hp ;D
    levl 8x cleric on ragingg tidee; Solae
  • Fruitluips - Lost City
    Fruitluips - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    -3% channeling is not a good reason to keep a 43 weapon after level 60. You probably would not even notice the channeling difference except maybe on skills like Blessing of the Purehearted, Chromatic Healing Beam, and Tempest. Not to mention, as everyone else said, Ancient Arbor's an easy and worthy upgrade; its minimum magic attack (without the modifier) is more than WoF's max.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are you kidding me? Wheel of fate, thats level 43. Keep a level 43 weapon until level 80? Come on, ancient arbors are how much? 400k? They're cheap and a lot better than a wheel of fate.

I said I Think as I was unsure about the lvl although I have heard something till 70.You could use both of them as swapping.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Tainte - Lost City
    Tainte - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I would say to use the wheel of fate until 60 for the ancient arbor. The -3% channeling isn't really worth the loss from the extra magic attack that the arbor gives. (Pretty sure that the arbor is higher grade too.) For me, i promptly ditched it at 60 for the arbor haha b:cute. At 70, if you're short on money though, the grief's breath would be a nice substitute for the Saky, imo.

Well, to me, I'd prefer to endless ambiguity over the giaves of divinity that someone up there posted about O: At higher levels, I really would prefer the -3% channeling stacked with sleeves of the sea captain. Seeing as i'm not there yet though, i'm not too sure ;s
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wheel of Fate is good until it gets replaced by Ancient Arbor (TT60) unless it's refined (+5, maybe) then it can go up to lv. 70.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Really no point of -channeling at that level. The magic attack of arbor is much better. Also, second point. What do you mean endless ambiguity and level 70? Is endless amb not a level 80 weapon?

I have to think there are at least a couple of squad members out there who are thankful their cleric worked on getting the IH's out the door faster.
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have to think there are at least a couple of squad members out there who are thankful their cleric worked on getting the IH's out the door faster.

You're ignoring all the posts above. There is no point in a shaving a few milliseconds of a heal when you can get much better heals instead. End of story. There is no point whatsoever in keeping a WoF when an arbor is better.
  • ThaMessiah - Sanctuary
    ThaMessiah - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No higher then 60 IMO sure u got -3% chan but u need alot more then that for a noticeable difference. At 60 you can use the Ancient Arbor which has a BETTER MAGIC ATTACK then the WoF making your heals STRONGER since heals ARE dependent on MAGIC ATTACK.
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used the wheel of fate for both my cleric and veno to lvl 60 then got the arbour. It was only refined to +3 and was more than adequate :) The fine pataka of bodhii was just too hard to get ;(
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wheel of Fate is good until it gets replaced by Ancient Arbor (TT60) unless it's refined (+5, maybe) then it can go up to lv. 70.

+5 a level 43 weapon... wow... Though I suppose there's nothing wrong with spending the money if you want to =o

I would much rather have a higher m-att avg than a lower one with -3 chan...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Seriously like when is the right time?

Now!! Dont keep it for the channeling bonus, has no sense.

At your current level 70 you can choose some options:

Magic Sword
    ☆Sakyamuni's Light
    Physical attack 330-494
    Magical attack 598-731
    Magic Attack +56
    Phys. Res.: +216
    Evasion +214

TT70
    ☆Grief's Breath
    Physical attack 322-482
    Magical attack 584-713
    MP +235
    Vitality +10~11

☆Ashura's Sign
    Physical attack 322-482
    Magical attack 584-713
    Magic Attack +63
    Magic +10~11

(Need the TT60 Souledge to manufature it)

Wand
    TT70
    ☆Acalanatha Wand
    Physical attack 282-344
    Magical attack 642-655
    Magic Attack +63
    MP +210
    Magic +10~11

(Need the TT60 Souledge to manufature it)

If you need help you can test all of this weapons at PWI calculator here:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/

Also at level 79 you can get
    ☆Glaives of Divinity
    Physical attack 367-497
    Magical attack 591-887,
    Maximum Magic Attack +94
    MP +235
    Magic +8~9

For Lv80 yopu can get another channeling weapon, is TT80
    Magic Sword - ☆Endless Ambiguity
    Physical attack 370-555
    Magical attack 673-822
    Maximum Magic Attack +118
    Channelling -3%
    HP: +165

Just are better options than a level 43 weapon on a lv70 chara, WoF with just Magical attack 333-499 making you lost magic attack and healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary