End-game Daggers

Euphy - Dreamweaver
Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
Hi hi! I was wondering if the Dream Breaker dagger was in the game already. I couldn't find it from the Messenger of the Sages <^-^>
Also...
The Rank 8 dagger does quite a bit more damage than both the Dream Breaker and Nirvana: Barrier Thorn. Moreover, it adds 4% to your critical hit-rate! Does this compensate -0,1interval even on a speed-build? The Rank 8 daggers look really cool, and I'm trying to plan out my assassin's end-game build.

Thanks for you input! <^-^>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Euphy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• XWizz - Lost City
    XWizz - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    No the Dream Breaker is not in the game...but hopefully it will be with the patch where we get demon and sage skills. As for which is better im going to leave that up for someone who has a better understanding of the nirvana and 8jun daggers.b:thanks

but imo the rank 6 Dream Breaker is the top weapon unless u can recast the nirvana daggers to get -.15 on them
    Reasons to be an Assassin - Invisibility...and the additional benefit of doing damage that should be illegal.
  • Shinobia - Harshlands
    Shinobia - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Get rank 6.

Hopefully the rank 6 daggers will be in the next patch and you also get the rank chest with -interval.

If you look at the Nirvana -interval dagger and compare it to the rank 6 dagger, you will notice that the rank 6 dagger has a slightly higher damage output also.
  • PaperCutter - Dreamweaver
    PaperCutter - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It might be coming in the upcoming patch (hopefully tonight)

Added Tideborn Badge quest. More information coming soon!
    ^ no idea what that is but it might be the weapn of the sages b:surrender
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    It might be coming in the upcoming patch (hopefully tonight)

Added Tideborn Badge quest. More information coming soon!
    ^ no idea what that is but it might be the weapn of the sages b:surrender

i hope we'll see it tonight b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    There was this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694572, but we kind of went off topic.

I personally is going for rank 6. Assuming I'm aiming for -int on the recast, rank 6 will have a higher avg attack and I think they are auto 2 sockets. I don't even want to know how many socket stones it takes to socket Nirvana daggers.
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    16k socket stones....I know you didn't want to know but I said it anyway. Much cheaper to get 2nd socket in TT99 and transfer it though.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:shockedb:shutupb:infuriated
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Okay awesome, thanks for the help! I took a lot of effort getting the reputation and badges for my cleric's Beemhoof Slicer, but its been totally worth it. I'm a little disappointed that the 8jun daggers (which I think look really cool) don't have the -interval to make them truly amazing. But hey... I did it once I can do it again <^-^>
    I still want to get a set of the Ocean Supremacy Armor - shark armor -raawr-!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    TT99gold/100 has +range, which is an underestimated power.
    Most melee weapons have less than 4,5m range. Daggers with +2m range do have 4,5m.

Freeze your enemy at max range (tacling slash), and auto attack from where they can't reach you.

Though not sure if it's truely endgame stuf, it's verry usefull
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ichigo_K - Lost City
    Ichigo_K - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Im rank 6 atm, just waiting for the daggers.
    Nirvana zerkers are insanely OP but cost 475mil and cant guarentee you a proc on zerk.
    8jun = 4% crit 2x phys attack
    6jun = 1.0 int, 2x phys attack

Imo you can never ever ever say
    4%crit>1.0 interval

I find interval 100% priceless.
    without 6jun i hit 2.86
    with 6jun i hit 4.0
    with tome i hit 5.0
    Honeslty, who will tank a 3 spark,powerdash from
    and +10 dagger with 5.0 hits per second?.
    +Goals Reached+
    First Assasin with nirvana pants~lostcity~
    4.0 & 5.0 Hits per second~
    reached 500 dex+~
    Highest Hp'd interval assasin ~lostcity~
    b:sad until pc passes me b:cry
  • Silentz - Raging Tide
    Silentz - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i am lookin at the 2* dream daggar as well looks like it will be nice:)
    of course the Lunar Disector is the best thats the one im goin for!!!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    u sure 1 billion+ coins worth another of that 'effort' to get to rank 8? (aka rep)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Noones is saying that rank 8 is worth it >.>

Only reason I can see an interval sin going rank 8 is for the top, which is also not worth the 1 billion for an extra .05 interval
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Noones is saying that rank 8 is worth it >.>

Only reason I can see an interval sin going rank 8 is for the top, which is also not worth the 1 billion for an extra .05 interval

it is to me....after i get the other interval pieces.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    it is to me....after i get the other interval pieces.

b:shocked

10characters
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Bad news to Rank6 lovers, no more -0.1interval

I see Raptures prices going up as soon ppl stop crying b:laugh

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/hazael_2006/10021273740440732.jpg
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Xelthion - Harshlands
    Xelthion - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:cute good. damn fishes are too OP anyways..
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:cute good. damn fishes are too OP anyways..

O hai.

Step 1) go learn smack
    Step 2) use smack on sin
    Step 3) drag in into the air
    Step 4) Dragon sin
    Step 5) TE sin
    Step 6) ???
    Step 7) Profit

or for the shorter version....

Smack > dragon > fist

seriously BM's, SMACK ME. Smack is you're best way of stopping a sin in his tracks then killing him if he doesn't run away.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You cant compare Zerk daggers with a little bit of interval.

By far nirvana daggers are better, Not only cause yar high critical but also yar high dps + zerk.

Sure you can do 5 atacks of 1k maybe hit 2k cri, But when it compares to 4kcri zerk.. Theres a big difference.

Zerk is probably best stat in any weapon, even better than debuff since it increases yar damage by alot. 2-3 Zerk Cri with Spark n stack atack lvs > .01 int.

Overall If ya really go against someone with high hp n well refined. Zerk daggers will ended up killing faster than the little bit of interval yar getting from .01.

By the way.. you can still get Zerk + Interval in nirvana daggers. I had .05 .05 int on my bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Yarly - Harshlands
    Yarly - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You cant compare Zerk daggers with a little bit of interval.

By far nirvana daggers are better, Not only cause yar high critical but also yar high dps + zerk.

Sure you can do 5 atacks of 1k maybe hit 2k cri, But when it compares to 4kcri zerk.. Theres a big difference.

Zerk is probably best stat in any weapon, even better than debuff since it increases yar damage by alot. 2-3 Zerk Cri with Spark n stack atack lvs > .01 int.

Overall If ya really go against someone with high hp n well refined. Zerk daggers will ended up killing faster than the little bit of interval yar getting from .01.

By the way.. you can still get Zerk + Interval in nirvana daggers. I had .05 .05 int on my bow.

I'm willing to bet you're wrong about zerk being better than interval
  • Taxi - Lost City
    Taxi - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm willing to bet you're wrong about zerk being better than interval

he is wrong

A proper interval sin will always take kedge down in 1~2 sec before he can even realize what's happening.
    A Zerk sin will take him down 1 out of 20 tries when Zerk decides to come out before target start defending.
  • FoxyGurlly - Lost City
    FoxyGurlly - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    he is wrong

A proper interval sin will always take kedge down in 1~2 sec before he can even realize what's happening.
    A Zerk sin will take him down 1 out of 20 tries when Zerk decides to come out before target start defending.
    Have you ever used a zerk weapon? it is approximately 20% to activate. If they get adv zerker, that should be 40%. AND you can have best of both worlds as kedge says.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Like foxy just said..

You can have ZERK n INT in nirvana daggers. Maybe ya only get Zerk n .05 Int.. but .05 isnt really a big difference with the increase of damage from g15 n zerk chance...

Only good thing of getting rank 6 / 8 is the top. i heard rank 6 daggers gonna be .05 Int. Better go rank8 with yar intervals n waste 1 billion coins or your lunch money :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.