Reroll, archer, wiz or psy?

Coimbra - Harshlands
Coimbra - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
I want to create a new character and i'm going to play in a PVE server, so, wich is the best DD class to choose: wizard, archer o psy?
I played as an archer once and i really liked.
Anyway, wich one is the best, talking in terms of survivability and damage dealing? Of course, in pve, not pvp.
Post edited by Coimbra - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm of course partial to wiz as it's my main but I have also enjoyed playing archer. I can't comment on psy as I've never tried one (don't really like the looks of the TB). Wiz I like for the cool looking skills and the huge numbers I see on the screen (got a 39k crit yesterday at lvl 78).

I have also played archer and enjoyed it. I feel an archer has more survivability than a wiz and their DPS is pretty close to a wiz. Both are great for pve so go with what you think you would like to play more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coimbra - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    yeah, maibe i'll try wizard. i checked the skills at ecatomb.net and i liked the wizard's numbers at midgame, i will not reach endgame, i just play for fun b:victory
    i liked to play as an archer, but i'm in to try something new
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Make them all. Play them to whatever level you feel yourself still being interested in them. Stick with the one you like best. :P

Psychics are just getting ridiculously popular now, though. We need more Wizards and Archers, and they're both awesome classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    We need more Wizards and Archers, and they're both awesome classes.

+1

second line
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • venogoge
    venogoge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hey, I'm relatively new at this game and I have a lvl 34 psychic and a lvl 14 wizard. I recommend a Psychic because they are a bit complex and they deal great damage and are very reliable when need be. They are also high in demand in guilds because of their long ranged attacks, and the good damage they deal out, but make sure you have someone that you can use for aggro then use the psychic for long-distant high damaging attacks. The abilities they have are amazing and i didn't have any problems lvling them up, honestly i think that they lvl up quicker than most characters, but hey thats my opinion.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Psychics are just getting ridiculously popular now, though.

We are? O_o

You sure you don't mean Sins? I see another Psychic and I'm like "hey I see my reflection!" and it takes me a minute to realize it's actually another Psychic.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Coimbra - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    i have a lvl 30 psychic, and i liked. they just are more expensive than other classes. i already played once as an archer to lvl 40. i'll create a wizard cuz never played as one b:pleased
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you don't plan to be end-game wizard don't play it. You will be disappointed. Because just from lv. 95+ with good weapon+ good channeling+good critic wizard shine. And at lower and mid level wizard survivability is terrible. Especially if you going to be pure. You will be more death than alive.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    If you don't plan to be end-game wizard don't play it. You will be disappointed. Because just from lv. 95+ with good weapon+ good channeling+good critic wizard shine. And at lower and mid level wizard survivability is terrible. Especially if you going to be pure. You will be more death than alive.b:chuckle

wrong... I played wizard and they do fine, channeling gear b:chuckle hehe I don't even have that yet

I gush and run xD and hailstorm, crown of the flame and pitfall till mob is dead, yeah slow but I never get hit that way b:cute

I can solo kite in my own FB too :), same with cleric...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I want to create a new character and i'm going to play in a PVE server, so, wich is the best DD class to choose: wizard, archer o psy?
    Anyway, wich one is the best, talking in terms of survivability and damage dealing? Of course, in pve, not pvp.

Archers hands down. Interval + fist/claw and you'll be the DD king. Interval will also help with bow damage. OMG range + melee and huge DD potential in both!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Bobobobobo - Lost City
    Bobobobobo - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    pfft who cares about pve? killing mobs is easy, no matters the class, it doesnt requires skills, not even brains. Just roll whatever class you like, if you don't even consider pvp.
    If you want the "best class" to kill mobs lmao then go archer, its cheaper than magic class survivability wise and are better to dd bosses by far.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    pfft who cares about pve? killing mobs is easy, no matters the class, it doesnt requires skills, not even brains. Just roll whatever class you like, if you don't even consider pvp.
    If you want the "best class" to kill mobs lmao then go archer, its cheaper than magic class survivability wise and are better to dd bosses by far.

I burn way more mana on archer than my cleric b:chuckle

Rather losing mana than HP ever again X_x

2nd, like it really takes skill to PVP even with genies around... TE ... even a fail could abuse an overpowered genie skill like true emptiness and kill LVL100 people with it. Proof from Murked w/e his fail BM's name is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Wizards:
    For survivability, from what I've heard wizards are very squish and will die a lot in the beginning of the game. However, they do have the potential to gain superb magical and physical defense end game wise when they aquire their barrier skill to increase their physical defense.

A wizard will have little trouble in finding a position in squads for PVE instances such as Rebirth or other events that requires zhenning. However, they aren't really preferred by the majority in an FCC squad or Nirvana for lvl 90-100+ (on Sanctuary sever at least). This is not because they are bad DDs, but because of the conditions of the instance. You face competition with other DDs that can make the run go faster. Now a days, with the popularity of stacking interval gears and fists for incredibly high damage per time, bms and archers are highly valued in instances where many bosses have to be killed. There's also venos for tanking and amp damage. Even for a TT run, if they have one more spot left in the squad for a DD, people will go for an archer for his/her STA.

Archer:
    For survivability, archers can have a rough time in the beginning of the game due to low level skills to keep certain but not all mobs at bay. For end game, they have one of the crappiest passive defense because of light armor usage. However, they do have a few very good active defense skills that helps them to survive temporary (i.e. wings of grace, winged shell). Although their defense is not the best, they can tank magic bosses with no problem if their gear is good. There are situations where an archer is best suited for tanking, such as a few bosses in TT 3-2 | 3-3.

Archers are favored in many instance runs due to their sharpen tooth skill that takes away 16% hp at level 10 from their targets. In an instance with 5 or more bosses, that usage of STA can mean a faster run than with a wiz in place of the archer. They also have AoE skills, and provides excellent damage. Especially with stacked interval and fists/claws. I always see people world chatting now a days for one either in TTs, Nirvana, FCC and Rebirth.

Psychic:
    I personally don't know much about them. From what I've heard, their damage is amazing high and have no difficulty surviving during the early levels unlike an archer and wiz. They also have skills to adjust their attack and defense level. People who plays this class mainly dies because they fail to control aggro and steal it from the tank.

Their usage for PVP is high. However, they might find difficulties find squads for certain things in PVE. For one thing, they do not have a long term AoE skill like that of an archer and wiz, which is preferred in zhenning.

Helping you decide:

In PVE, it might be hard for you to find help killing bosses that you need as a DD if you are not in a good faction or don't have a good friend list. For grinding and solo questing, archer and wiz might be a challenge for the first 20-30 levels unless you play the psychic. In the end, they won't find it a challenge at all. In a squad for end game instances, the archer does have the potential to deal more damage than a wiz and psy. The damage potential depends on your level of skills, and gear. As a DD, you're not suppose to keep getting hit and get killed, unless you can't control aggro. Survivability for PVE have to take into account of your squad and how you utilizes your skills and items. Since you've played an archer and liked it, then I recommend you to make one for PVE.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    i abosolutely LOVE archer. its so easy and good damage and you get squads :D
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • \____/ - Harshlands
    \____/ - Harshlands Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    wrong... I played wizard and they do fine, channeling gear b:chuckle hehe I don't even have that yet

I gush and run xD and hailstorm, crown of the flame and pitfall till mob is dead, yeah slow but I never get hit that way b:cute

I can solo kite in my own FB too :), same with cleric...

b:chuckle
    /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:bye
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I burn way more mana on archer than my cleric b:chuckle

Why? well at lower levels you do have a semi big mana drain..but once you get higher, even with sucky gear you get to the point where you can stun and auto shoot the mobs to death. Also, if you go full dex, might need to spend more on mp pots but you wont have to spam a lot of mana draining skills on mobs.

I would say EA because nothing beats being able to afk at bosses in HH without having to worry about using mp pots(or mp charm if you use that). And probably cheaper, since you don't have to buy that many pots except HP. And don't whine about the arrow/bolt cost. if you pick up your drops..usually arrows and bolts drop A Lot from mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'm enjoying my wizzie BECAUSE of the difficulty level.
    If you want to challenge yourself, then wiz is defiantly the way to go.
    Wiz has keeps me on my toes the whole time, and is so much more fun. Love seeing those big numbers come up b:victory
    Also, there are not many of us around on my server at least so is cool when you run into one in bh squads
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2010
    Why? well at lower levels you do have a semi big mana drain..but once you get higher, even with sucky gear you get to the point where you can stun and auto shoot the mobs to death. Also, if you go full dex, might need to spend more on mp pots but you wont have to spam a lot of mana draining skills on mobs.

I would say EA because nothing beats being able to afk at bosses in HH without having to worry about using mp pots(or mp charm if you use that). And probably cheaper, since you don't have to buy that many pots except HP. And don't whine about the arrow/bolt cost. if you pick up your drops..usually arrows and bolts drop A Lot from mobs.

Stunning arrow opening, quick shot, knockback arrow and lightning strike = win b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• DarksShade - Archosaur
    DarksShade - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    archer wizz or psy as DD lol u forgot the most important one...

veno bm and sin...

veno is uber good for surviability in early and end game, get a lot of hp per vit/lvl, have a pet, they has pretty high dmg because veno+pet combo dmg + pet doesnt have dmg reduction on lvl 150 boss and on top of that they have a passive increase speed skill that totally rock end game makes them run damn fast.

bm surviability at early early game is not really good since u cant kill a mob without being hit but u get so much def and hp later on and self heal that they are the best surviability DD class end game. and as DD, end game with some stack int gear and fist weapon.. they are out DDing any archer wizz psy veno around.

sin, no need to say they are the worst at surviability in early game, good at stealing aggro, and dying often. it gets better after lvl 59, hp u get by blood paint and spark keeps ur HP up easy and with all those chi skills its easy to just keep sparking, and when u get 89 if u really wants a pve DD class go demon sin stack some int gear and they are probably better DD then fist BM are because of the crit % and the crit dammage and also the nirvana daggers can have a beserk add on, what else can i say, GG?
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Stunning arrow opening, quick shot, knockback arrow and lightning strike = win b:chuckle

I usually use stun arrow then auto shoot for ranged mobs. Then aim low for melee mobs after I'm make distance from them and the auto shoot, if they are too close then frost arrow and then knockback. Should be dead by then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Wizards all the way, because we look cool when we cast are skills.Tiger5.gif
  • DarksShade - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    Wizards all the way, because we look cool when we cast are skills.Tiger5.gif

have u seen lvl 79 healing skill of sin xD
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    have u seen lvl 79 healing skill of sin xD

pfft that's one skill, but all of wizzies skills look cool!Tiger42.gif
  • DarksShade - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    pfft that's one skill, but all of wizzies skills look cool!Tiger42.gif

others sin skill look pretty badass to =o, and wizz look **** >:)
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    edited May 2010
    others sin skill look pretty badass to =o, and wizz look **** >:)

Sins look ****.Tiger12.gif
  • DarksShade - Archosaur
    edited May 2010
    sin look **** in combat states i admit... but wizzy wear robe >:o, man with dress x3
  • Nalamwen - Raging Tide
    Nalamwen - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Barby Dolls' the bestest DD. O.o

If you like the mage classes I liked my wiz the best.

Melee I liked the BM the best but haven't played sin.

BM has versatility that can match any situation.

You didn't mention Veno either but they're the easiest/cheapest imo. Still kill fast, almost never get hit, almost never pot, speed boosts, and cheapest (unless you get a herc/nix obviously).

Of the three you mention though I like Wiz. Mine is still low lvl, only 35. But I still 3-4 shot mobs before they even get to me. No need to kite yet. And yes, the skills do look cool.
  • GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear
    GiantSquidy - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:chuckle
    /10char

lolol ikr? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Dec-21-10.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pure arcane barb is the best to play, hands down.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Pure arcane barb is the best to play, hands down.

No, bowbarian is the best. We also have perfect tank/DD that can spam IH = Axe Cleric.
    The question is on agroo skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...